flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > how to take photos that as real as what we see?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i find it hard,,,but maybe u know there exists any method to snap photos that resemble as what u seen?

hmm,,let say a night scene with little light?
Post 27 Nov 2010, 19:21
Enko

Enko
sleepsleep wrote:
i find it hard,,,but maybe u know there exists any method to snap photos that resemble as what u seen?

Use some app like gimp or photoshop and adjust the light of the picture as how you remember it Wink
Post 27 Nov 2010, 20:20
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:

You can't. It is not possible with current technology. And most probably not ever going to be possible.

The main reason is that your eyes and your brain play tricks on you. What your eye sees and how the brain interprets that are not well defined.

When you take a photo with a camera you are forced to fix the depth of field to some value, but the eye has no such constraint. As you examine a scene with your own eyes the exposure aperture, focus and depth of field will vary to match what you are seeing. No static photo can ever match that.
Post 27 Nov 2010, 20:45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
sleepsleep wrote:
You may be interested in HDRI techniques.

A wonderful demonstration of HDR combined with timelapse: http://vimeo.com/16198274
dustin farrell wrote:
I got into HDR timelapse because of my desire to reproduce the dynamic range of the human eye in a video clip. RED's HDRx technology is very exciting. 2:53 is my best HDR example because that is the way I viewed the scene in person.
Post 27 Nov 2010, 20:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
I've always had difficulty with blues. The iridescent colors of flowers and bugs - almost glowing. Yet, camera captures something washed out. Might be limitation of display devices, or the tricks of my eyes.

That's an awesome video Tomasz!
Post 28 Nov 2010, 01:26
edfed

edfed
our eyes don't see everything.

in fact, we have only a small circle where the vision is neat.
the rest is blur, and we use our memory to "see" it with full details and colors.

then, for a very good photo, you should take a 180° view, and make it high resolution.

for the shadows and lights, the contracts are close to 20 000, then, 24bpp is out.

the future encoding for pixels should be 64 bits.
16 bis per components, including an alpha channel.

resolution should be about 100 pixels per millimeter for a direct eye view, on a big circular screen.

then, i let you imagine how to do a "as eye see" picture.
Post 28 Nov 2010, 02:05

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: