flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > The new terror campaing here!

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
edfed wrote:
it is reallyt a problem, technology is a real problem, because it is claimed as a solution to everything.

It really isn't. We've been creating technology for the past thousands of years to solve problems we have and make our lives easier.
But like anything else, technology can't be 100% positive and 0% negative.

edfed wrote:
exactlly like in older ages, when everything was the responsability of GOD, now, everything is the reponsability of Technology.

It's not the same at all. God/religion is used to explain the world, reassure people who are afraid of something (e.g. dying), control them sometimes, etc. Technology is about tools that (usually) enhance our welfare.
No sane person will "believe" in a computer or computer science/engineering. Some can't understand what's going on in the machine so it's more like magic to them, but that's a totally different issue.

edfed wrote:
we can compute, invent, etc, but we are always so dumb.

How can the organism who invented the machine that computes be dumb?
People living empty lives dictated by their masters are dumb, maybe, but that has nothing to do with technology. For these masters and slaves, technology is nothing more than another merchandisable commodity. Technology is not the problem, they are.
Post 25 Jun 2011, 14:14
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

People living empty lives dictated by their masters are dumb, maybe, but that has nothing to do with technology. For these masters and slaves,

like god who never said anything and human...
Post 26 Jun 2011, 00:28
Raedwulf

Raedwulf
YONG wrote:
edfed wrote:
i'd prefer to forget everything about computer science and return to a more sane world, something like arts, garden, girls ... bored about technology.
Well said, friend. Razz

asmhack wrote:
... that's why I switched to composing.
Me too! I am a hobbyist writer! Wink

And I to coding for linux(and sometimes crossplatform), writing and composing.

Post 26 Jun 2011, 15:56
MHajduk

MHajduk
Unlike some of the colleagues who described their opinions here I'm still trying to catch this elusive equilibrium point among the three extremes: exhaustive programming, hard physical work and "earthly delights". Razz In spite of the all difficulties I still believe it's possible... Wink
Post 26 Jun 2011, 16:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
addes3

addes3
If I can't program assembly on Windows 8, I'm gonna be pissed.
Post 28 Jun 2011, 16:47
garystampa

garystampa
There is always the option to not buy Windows.
Post 28 Jun 2011, 20:02
addes3

addes3
True Smile
Post 28 Jun 2011, 20:32
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
Why would anyone think that Windows 8 has no possibility of Assembler programming?
Post 29 Jun 2011, 01:38
ctl3d32

ctl3d32
addes3 wrote:
If I can't program assembly on Windows 8, I'm gonna be pissed.

That would be an epic. Microsoft would be stabbing itself.
That will never heappen. We need fast computing to solve many scientific, medical, engineering, etc. tasks. Computers were not created just to read e-mail, or use facebook, or orkut.

To me, Linux sucks. Who likes command lines? sudo what? To hell!!!!
I don't like windows either, but it is more friendly and easier to program.
What can i say about Apple? They have a closed architecture. You can't upgrade, unless you buy a new machine, of course. You can't do anything that they don't want you to. If you make an app for iphone that uses the camera button as an hotkey, they will block your app, because the camera button were not made for that. Funny thing. And i thought the operating system would be great, but it isn't. It's slow, resource hungry, and it doesn't have to deal with all the new hardware that appears on the market. How can that be? You can't create a virtual machine using an Apple OS. It's forbidden. Rolling Eyes

Compared to that, i think windows is great. I know it has a lot to improve, lot's of cleanups to be made in the kernel. Yes, it is bloated, but any piece of shit chinese hardware you plug in works.

Just my thoughts. Don't take me wrong.

cheers,
ctl3d32
Post 29 Jun 2011, 02:57
edfed

edfed
good quote ctl3d32. i can't use better words to explain what you stated in some words.

just, i can add something:

PC architecture sucks a lot.
the norm is the only way to the PC to be a good cmputer family. but as it is now, the norms are not always followed. there are a lot of HW that should be banned from the PC world, just because it don't use a standard way to program.

the norms and the standards in computer world are as needed as spoken langage in human world.

linux likes to speeak in %#&X, apple likes to speak in $$$$, and microsoft, finally, is the only one who speaks something like human langage.

but i'd just like to have a fork in windows OSes, for dumbass people, continue the way of the (NT) XP/VISTA/7, 8, 9, 10, and for more exigent people, restart the line of the (9x) 95/98/2k line, with fast and clear OS.

win98 needs less than 100MB to install the minimal OS.
Post 29 Jun 2011, 12:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
edfed wrote:
... continue the way of the (NT) XP/VISTA/7, 8, 9, 10, and for more exigent people, restart the line of the (9x) 95/98/2k line ...
I think you mean the 95/98/ME line. The other line is NT/2K/XP/etc.

IMO: XP SP2 is the last good OS from MS.
Post 29 Jun 2011, 13:02
edfed

edfed
revolution wrote:
edfed wrote:
... continue the way of the (NT) XP/VISTA/7, 8, 9, 10, and for more exigent people, restart the line of the (9x) 95/98/2k line ...
I think you mean the 95/98/ME line. The other line is NT/2K/XP/etc.

IMO: XP SP2 is the last good OS from MS.

yeah, i meant that, i am not an expert in the "windows collection"

but i agree with you about XP sp2, it is the better windows ever made, and it is something that miss to the 9x series. something like windows 99 would be very cool.

imagine the very good 98s V86 console combined with the XP drivers... without the systematic updates and bloat...

win98 is the best MSDOS ever made Laughing
Post 29 Jun 2011, 13:14
ctl3d32

ctl3d32
I remember the hell it was to uninstall an app in Win98. Do you remember when it asked you if you wanted to delete DLLs that it said were not being used anymore? Many times i had to format my PC because of missing DLL files error during system startup. Well, ctl3d32.dll was one of them. Smile
Post 29 Jun 2011, 14:12
edfed

edfed
i know it. i have the exact problem under ubuntu/virtual box to install win98, it can't find some dll, but it is win98SE, then, something without the possibility to explore the filesystem to find the desired file during the install process, wich is not the case with win98 first edition, under the first edition, you can explore all the filesystem to find the files.

as a conclusion, when microsoft make new versions of their softwares, it is frequentlly a worse version.

win98SE is completelly broken compared to the first one.

the main problem i meet under win98 is not to install software, but the f**ing bad idea M$ had when they decided to make a new set of funcitons for XP, inducing the impossibility to run new apps under 98. but just note something, everything that XP does, 98 can too, and faster. and without the "new" functions.

i think that 98 is the most minimal OS made, with the more possibilities.

the OS isn't the applications. if some application can do things, the OS don't have anything to control, the os just have to be sure that no application will corrupt the memory and other applications.
Post 29 Jun 2011, 14:17
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
edfed wrote:
... the os just have to be sure that no application will corrupt the memory and other applications ...
... which is something that W98 cannot do (by design, not because of bugs), and thus W98 does not make my list of good OSes.
Post 29 Jun 2011, 14:32
edfed

edfed
yep, win98 is not a good os from the security point of view.

but security is not an intrisinc condition of an OS.

in my opinion, an os is just a way to launch applications, but it is an electronical point of view. exactlly like a resistor combined with a capacitor will do a filter, an application manager combined with application will do an OS.

the OS is just the white paper sheet. the applications are what is writen on the paper.

then, the frenetic new OSes fashion is somthing very bloated, because just to run a simple application, it needs flash, js, html, stdlib, etc... means that the white sheet of paper is still full and applications are just some bad patterns composed with the functions present in the system.

but assembly programming is not a reference in programming, just because it is linked to the CPU, what is unwanted by the modern coding community. they don't want a real CPU, they want a LEGO platform composed of elementary bricks, programmable with the mouse.
Post 29 Jun 2011, 14:41
garystampa

garystampa
Windows biggest problem is trying to be all things to all people.

The world actually needs an Operating System Standard that is followed.

Then it needs numerous companies building industry-specific operating systems.

All operating systems should have the same formats and be able to at least boot code - if only to say it can't offer enough support for the program to run successfully.

Then we can all stop wasting time trying to get a browser-centric OS to perform process control... (for example) Smile
Post 29 Jun 2011, 16:16

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: