flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > what is your religion?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

what is your religion?
catholic (protestant, christians, etc...), bible
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
islam, muslim, coran
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
judaism, israel, torah, talmud
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
buddhist, spirituality, life mission, mantras
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
mormon, atlantide.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
technology, science, nobel price
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
socilogy, politics, law
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
anarchy, freedom, no rules
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
no religion at all.
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
typedef



Joined: 25 Jul 2010
Posts: 2913
Location: 0x77760000
typedef
sleepsleep wrote:
one doesn't need religion in order to believe in the God... (or etc name for super almighty power ... infinity)

"whatever name you choose for God" is still valid imo,


That's right, Religion is just a set of rules that a comminity ,can not must, follow.

A person is not obligated to be involved in a religion or be religious, it is your faith that makes you believe more in what you believe in.

However religion is also where you learn and teach each other. But you can still be a person without religion. Wink
Post 23 Mar 2011, 18:49
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
asmhack



Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 431
asmhack
typedef wrote:
it is your faith that makes you believe more in what you believe in.


wiki wrote:
Some rationalists criticize religious faith arguing its irrationality, and see faith as ignorance of reality: a strong belief in something with no evidence and sometimes a strong belief in something even with evidence against it. Bertrand Russell noted, "Where there is evidence, no one speaks of 'faith'. We do not speak of faith that two and two are four or that the earth is round. We only speak of faith when we wish to substitute emotion for evidence."
Many Jews, Christians and Muslims claim that there is adequate historical evidence of their God's existence and interaction with humans. As such, they may believe that there is no need for "faith" in God in the sense of belief against or despite evidence; rather, they hold that evidence is sufficient to demonstrate that their God probably exists or certainly exists.


Think logically, don't let fear generate faith.
Just for the record.
Post 23 Mar 2011, 19:54
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tyler



Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 1216
Location: NC, USA
Tyler
asmhack wrote:
wiki wrote:
Some rationalists criticize religious faith arguing its irrationality, and see faith as ignorance of reality: a strong belief in something with no evidence and sometimes a strong belief in something even with evidence against it. Bertrand Russell noted, "Where there is evidence, no one speaks of 'faith'. We do not speak of faith that two and two are four or that the earth is round. We only speak of faith when we wish to substitute emotion for evidence."
Many Jews, Christians and Muslims claim that there is adequate historical evidence of their God's existence and interaction with humans. As such, they may believe that there is no need for "faith" in God in the sense of belief against or despite evidence; rather, they hold that evidence is sufficient to demonstrate that their God probably exists or certainly exists.


Think logically, don't let fear generate faith.
Just for the record.

Why? Religion can be comforting, and therefore therapeutic. Even if it is BS, if it comforts your fears, what reason is there not to believe it?
Post 23 Mar 2011, 20:16
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
asmhack



Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 431
asmhack
The fact that religions through the whole history disgraced humanity isn't enough ?

edit: At least I consider buddhism as philosophy, not as religion.. and imho there is a big difference between that two things..... Wink


Last edited by asmhack on 23 Mar 2011, 20:36; edited 1 time in total
Post 23 Mar 2011, 20:30
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tyler



Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 1216
Location: NC, USA
Tyler
asmhack wrote:
The fact that religions through the whole history disgraced humanity isn't enough ?
How was religion to blame? Humans are the way they are by nature, religion does make a nice excuse, though.
Post 23 Mar 2011, 20:34
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development


Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Posts: 7105
Location: Slovakia
vid
What is my religion? Most likely the one most prevalent in area where I live (has nothing to do with religion being right or not). Razz
Post 24 Mar 2011, 00:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Tyler



Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 1216
Location: NC, USA
Tyler
vid wrote:
What is my religion? Most likely the one most prevalent in area where I live (has nothing to do with religion being right or not). Razz
That seems to be the trend. Some do change, though. I was raised Baptist(most extreme Protestant sect short of radicalism), but I got tired of all the "do this, you go to hell"(which is the motif of Baptism and most of the more extreme Protestants) so I don't really follow it that much anymore. Baptism and Methodism are the predominant religions here, yet I voted agnostic.
Post 24 Mar 2011, 00:38
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar.

Powered by rwasa.