flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > that I want to learn English well

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DarkAlchemist

DarkAlchemist
JohnFound wrote:
...In my impression the most of USA and UK assembly programmers use MASM or NASM.
I wonder why that is?
Post 27 Dec 2010, 06:14
JohnFound

JohnFound
DarkAlchemist wrote:
JohnFound wrote:
...In my impression the most of USA and UK assembly programmers use MASM or NASM.
I wonder why that is?

Well, well, deep off-topic. The answer is complex and probably there in no single reason. I will try to analyse them in a separate topic.
Post 27 Dec 2010, 08:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
DarkAlchemist

DarkAlchemist
JohnFound wrote:
DarkAlchemist wrote:
JohnFound wrote:
I wonder why that is?

Well, well, deep off-topic. The answer is complex and probably there in no single reason. I will try to analyse them in a separate topic.
Yes, as I would love to hear why this is.

I am from the USA and I use FASM because it fits more with what I think ASM should be and more to how I used to write ASM back in the 80's and 90's. There were no macros and none of this "lets mimic C/C++" nonsense like the others try to do. I know FASM uses macros but I hardly touch them (if I can help it that is) because I prefer to learn the real way of doing things (hello, that is why I am in ASM in the first place) and not the way someone else figures I should via a macro. Goes even deeper for me but I honestly would love to hear why it never really caught on in the USA.

I hardly write on this forum due to the language barrier and mostly due to a cultural difference (the cultural difference is big as what I find funny you might not or even be offended or vice versa).

Somehow we have to break a few USA heads to get this more widely accepted over here.
Post 27 Dec 2010, 17:30
MinhHung

MinhHung
DarkAlchemist:
Quote:

I hardly write on this forum due to the language barrier and mostly due to a cultural difference (the cultural difference is big as what I find funny you might not or even be offended or vice versa).

I agree with that, I visit this site three years ago, until now I have register and post actual writing
I am really afraid to write an article, how stupid it is when you reading.

I can understand you but don't know say how
Post 28 Dec 2010, 03:18
DarkAlchemist

DarkAlchemist
Yes, it would be like me having Google translator or Babelfish up then trying to translate what I say into your native language. It would, for a lack of a better word, look retarded though it goes even deeper than that.

This whole world will never be a global happy village because there are cultural differences and those will, hopefully, never go away.

So, as I said, I shy away from posting due to many circumstances and sometimes I really need help with something. After I read a few threads I started to fear this was mostly a Euro/Asian forum then this thread confirmed it. This may actually make me go to MASM or NASM even though I don't like them as much because at least there I can crack a joke that others will catch the reference (i.e. a joke about something that was on TV the prior night interspersed with the coding question) I make or vice versa.
Post 28 Dec 2010, 16:34
MHajduk

MHajduk
Dear DarkAlchemist,

I have to admit that your last post surprised me a bit because is unnecessarily pessimistic and "dark" (pun intended Razz). There is no need to afraid of the cultural diversity which is kept within reasonable limits. This forum isn't only Euro-Asian, quite opposite - it's a place for everyone who is interested in FASM programming or, simply, for all those who want to talk on various unrelated topics (in Heap Wink ).

Here, on this forum, you may find an answer to (almost) every ASM-related question. Such people from the FASM "Olympus" as Tomasz, revolution, bitRAKE, LocoDelAssembly, vid, JohnFound and many others will give you professional advices in a very kind way. Moreover, their written English is perfect, in my humble opinion, even if for some of them it isn't a native language, so I really see no reason to be frustrated. Wink

With kindest personal regards,
M. Hajduk
Post 28 Dec 2010, 17:23
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
farrier

farrier
As a full time English (U.S.) speaker and part time Spanglish speaker--from involvement in construction and agriculture here in the southern USA--I find the support and contributions from so many diverse people of this community amazing. Some struggle with sentence construction, but it is rare that the point does not come across. I regret the great loss I/we suffer here because there must be so many who don't/can't/won't speak English and therefore aren't members or contributors here. There's no telling what we're missing. Although I imagine that members here contribute in forums in other languages and bring that knowledge here. I hope so.

For me, it's like a gift every time I come to this forum. Thanks to all!

farrier

PS I also speak RedNeck, being from the southern US! Very Happy

... the right of the people peaceably to assemble, ...
The code is dark, and full of errors!
Post 29 Dec 2010, 17:48
MHajduk

MHajduk
farrier

I'm glad we share similar points of view on that matter. Very Happy
Post 29 Dec 2010, 20:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: