flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Zip inside Zip. World Guiness record

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Enko

Enko
Is there a record for having a zip file inside other zip file about 1K times (manually done)?

I know there a record for having 18 tennis balls in hand for 10 seconds.... so for the zip file it shouldn't be so lame xD
Post 14 Jun 2011, 13:37
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Why zip? Why manually? Doesn't make sense.
Post 14 Jun 2011, 13:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
How about this?

Description: How deep is this?
Download
Filename: r.zip
Filesize: 440 Bytes
Downloaded: 104 Time(s)

Post 14 Jun 2011, 14:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Enko

Enko
vid wrote:
Why zip? Why manually? Doesn't make sense.

Does all of the world guiness records make sense for you? Laughing

why zip? well, it could be tar, rar, 7zip or else..
Post 14 Jun 2011, 15:11
Enko

Enko
revolution wrote:
How about this?

You did it manually? how many layers?
no scripting/batching allowed
Post 14 Jun 2011, 15:14
revolution

revolution
Enko wrote:
You did it manually?
Look closer at the file.
Enko wrote:
how many layers?
You tell me.
Enko wrote:
no scripting/batching allowed
Why not? How would you know if I used them or not anyway? By "manual" do you mean with a pencil and paper, or is using a zip program allowed?
Post 14 Jun 2011, 15:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Enko

Enko
Quote:

Look closer at the file.

How close? I can't put my head inside the monitor, my nose dont pass the screan.

Quote:

Why not? How would you know if I used them or not anyway? By "manual" do you mean with a pencil and paper, or is using a zip program allowed?

zip program allowed, but making a lot of clicks. otherwise, i guess it would't enter the guiness.

What I mean, if someone make a zip inside zip for about a 1-3 years 1-3 hourse a day... will it make to the record of guiness?
Post 14 Jun 2011, 15:59
revolution

revolution
Enko wrote:
How close? I can't put my head inside the monitor, my nose dont pass the screan.
Yep, that'll work. Or else try a hex viewer instead.
Enko wrote:
zip program allowed, but making a lot of clicks. otherwise, i guess it would't enter the guiness.

What I mean, if someone make a zip inside zip for about a 1-3 years 1-3 hourse a day... will it make to the record of guiness?
Might do. Some of those Guinness records are really silly so who knows, perhaps. Although proving it was 100% manual could be a problem. How would you prove to the Guinness folk that you didn't use a batch/script file at any point?
Post 14 Jun 2011, 16:10
typedef

typedef
i can enter the guiness book of records by climbing a tree with my ass.

or

putting a 10KB zip file in another 0 KB zip file(if y'all know what i mean)
Post 14 Jun 2011, 16:31
bitshifter

bitshifter
typedef wrote:
i can enter the guiness book of records by climbing a tree with my ass.

Thats the funnyest $h!t i heard in a while. hahaha

Oh, and i think revo's zip is 100 deep Smile

Post 14 Jun 2011, 18:58
revolution

revolution
bitshifter wrote:
Oh, and i think revo's zip is 100 deep Smile
Hmm, are you sure it is only 100?
Post 14 Jun 2011, 19:09
typedef

typedef
I tried clicking my a$$ off to unzip the file
This is how far I got Very Happy

I guess some one can come up with a recursive script to un-zip the file.

Mad

I just entered the Guinness again for having a lot of rs in my windows' directory path.. Yay ! Very Happy
Post 14 Jun 2011, 20:29
edfed

edfed
interresting.

if it is only 440 bytes, it means that it is doable by hand with fasm.

how can it look like in macros?
Post 14 Jun 2011, 20:51
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
typedef wrote:
I tried clicking my a$$ off to unzip the file
This is how far I got Very Happy

I guess some one can come up with a recursive script to un-zip the file.

Mad

I just entered the Guinness again for having a lot of rs in my windows' directory path.. Yay ! Very Happy

You probably won't win Guinness with this, but if you try hard enough, you might win a Darwin award
Post 14 Jun 2011, 21:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
bitshifter

bitshifter
revolution wrote:
Hmm, are you sure it is only 100?

No, im not sure, but WinXP only let me explore that deep.

Post 14 Jun 2011, 21:49
Enko

Enko
C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\test\test\0\1\2\3\4\5\6\7\8\9\10\11\12\13\14\15\16\17\18\19\20\21\22\23\24\25\26\27\28\29\30\31\32\33\34\35\36\37\38\39\40\41\42\43\44\45\46\47\48\49\50\51\52\53\54\55\56\57\58\59\60\61\62\63\64\65\66\67\68

This was the limit directory count I could get with winxp. 74 folders
Quote:

set /a counter=0
:loop
md %counter%
cd %counter%
set /a counter=%counter%+1
if 1 ==1 (goto :loop)
Post 14 Jun 2011, 22:23
edfed

edfed
i don't believe there is an end

Quote:

C:\WINDOWS\Bureau\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\r.zip\r\

and it can continue like it indefinitelly (until there is no more ram).
Post 14 Jun 2011, 23:29
Coty

Coty
Pshh, DOS users...

If you have unix (Linux perferibly) you can run this script file as long as you want! ... Untill you run out of hard disk space anyway....

Code:
#!/bin/bash

folders=0
while :
do
   unzip r.zip
 cd r
        ((folders+=1))
      echo $folders
done

Just name it "run" (No .txt or anything on the end) and place it in your home directory along with r.zip. Then open the terminal and type "bash run" and let the magic begin~

I'm at 2056 on my netbook currently... I say this file never ends as there is no way that many files can fit into 440 bytes...

hey revolution, do you happen to have the code for this little devil of a zip file?
Post 15 Jun 2011, 02:01
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
NTFS limit is actually much greater than MAX_PATH but many programs (including explorer.exe and cmd.exe!) don't use the "\\?\" prefix to extend the maximum length.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365247%28VS.85%29.aspx#maxpath
Post 15 Jun 2011, 02:14
revolution

revolution
Laughing

I thought you guys were clever asm programmers! A simple .zip file is all it takes to throw your intelligence into disarray.

I know you will all work it out eventually but I am laughing to much to want this to end just yet. Just keep extracting those files until you find out how deep the rabbit hole is. Wink
Post 15 Jun 2011, 03:05

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: