flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > what is your religion?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

what is your religion?
catholic (protestant, christians, etc...), bible
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
islam, muslim, coran
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
judaism, israel, torah, talmud
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
buddhist, spirituality, life mission, mantras
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
mormon, atlantide.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
technology, science, nobel price
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
socilogy, politics, law
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
anarchy, freedom, no rules
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
no religion at all.
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
edfed

edfed
hey!

as it is an elitist international place (yep, asm is something like elitist coding langage), it is time to give up the differences between us, by declare them as simple datas.

for example:
i am french, have origins in catholics and jewish (like everybody here), and believe in buddhist philosophy for it's spiritual reseach of being better each day, and i am most an anarchic personn, because i stronglly believe the freedom is the answer. even the freedom to die, or the freedom to live like an animal.
then, what is my religion?

i answer:
my religion is life. i don't believe in the god they try to impose with their bibles torah coran.
but i strongly believe god is something that exist. something like we exist over machines, god exists over us.

and you, what is your real religion in this time of troubles?
what kind of god do you believe?
Post 16 Mar 2011, 19:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
As long as "religion" means to believe to some "truth" without proof - I answered "no religion". I am an atheist and I don't believe in any god(s).
And I hope, there are not so much people that "believe in science" - because then science will not be science anymore.
Post 16 Mar 2011, 20:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Overflowz

Overflowz
Christian, Orthodox. Like everyone here. (: I'm not gonna to discuss this theme. I just believe and that's all.

Last edited by Overflowz on 30 Oct 2011, 14:22; edited 1 time in total
Post 16 Mar 2011, 20:18
Coty

Coty
Actually, my religion isn't there, Its like Christian, only unlike catholics and others, I don't follow rules that preachers make up, and I don't listen to what they think the bible means when it says something, because then the next day that same verse is discussed and they say it meens something else. Then preachers think that there Gods special servants and that they should tell us what we should do is just bull shit.

No, I am not a normal 'christan', I have simply believe in the same God, and have the same Bible.
Post 16 Mar 2011, 20:51
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
ctl3d32

ctl3d32
I just have one thing to say: Religion(any) destroy's faith. I believe in God and in the fact that there is nothing between me and Him, and that no one can speak in His name.
Post 16 Mar 2011, 21:46
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i believe the "anonymous" that created this whole universe thingy, all those galaxies, those awesome default rules how all things works and run.

"anonymous" never said anything (so, bibles, quran, torah etc for me are from human, human mouth),

"anonymous" just show everything through everything that we all could see, hear, feel, taste, smell in nature.

and nobody know "anonymous".

i seek truth for years, and above are my conclusion.
Post 16 Mar 2011, 21:58
MHajduk

MHajduk
The longer I live, the more I realize how important and true is the well known phrase "live and let live". Don't ask the people about their past and beliefs (left them some space for self-image improvement Wink), just live your life.

As I mentioned it many times here, I'm a non-believer, but, in fact, I don't like such categorizations and consider discussions on such themes pointless. Razz
Post 17 Mar 2011, 00:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
it is pointless if nobody care about.

but in reality... beliefs and opinions are really the main vector of human actions.

without all these categories of peoples and beliefs, the world would be very different as what it is now. then, i consider the question as an interresting question, and the answers are more interresting, it shows that it takes some place in every brains. even those who "don't care" have an opinion on this question... Very Happy
Post 17 Mar 2011, 01:15
roboman

roboman
I think it's more likely then not that there is a god. I don't have any strong feelings about what god wants and haven't seen any thing that indicates any group is the chosen group.
Post 17 Mar 2011, 02:27
Tyler

Tyler
roboman wrote:
I think it's more likely then not that there is a god. I don't have any strong feelings about what god wants and haven't seen any thing that indicates any group is the chosen group.
Similar here. I believe the philosophical concept of an unmoved mover best describes or explains my logic.
Post 17 Mar 2011, 03:11
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Post 17 Mar 2011, 03:32
Tyler

Tyler
bitRAKE wrote:
http://www.theinvisiblepinkunicorn.com/index.htm
My response: Pastafarianism.
Post 17 Mar 2011, 04:31
John Spera

John Spera
In my view, religion can help those who are not self empowered.

A spiritual person like myself is an energy worker. I find that religions are created by those who wish to teach there perceptions of reality to others. It seems to me that all spiritual teachers, those that do not create religions, have the best insights on our greater reality. As a result, I strive to model their "way of being" and not those who administrate a religion. They seem to just want power over others.

For an expanded view of my ideas on this subject, check out my web site.
http://www.telepathyacademy.com/

The focus may be on the subject of telepathy, just a tool for self empowerment, however the primary view is that we are all, every human person, much more that we are able to appreciate.

John
Post 17 Mar 2011, 17:22
Tyler

Tyler
John Spera wrote:

The focus may be on the subject of telepathy, just a tool for self empowerment, however the primary view is that we are all, every human person, much more that we are able to appreciate.

What about inhuman people? Razz
Post 17 Mar 2011, 20:12
John Spera

John Spera
Tyler wrote:
John Spera wrote:

What about inhuman people? Razz

Yes the perception is that some people are inhuman. This may not be the place to present a different view of that.

John
Post 17 Mar 2011, 20:52
asmhack

asmhack
My religion is improving myself.
Post 17 Mar 2011, 21:54
ass0

ass0
Tyler wrote:
bitRAKE wrote:
http://www.theinvisiblepinkunicorn.com/index.htm
My response: Pastafarianism.

xD

Post 18 Mar 2011, 10:13
edfed

edfed
Post 18 Mar 2011, 11:25
matefkr

matefkr
science is based on axioms, and most of the time, on previous discoveries- wich both are literaly faith, tough some are readily verifiable (at least wich i wanted to verify i could so far, but thats not much tough). Most of the axioms are such artifacts of human thinking, that it is widely acceptable. All of you can accept that what is a line or a point, or that two things can be in some kind of relation to eachother (like you accept that there could be a relation between two things wich follow eachother, like if you do A to a B person, Z is going to happen).
Post 23 Mar 2011, 13:36
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
one doesn't need religion in order to believe in the God... (or etc name for super almighty power ... infinity)

"whatever name you choose for God" is still valid imo,
Post 23 Mar 2011, 17:38

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: