flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > the idea of everybody connected

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
if we are moving into this direction (everybody connected)
then we need something more than Facebook.
Post 24 Jul 2011, 22:23
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
if we are moving into this direction (everybody connected)
then we need something more than Facebook.
Could you elaborate more your point of view, please? Wink
Post 24 Jul 2011, 22:27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i see something like goal based society in a everybody participate scale.

so, it means, we need a legitimate true id of our self + SSL certs to make your opinion count.

example,
it could be like the town council decided to upgrade this 5KM bumpy road, then what is the best time to do it, (so this news will get spread into everybody in that area) and they decide what the best time to do it.

the idea of participate mean people acknowledge that event and i think this is what gonna be in soon future.

i hope we are moving into anarchy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchy

the advance of communication technology should enable us to embrace anarchy properly, imo.
Post 24 Jul 2011, 23:02
edfed

edfed
meetic+blog+wow+irc+msn+facebook+twiter+icq+forums are just little parts of what can be a social network.

by combining every aspects of every social based parts, we will maybe have what sleepsleep talk about.

it can be a good thing, or a bad thing, depends on what are your responsabilities and activities. private life should be protected from any attack, that is somehow impossible if we connect together every personnal datas about everybody, and let access by simple suggestions.

and of course, it should be free to let everybody access the service.
because it is something like "general interest technology", and then, it will be controled by some official institution. because internet is minitel 2.0
Post 24 Jul 2011, 23:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

it can be a good thing, or a bad thing, depends on what are your responsabilities and activities.

i see everything as double edged sword,,,,

nobody can hide under the nick of anonymous if you want your opinion to be counted as this will make the whole thing mysterious.

it is by people, for people concept.
Post 24 Jul 2011, 23:20
YONG

YONG
sleepsleep, could you please connect your savings accounts to my PayPal account so that I can directly withdraw $ from you? If yes, we are officially CONNECTED! Rolling Eyes Wink
Post 25 Jul 2011, 07:51
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
haha, YONG,

when you want to come to my country? I think there is lot of opporturnity here.
Post 25 Jul 2011, 11:20
YONG

YONG
But I don't speak Malay. So I guess I stand no chance to take those opportunities! Sad Wink
Post 25 Jul 2011, 11:49
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

But I don't speak Malay. So I guess I stand no chance to take those opportunities!

we speak mandarin here, mandarin is as common as malay, Smile
in fact, my part time is conducting adult spoken mandarin class to those who are not Chinese Smile
Post 25 Jul 2011, 12:25
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
so, it means, we need a legitimate true id of our self + SSL certs to make your opinion count.

example,
it could be like the town council decided to upgrade this 5KM bumpy road, then what is the best time to do it, (so this news will get spread into everybody in that area) and they decide what the best time to do it.
Ahh I see your point now. Smile

The system you're talking about is by no means anarchy but it's quite close to the direct democracy.
Post 25 Jul 2011, 20:38
Enko

Enko
MHajduk wrote:

The system you're talking about is by no means anarchy but it's quite close to the direct democracy.

In fact it would be a direct democracy over a web interface xD

But there is a problem, people, specially more elder, don't trust so much the computers.
And for you to get the Idea, check this movie:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0483726/

becouse of a failur in the system, a comedian got elected.
And don't forget the corruption, and that someone could alter the results, it's easy done on a webserver, that on a paper list.
Post 25 Jul 2011, 21:10
MHajduk

MHajduk
Yeah, I agree. But there are some ways to protect against the system failures and interference of the third parties in the polls results. I mean here especially proper cryptographic protocols made for this purpose.
Post 25 Jul 2011, 21:22
Enko

Enko
MHajduk wrote:
Yeah, I agree. But there are some ways to protect against the system failures and interference of the third parties in the polls results. I mean here especially proper cryptographic protocols made for this purpose.

But I think you can't protect a system from it's Admin/Creator. In the case of the movie, its a failur. But what if its planned failur, or made on purpose?

But returning to the sleepsleeps example, he talks about a local goverment. If the city main hall isn't corrupt or somthing like that, It should be preaty easily implemented.
Somthing like, on one day of elections, every citizen of a that city, submit a user and a pass for this system (presentig his document or somthing)
So this way, if somthing local need to be voted, they can do it online.

The same system could work for presidential election, but the problem is the "trust" you need to deposite on such system, for such important thing like presidential elections.

For a road repair, I guess with minor trust it should be ok, but for somthing bigger... guess not
Post 25 Jul 2011, 23:58
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

For a road repair, I guess with minor trust it should be ok, but for somthing bigger... guess not

i would say, everything start from a small step, once the confidence is gained through small experiments, then only we could try some bigger stuffs.

Quote:

i am more into, building the "lasting" hardware & application, the main IDEA is to let COMMUNICATION between several hundred thousand people possible...

so, one of the idea to reach consensus in several hundred thousand of people is doing voting system, and the choices can be created on the spot and people can choose what they see fit, they can vote or they present another solution.

you can vote / rank once, or present solution, or changing ur choice before the deadline. there is certainly exists multiple solution for a problem, so, people choose what action they see fit by assigned into group.

control is only made available during the task, after the task, everything will get dissolved.

we don't need permanent of power holding, we concentrate more on goal and action.

thousand people certainly mean thousand or maybe more than thousand ideas, but for sure, we can group it and rank it.
Post 27 Jul 2011, 11:48
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
(...) IDEA is to let COMMUNICATION (...)
You don't need to scream - I "hear" you very well (there is no need to use CAPITAL LETTERS in your messages). Wink Razz
Post 27 Jul 2011, 12:02
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

You don't need to scream - I "hear" you very wel

sorry if that somehow affect u...... i don't mean it and u know Wink
Post 27 Jul 2011, 18:28
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
Quote:

You don't need to scream - I "hear" you very wel

sorry if that somehow affect u...... i don't mean it and u know Wink
No problem. I was just kidding. Wink
Post 27 Jul 2011, 19:43

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: