flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Serious assembly programming

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you work on some pure assembly project?
Rather big project.
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
Middle to small project.
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
Small, educational programs.
27%
 27%  [ 10 ]
I have some ideas, but no time, knowledge, etc.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 36

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
JohnFound

JohnFound
Do you work on some pure assembly project in this moment? Or you plan to write something in FASM soon.
Please answer the poll and share details if you like.

Last edited by JohnFound on 09 Jun 2011, 11:37; edited 2 times in total
Post 08 Jun 2011, 17:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
JohnFound wrote:
Do you work on some pure assembly project in this moment?
Always.
JohnFound wrote:
Or you plan to write something in FASM soon.
For as far forward as I have planned it is 100% assembly. But my assembly includes fasm, fasmarm and PIC.
Post 08 Jun 2011, 17:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
In this very moment, I am working on two projects - one middle size, closed source project on my work - it is measurement device control program. You know about the second one - Fresh IDE. Smile
Post 08 Jun 2011, 18:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
only one project, very big, covering every domains of computing science.

build an OS is really a verybig project, leading to every parts of software world.

various applications, graphics, file system, os services, etc... but only one project in fact.

an OS (in asm or other) is mainly a set of applications.
Post 08 Jun 2011, 18:28
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

revolution
edfed wrote:
This must be a new meaning of "OS" I was previously unaware of.

IMO: OS != APP(s)
Post 08 Jun 2011, 18:37
Dex4u

Dex4u
Still working on my 100% fasm projects
Including
DexOS 32bit pmode OS.
dos2x 32bit ver of dos.
FAB a 32bit bootable web browser.
Also a ARM port other my OS.
Post 08 Jun 2011, 19:25
neville

neville
revolution wrote:
edfed wrote:

No, it's just your narrow definition of "applications" to include only user apps Razz Next time you're in Christchurch I can show you a collection of more than 50 system apps which together make up the FAMOS operating system!

Post 09 Jun 2011, 01:10
Coty

Coty
I work on rather large projects in ASM, right now I'm building a 32/64bit OS and assembler in pure assembly, I also plan to make tools and be able to develop on my OS with tools I wrote when I am done... using FASM for now Very Happy
Post 09 Jun 2011, 01:29
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
pabloreda

pabloreda
I work on compiler for :r4, not full now because I have other problems, but in progress.. the backend is FASM because is the best assembler, you know !, I have a simple interface with WINE and plan to make the same to DexOS and others SO.

I teach assembly in a private university of my city, I use FASM and OllyDbg with the students.
Post 09 Jun 2011, 02:39
MazeGen

MazeGen
Part of my job includes developing a complex, pure assembler project (~7000 lines of hand written code, keeps growing) because it can't be written in a HLL. In other cases, I see no reason to use assembler language (exceptions are projects for fun, education etc.).
Post 09 Jun 2011, 09:54
BOTOKILLER

BOTOKILLER
Im making my OS in pure FASM - nothing else
Post 09 Jun 2011, 11:22
rocketsoft

rocketsoft
Rasm-immortality project, 14 years of continued development 40,000 lines of code about 10 more years to go
Post 09 Jun 2011, 20:51
cod3b453

cod3b453
My largest use of FASM is my OS project, which, at the very least, is being used for the bootloader and core but the majority of my other FASM applications have been small or simply as an effective way to generate data files.
Post 09 Jun 2011, 20:53
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
I am currently working on two projects:

1. IDE for FASM - including OO features plus all the cool stuff: tooltips, syntax themes, collapsing blocks, etc. Plus a very nice form designer, where code generates straight from control events - like VB.

2. 2nd incarnation of STAR TREK game cloned from PDP-11 FORTRAN-IV.
Post 10 Jun 2011, 14:32
JohnFound

JohnFound
AsmGuru62 wrote:
1. IDE for FASM - including OO features plus all the cool stuff: tooltips, syntax themes, collapsing blocks, etc. Plus a very nice form designer, where code generates straight from control events - like VB.

Do you mean your AsmDev IDE? Is it assembly written?
Post 10 Jun 2011, 16:23
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
The AsmDev is very old (it is C++ on Win32). I work on a new IDE since about 2007. I decided to call it FASM Blocks. I started it a few times. Smile Hoping to finish this time. To code it I use a tool I wrote for FASM - a simple IDE (not complicated). I am planning to release it - it has few small issues, however.
Post 10 Jun 2011, 16:59
edfed

edfed
revolution wrote:
edfed wrote:

IMO: every graphics popups and applications like scandisk, defrag, regedit, format, etc, are what constitute the OS. The OS (win98, linux, dos, etc...) is not only the lib of every single functions and the kernel, but is a set of applications that uses theses functions to let the user play with everything, or the more he can with the ressources of the machine.

it is a way to change the electronic CPU environment in a human controled virtual object or tool. then...

before the os, i strongly believe there is an advantage to dev stand alone applications. and build the os later, with the set of applications, ones there is a good and efficient set of applications.
Post 12 Jun 2011, 12:37
Teehee

Teehee
i've two projects, linked in my sign. But i'm with no mood to work on these days.. Sad

Post 12 Jun 2011, 12:55
edfed

edfed
Quote:
Serious assembly programming

this title have a bug, assembly programming is a lot of things, but can't be serious, you cannot code assembly if you are too much serious in your mind, by serious, i mean something like a pure pragmatic personn, who is very serious you know, that thinks very seriouslly, without fun.

because assembly programming is very fun. then, need a coder that is not so serious, because reinvent the wheel is not a serious thing. it don't generate benefice, it don't try to take a market, it don't want to be sold the best price.
Post 13 Jun 2011, 13:20
revolution

revolution
edfed: Maybe "Hilarious assembly programming"? Wink
Post 13 Jun 2011, 13:23

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: