flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > ReadFile cdrom

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
b1528932

b1528932
When i call ReadFile on cdrom with data, it works fine. When i use it on cd containig audion, it doesnt fail but read 0 bytes. I used many sector sizes cdrom can ba, and only 4048 isnt returning GLA 87.

Why ReadFile fail to read data from audio cd? How data on audioncd is diffrent, preventing the read of it? I would understand if what i read it without order, but why i actually CANT read it?
Post 03 Feb 2011, 18:51
asmhack

asmhack
All you need is a file system driver that will allow you to access audio cd tracks as regular files.
Post 04 Feb 2011, 11:54
b1528932

b1528932
so accessing (any means) data cd and audio cd is no diffrent? I can read sectors exactly same manner?

For example, i would like to create perfect copy (withoud cdrom processing ecc) of cd, there is no diffrence between audio and data cd? Just store sector by sector and i get file size equal to capacidy of cd rom/dvd rom?
Post 04 Feb 2011, 14:47
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
b1528932 wrote:
so accessing (any means) data cd and audio cd is no diffrent? I can read sectors exactly same manner?

For example, i would like to create perfect copy (withoud cdrom processing ecc) of cd, there is no diffrence between audio and data cd? Just store sector by sector and i get file size equal to capacidy of cd rom/dvd rom?
There are many existing programs out that that can do this. Google is your friend if you want to find one. But perfect copies may not be possible in all situations. Some CDs are 800MB and cannot be written to a 700MB writable. Also some CDs have "special" sectors that are deliberately faulty, you won't be able to easily recreate those with standard commercial equipment.
Post 04 Feb 2011, 14:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mindcooler

mindcooler

Post 05 Feb 2011, 09:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: