flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > this is my idea of real cloud,gonna b fortune man of da year

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
let me share my idea of this real cloud, it is possible, just some how i thought about it and i think it is great if it could be reality.

the real cloud would use a modified bittorrent technology that able to add files or delete files to bittorrent client.

so, the user & software no need torrent files, they just need to be part of the grand torrent cloud.

since people who use torrent usually on their PC 24 hours, uploading & downloading, so, by participating this torrent cloud, each pc with a login id is eligible for 1 torrent domain.

tp = torrent protocol
tp:microsoft
tp:fasmboard

torrent domain = a NEW INTERNET that TOTALLY OPEN, where every PC is hosting every people files...

so we need several (aka our torrent dns server) to based on geoip, then let the client torrent HTTP(or TP) browser. to locate the files/resource from their nearest client torrent.

once they got the files, they will be tag then is available for upload for others.

all this will use a modified bittorrent technology.

we will need something like indexer, that only store hash and place where this hashed item could be found.

.... 5:19 AM here,,, i guess i think too much...
Post 17 Dec 2010, 21:21
Coty

Coty
sleepsleep wrote:
torrent domain = a NEW INTERNET that TOTALLY OPEN, where every PC is hosting every people files...

Would this mean all my files would be in your cloud? Adress books? Private Docs? those rants that I type out in text files? ect. I'm sorry, I am not ready to let someone I don't even know look at my personal things.

closed source projects would no longer be closed, I like this, but, I think if you write the code you should decide what happens with it, so it goes against one of my few personal morals.

EDIT: clouds suck, I like sunny days Very Happy
Post 17 Dec 2010, 21:52
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Excellent idea! I have thought the same before.

Personal files would be secure.

Every resource on the web would have a unique ID, so web sites could use the same graphics, sound, scripts, etc. without the added bandwidth. Even custom graphics could start from a common base file - allowing a small delta to be transfered.

Every computer would maintain a hash database and run / forward queries for guests. (Of course, completely configurable without sharing the identity of guests.)
Post 18 Dec 2010, 01:45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: