flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Publicizing your name

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
adroit

adroit
How do you feel about making your name public on the internet or to the rest of the world? Does it make you feel like a target, or does it make you feel known. Personally, I have a problem with it but I want to know how others feel about it. How do you feel about it?

Post 25 Apr 2011, 21:22
edfed

edfed
there are at least 7 mens in france that have the same name as me.
Post 25 Apr 2011, 21:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
neville

neville
edfed wrote:
there are at least 7 mens in france that have the same name as me.
wow. edfed edfed edfed edfed edfed edfed edfed.
And edfed is such an unusual name too Laughing

Post 25 Apr 2011, 23:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
not edfed, but the administrative name, like Tomasz Grysztar is an administrative name, and privalov just a login.

edfed is not my real name of course, and you can know my real name quite easy in fact. i have posted some drawings with it.
Post 25 Apr 2011, 23:30
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
I don't really have anything to protect, so I don't care.

My real life name is: Rickey Bowers Jr. (I am named after my father and have no middle name on my birth certificate. In the past I have used a middle name of Raymond.)

The thing that bothers me is people knowing where I am all the time - GPS updates to the web are a little scary to me. I'd be fine with my family and friends always knowing where I am, but just the general public - that would be a violation of privacy.

Also, I don't do that camera thing. I'm a ugly bastard and people don't need to see a 10 megapixel image of me - not now - not ever. Okay, I'm not that ugly, but you get my point - we aren't dating and I'm not trolling(fishing) so wtf does it matter what I look like.

Basically, people change all the time, so the internet is the past. We must keep this most present when we think of people we see in videos or read blogs of/about. There is so much more to a person than can be recorded.
Post 26 Apr 2011, 02:00

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: