flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > how is killing animal for food is reasonable?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
this is the weirdest part of our cycle...
we got other choices, maybe we shouldn't eat meat after all because we can clearly see they are in pain when we butcher them.
Post 13 Jul 2011, 21:05
MHajduk

MHajduk
There exists a theoretical possibility of farming of animal tissues in vitro (laboratories) and some researches are conducted for sure. If it would be possible to do it in practice then the old dilemma "to eat meat or not" would be completely anachronistic.
Post 13 Jul 2011, 21:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Enko

Enko

yammy... this cat looks delecious

Last edited by Enko on 13 Jul 2011, 22:37; edited 1 time in total
Post 13 Jul 2011, 21:51
MHajduk

MHajduk
Enko, are you a cat-eater? Razz
Post 13 Jul 2011, 21:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Enko

Enko
MHajduk wrote:
Enko, are you a cat-eater? Razz

Of course NOT.

I know that in some countries they do eat cats. So I puted the images to generate a better shocking fact on what sleepsleep posted.
Post 13 Jul 2011, 22:01
MHajduk

MHajduk
Yeah, all reasonable people know that killing "our smaller brothers" is not OK, because we begin to understand that animals are very similar to us - they have feelings, personality etc. Biotechnology can solve our dilemma by creation of "artificial" meat as I wrote above.
Post 13 Jul 2011, 22:06
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
damn it, why people wanna eat cats....... Sad

but they might yell, damn it, why people wanna eat chicken............

this cycle must be break, damn it...
Post 13 Jul 2011, 22:13
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
damn it, why people wanna eat cats....... Sad

but they might yell, damn it, why people wanna eat chicken............

this cycle must be break, damn it...
You can break it today, sleepsleep, it's enough to become a vegetarian and your conscience will be clear.
Post 13 Jul 2011, 22:16
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
just need to print out this cats picture and stick it on my wall, will motivate me to think about their suffering.
Post 13 Jul 2011, 22:29
JohnFound

JohnFound
Humans are predatory animals. (well, omnivorous is more accurate) That is why we eat meat. It is normal. You don't want wolfs to eat carrots, right?
On the other hand, the wild predators don't think about the pain of its food. The animals killed in wild suffer a lot. The humans at least try to kill its food fast and relatively painless.
Do you ever see a cat playing with a mouse? That is really evil. So, what should we do? To train the cats to kill their prey fast and merciful? Or to create genetically new breed of cats-vegetarians. And then to kill all other cats?
Post 14 Jul 2011, 06:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
me239

me239
Because every carnivore/omnivore does. It doesn't matter how far we've come in society, instinct always comes first.
Post 14 Jul 2011, 06:18
Tyler

Tyler
Enko wrote:

yammy... this cat looks delecious
Awww... that's a lot of orange kitties. I'm partial to orange kitties. I would buy one, and keep it.

They're actually kinda rare here. Most here are black/brown/grey or a combination.
Post 14 Jul 2011, 07:07
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
kinda demotivate me to eat meat whenever i think of this,
but vegetarian restaurant operating hours doesn't suit my lifestyle, i usually eat around 8 pm, but they close around 5 pm.

maybe should buy lots of bread and instant noddles @ home, just DIY myself.
Post 14 Jul 2011, 12:46
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
Vegetarianism is unnatural. When humans evolved - they were hunters and they were meat eaters since .5 million years ago. Vegetarianism will only shorten human life, because biologically humans designed to use meat - using replacements made with chemicals or not using it at all will damage the system.
Post 14 Jul 2011, 13:02
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
kinda demotivate me to eat meat whenever i think of this,
but vegetarian restaurant operating hours doesn't suit my lifestyle, i usually eat around 8 pm, but they close around 5 pm.

maybe should buy lots of bread and instant noddles @ home, just DIY myself.
The best way to stay slim is to eat a few small meals a day and don't eat after 10pm.

Don't forget about fruits and vegetables! A diet consisting only of bread and noodles isn't good.
Post 14 Jul 2011, 13:05
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
yeah, fruits and vegetables,

maybe i should set my mind and determine to become a vege.... i see there is no point to eat meat....

if view from vitamin and protein perspective, is there anything i couldn't get from a set of vegetarian meal?
Post 14 Jul 2011, 13:08
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
if view from vitamin and protein perspective, is there anything i couldn't get from a set of vegetarian meal?
Unfortunately, yes. As AsmGuru62 pointed it out there are some amino acids which are rarely available in vegetables. You can find some of them in soya and other podded plants.

Before you'll decide to become a vegetarian think very well about your personal diet. I think it would be good to consult your plans with some medicine doctor / dietician who will tell you if it will be healthy to you.
Post 14 Jul 2011, 13:17
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i think the problem is more to, how am i going to talk about compassion when i am a meat eater?

how am i going to evolve if i have no rejection towards this bloody cruel cycle of meat hunting?
Post 14 Jul 2011, 13:46
JohnFound

JohnFound
What is better(worse)? To die prematurely, or not to be born at all?
Post 14 Jul 2011, 13:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Post 14 Jul 2011, 14:08

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: