flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > ending aging

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
matefkr

matefkr
check this out: sens.org . You can also search on youtube about Aubrey de Gray, for some intresting quick informations on the matter.

Some words on it: altough it lists 7 causes of aging, it in reality might not be like 7 equal parts to solve.

as far as i can tell, the key part to solve is making stem cell therapies efficient to the level, where it could provideopenended youth. tough, for some serious brain conditions, it is quite evident that by using stem cell therapy, a lot of new nervcell replacements would be needed in a short period of time, so there is a great potential, that the new fresser brain would be very differently wired, so the old personality would change drastically (also, there might be some areas, where the wiring of nerve cells is even more crusial).

Nerve cells are non dividing cells as far as i know, so their telomers wont shorten with time (altho tthere are some glial cells in the brain, wich give rise to new neurons, hence they divide).
If a cell doesn't divide it has a greater risk of accumulating undigestable intercellular junk in its lyposome, making its function less effiient.

it is said, that mitocondrial mutation, is quite frequent wich leads to some cells with some mitocondrial genes being delted, causing the mitocondrion to become inoperational. This is hypothesized to be caused by the high reagent oxigen species present in the mitocondrion.
apparently, there must be some kind of cells, wich is protected against it, otherwise humanity would die out pretty quickly.

so with stem cell research, one important goal, is to brew stem cells cheaply in masses. So at some point the stem cells must have active enzimes to lengthen their telomers, and they must escape mitocondrial mutations. after that, people have to learn how to turn them into different cells. so there are a lot of things to do.

with stem cells, most of the cells of the body could be replaced with completly fresh ones. for examle, they could make it so, that they make cells suicide (there are sucide signals; most of them are used to kill exess amount of dividing cells; or in development, to develop fingers for example); then they inject stemcells, wich will some way get turned into tissue. now here, there is two obvious thing also needed: endocitosis of junk left behind by dead cells, digestion, or disposition of such junk.

But for the brain, it is a must to get intracellular junk out of the lyposomes and dispose of it, or do it as they describe (gene manipulation so, a new gene would be added, wich would create enzime, wich would digest undigestable). But i guess the disposition method might be actually better(since the junk might be to hard to digest, but if there is some tough enzime, you have to activate it only if you find junk, or otherwise, it could do harm to the soft things too; or if not that they might be compatible with other substrates, so they could accelerate their interconversion as well(lot of things to check)).

So its complicated stuff, although they list quite good ideas.

P S
Even if they are lying about some progress, i think it would be good to concentrate on it more, cince certain death is at some points a pressure on some people, and pressure make unhappiness. Also, open ended youth would eliminate the huge time and effort required to train next generations of humans.
Sorry about any grammatical mistakes or inconveniences.
Post 17 Feb 2011, 12:52
John Spera

John Spera
Hi,

I see that this thread is over 3 years old. However the subject content is of great interest to me.

I have studied about long life and physical well being. It is complicated, however I have undertaken a series of exercises that could lead to life extension.

BTW I never expected to find this topic at our forum here. Still if there are member's interested in this topic, I have some ideas that may be insightful.

Thanks,
John
Post 17 Feb 2011, 16:15
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
John Spera wrote:
I see that this thread is over 3 years old.
This thread is only just over 3 hours old!
Post 17 Feb 2011, 16:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
asmhack

asmhack
John Spera wrote:
BTW I never expected to find this topic at our forum here. Still if there are member's interested in this topic, I have some ideas that may be insightful.

Reading is always insightful.
Post 17 Feb 2011, 16:17
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
John Spera wrote:

Still if there are member's interested in this topic, I have some ideas that may be insightful.

love to hear from you regarding those ideas...
Post 17 Feb 2011, 17:42
John Spera

John Spera
sleepsleep wrote:
John Spera wrote:

Still if there are member's interested in this topic, I have some ideas that may be insightful.

love to hear from you regarding those ideas...

My studies involve books and channeled information. Kryon channeled through Lee Carroll has 12 books that are essentially on this subject. The last book has an entire focus on it.
https://www.kryon.com/k_66.html

I have been doing two daily exercises that incorporate principals from two other channeled books for quite a few years. We learn best from our actual practices. That and the art of mindful thinking, most of what kills our population is negative thinking, so I see this as the key.

So briefly those are my ideas.

John
Post 17 Feb 2011, 18:06
guignol

guignol
John Spera
Never thought Moscow or Paris were exotic places. Very Happy

Though Geneva might seem a lil bit exotic: it's like Jerusalem,.. but in the mountains! Laughing
Post 17 Feb 2011, 19:11
matefkr

matefkr
the suggested site is not about esoterical hypothesis.

im not saying that esoterical hypothesis are bad, altough in my life i haven't come across one wich was verifiable, also, they didn't fit some verified things. Regarding scientific things, they were also not verified but they seem to fit better in a couple of cases. I don't think that is it useless to create theories about hardly verifiable things, however, i say, that regarding some information such as those on the site i mentioned and some other from various books about biology, it seems that youthfull longevity is within reach, and anyone who is able should try to make the process faster.

Here is some diy bio stuff, i haven't got the time yet to look it through (maybe in the summer i will have some more time). (i don't have much money now anyways), tough i tought that i should share it:

http://biohack.sourceforge.net/

there is the downloadable file, i suggest you to download it till you can (in case you are interested).
Post 17 Feb 2011, 19:42
Artlav

Artlav
So, regenerate nerve cells?
Anyone here made ANNs? What would happen if you reset some of the neurons in it?

I would guess anything from incapacitation to memory loss to total amnesia would follow any attempts to allow nerve cells to divide again.

What is that all for?
Reduce suffering for older people?
Or life extension?
Post 18 Feb 2011, 11:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
matefkr

matefkr
regenerating nervous tissue would be by breeeding stem cells outside of the body, then after we have enough, their division must be stoped, then we implant it into the tissue and tell them to differentiat into desired cells of this tissue. however, it doesn't imply that the wiring of the previous nerveus systm is fully conserved, however, neither those ill conditions leave it intact.

The site i mentioned is about life extension, but all the things required for it have wide range of medical applications.

For example, better stem cell manipulation and breeding will enable people to treat most of the diseases more easily, also, altough we have limited methods in genetic manipulation (so out of a cell group only some take up the desired gene in a desired way), with better stem cell breeding, we could easily select the stem cells wich took up the new gene, then we would only breed those that are usefull, untill we reach an amount wich is sufficient for treatment. actually this way, with some treatments we will be able to cure genetical diseases, not just treat them. so once it is advanced enough, "natural" death (senesence) will not be a limit of human life (but don't worry, limits will still exist).
Post 18 Feb 2011, 12:06
bogdanontanu

bogdanontanu
One should study crocodiles... because they never age or die of old age Wink
Post 18 Feb 2011, 18:59
John Spera

John Spera
Interesting about those crocodiles. Is there some reason we do not study them to learn about that?
Post 18 Feb 2011, 19:32
matefkr

matefkr
I agree, it can be usefull to uncover other species secrets as well, in a couple of cases, intresting things have been found (or rather, unique). There was a nametode for example, wich import all of its mitocondrial trna "from" nuclear DNA. Tweaking this trna import mechanism enabled to import other rna into the mitocondrion, "namely" backup copies of mitocondrial genes' rna-s transcribed of nuclear dna.
xenopus "egg"-s used for gene product analisys, couse it realy faithfully and "willingly" trancribe forreign dna.
fruit fly of course, was and is quit usefull for its fast breeding.

Well, im not realy able to list much : P, but i feel there are a lot of work to do. it would be cool if more people would be able to do scientific research. automatizing/optimalizing secure-izing society is also usefull.
Post 18 Feb 2011, 19:39
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
maybe this is relevant.

"Can we live forever?" from Through the Wormhole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezylo-e8Zdc
Post 08 Oct 2012, 06:14
kalambong

kalambong
Why does anyone want to live forever?
Post 08 Oct 2012, 09:59
revolution

revolution
kalambong wrote:
Why does anyone want to live forever?
Because people are selfish and think they are perfect and thus justified in halting the evolutionary process. But what they fail to realise is that conditions change and living forever will turn them into a dinosaur that nobody will respect.

Last edited by revolution on 08 Oct 2012, 13:10; edited 1 time in total
Post 08 Oct 2012, 10:08
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
Well, every few decades a forever living person should change identities -- that
would solve the dinosaur issue ("Highlander" the TV series).
Smile
Post 08 Oct 2012, 12:36
revolution

revolution
AsmGuru62 wrote:
Well, every few decades a forever living person should change identities -- that
would solve the dinosaur issue ("Highlander" the TV series).
Smile
Not quite what I meant. In 10,000 years time such a person would be falling behind on an intellectual level. In 100,000 years they would probably appears as a sub-human species sufficiently different from the "normal" people they they would be considered a freak (and probably be equivalent to a moron compared to others). In 1M years time there would be such a huge difference that it could be compared to how we think of a dog today, easily fooled with simple tricks and not intelligent enough to have meaningful "human" dialogue with.
Post 08 Oct 2012, 13:16
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
why people so eager to wake up on their matrix seat? Smile
Post 08 Oct 2012, 15:52
hopcode

hopcode
revolution wrote:
In 10,000 years time such a person would be falling behind on an intellectual level. In 100,000 years they would probably appears as a sub-human species sufficiently different from the "normal" people they they would be considered a freak (and probably be equivalent to a moron compared to others). In 1M years time there would be such a huge difference that it could be compared to how we think of a dog today, easily fooled with simple tricks and not intelligent enough to have meaningful "human" dialogue with.

empirical but in some way detectble. because the social intelligence is a complex mix of different factors. it is not the simple sum of more individual intelligence. ergo, as the saying goes:
Those who lie down with dogs get fleas
open the doors of perceptions Question

Cheers.

Post 08 Oct 2012, 16:05

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: