flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > 40 children working at Megatrend for: 0.54 euros/hour

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Tyler

Tyler
Quote:
The parents should probably be scolded for not providing proper education but that is also a different issue.
How can you blame parents for not providing something they have no way to give? It's the governments fault for allowing such a wide gap between poor and not poor in an economic system based on equality. In communism, it is the responsibility of the government to provide education and alternatives to kids having to work to help support their families. You're right that the families probably knew; They probably encouraged it; But, they likely had no choice, in order to provide for their family's most basic needs(food, etc). It was that long ago that we, here in the US, were forced, by extreme poverty, to make our kids work to help keep everyone fed.

Depending on the situation, this very well could be considered slavery. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wage_slavery
Post 30 Mar 2011, 05:52
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
ass0 wrote:
btw the most RED (as chinese leaders said themselves were 'reder' than the extinct USSR) of the COMUNISTS.

I'm Brad Pitt.
Post 30 Mar 2011, 11:24
ass0

ass0
huh?

Post 30 Mar 2011, 11:28
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
ass0 wrote:
huh?

Exactly. What I wrote is as preposterous as what I quoted.
Post 30 Mar 2011, 11:35
ass0

ass0
So you don't believe that huh? Want the original source?
FYI:

CNN Interview:
Oleg Vaskov,
Soviet adviser to China

"Ideological squabbles could get quite comical:
The Soviet side will say: "We are the Marxists!".
And then the Chinese will say: "No!, we are the Marxists!".
The Soviets would say: "We are red!".
And the Chinese would say: "We are even redder!".
It could appear funny but the damage was really serious."

Post 30 Mar 2011, 11:48
tom tobias

tom tobias
revolution wrote:
That is where education comes in. These children cannot possibly be wise enough to think about such things.

In rural USA, in Florida, the children of illegal immigrant farm workers, help their parents pick tomatoes, for a few dollars per hour.....Actually, they are paid by the bucket of tomatoes harvested, rather than by the hour....Such kids are typically 4-10 years of age.

The children go to school if there are no tomatoes to harvest, however, the parents generally move north, in that setting, to Georgia, to pick peaches, then melons, before continuing up to New York, to pick apples, so the children travel with them.

I am not so confident that these children are unwise about economics, I would not wish to bet against their understanding real life economic issues, at least as well as, if not better than, the conventional, suburban high school graduate, i.e. someone ten years their senior.

I have met some of these kids, two decades later, now professional nurses, engineers, and so on.....Of course, most of them remain as farm laborers, now legal, but otherwise performing the same chores, which they have done their entire lives, but, without proper medical facilities, and of course there are no unions, and no government intervention or assistance. Of course, they cannot afford tens of thousands of dollars each year for medical insurance...The situation is not fundamentally different from the 19th century sweatshops, or those in ShenZhen, either...

Shocked
Post 30 Mar 2011, 11:51
ass0

ass0
There, i found some parts of the script and it becomes even funier =D, this time from a BBC documentary:

http://www.tv.com/cold-war/china-1949-1972/episode/1160315/trivia.html

Quote:
Fyodor Mochulski (deputy Soviet ambassador to China): On one occasion during the 1959 trip, Khrushchëv spoke disrespectfully about Mao Tse-tung. He said that Mao was an old boot that ought to be thrown out.
Lev Deluisin (Soviet ambassador to China): They had to translate 'old galosh' and they translated it as 'old boot,' but in Chinese it means both 'old boot' and prostitute. And when Kang Sheng heard those words, he took it that the Great Leader was being called an 'old whore.'

ImageImageImageImage

Post 30 Mar 2011, 11:58
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
No need to quote all that as I was well aware of it. Zhou Enlai's discussions with Nikita Khrushchev were also quite interesting.
What I was talking about is that *you believe they are today* ("China [...] btw the most RED [...] of the COMUNISTS") -- regardless of whether *they said they were* or *they really were* in the past.

China has a State-capitalist economy with a very heavy presence of multinational corporations (e.g. AMI) and Chinese-foreign joint-ventures and intentionally poor labor laws. How very Marxist of them!

Last edited by ManOfSteel on 30 Mar 2011, 17:41; edited 1 time in total
Post 30 Mar 2011, 12:44
edfed

edfed
ManOfSteel, if you are really brad pitt, i want to say to you bravo for your performance in fight club, bravo for your altermondialism and your help in new orleans.

if everybody does as brad pitt, the world would be better.

can you help me to produce something like french south park? i just need a studio, some materials and at least 10 000€ to make the first season.

but i don't see why brad pitt will come here...
Post 30 Mar 2011, 13:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
edfed wrote:
ManOfSteel, if you are really brad pitt

Oh, that was just a silly misunderstanding. The rumor was refuted more than 4 hours ago. Didn't you get the memo?

edfed wrote:
can you help me to produce something like french south park? i just need a studio, some materials and at least 10 000€ to make the first season.

Don't worry. I'll pass the message next time I see him.

edfed wrote:
but i don't see why brad pitt will come here.

Why's that? I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Post 30 Mar 2011, 15:49
shoorick

shoorick
in 2000 i was not a child, but been working for $27 per month here Smile i'm still alive Cool
Post 31 Mar 2011, 05:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: