flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Motorola 6809

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Yardman

Yardman
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by Yardman on 04 Apr 2012, 03:54; edited 1 time in total
Post 28 Oct 2010, 00:43
guignol

guignol
Do you really think anyone here wastes their time reading Jerkipedia, mann?
Post 28 Oct 2010, 02:34
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_6809
Quote:
...the 6809 was rather quickly an evolutionary dead-end.

...the 6809 design focused heavily on support of position-independent, reentrant code that could be freely located anywhere in the memory map.
Indeed an interesting design!

Programmed on the CoCo, but only in BASIC, in 1982 at eight years old. Although, I did discover a buffer overflow bug to break the password protection (*insert angry father here*). Wink
Post 28 Oct 2010, 03:28
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
bitRAKE wrote:
... in 1982 at eight years old
That makes you 36 years old by now. You're much younger than I thought! Wink
Post 28 Oct 2010, 04:28
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
guignol

guignol
OS-9/non-68000 supports POSIX threads. A single process can start any number of threads. This rivalry went far enough that the OS-9 version 2.4 manual had this entry describing UNIX in the Glossary of Appendix C of "Using Professional OS-9":
UNIX wrote:
An operating system similar to OS-9, but with less functionality and special features designed to soak up excess memory, disk space and CPU time on large, expensive computers.
This entry was removed in the version 3.0 manual.

Very Happy
Post 28 Oct 2010, 06:12
rugxulo

rugxulo
Uncyclopedia has some funny articles, but this one was a little too dry/boring for me.

BTW, the arcade game I, Robot used a 6809. Too bad you can't (legally) get I, Robot anywhere. Sad
Post 30 Oct 2010, 22:39
Yardman

Yardman
[ Post removed by author. ]

Last edited by Yardman on 04 Apr 2012, 03:54; edited 1 time in total
Post 30 Oct 2010, 22:54
rugxulo

rugxulo
Yardman wrote:

Do you ever use MAME to (legally) play that game?

How can you legally play it when nobody sells it?? U.S. Copyright lasts until 70 years after the author's death (hopefully not for a long time, hi Dave!).

To be honest, I did grab it with my promotional "free tokens" at StarROMs (legal-ish) back iin 2003 or so, and it's still on an old backup CD-R I made (when I reformatted that old P4). I paid real money for A.P.B. and Gauntlet (but nowadays I only play those on Midway Arcade Treasures 2 on XBox 1).

The problem, besides the fact that StarROMs is dead, is that they had to yank a bunch of ROMs due to accidental copyright confusion. (Atari Games was bought out by Midway, and they were the post-1984 arcade division, a separate company. Yet confusingly I, Robot was also yanked, even though it was dated 1983 Atari. Infogrames bought Atari years ago from Hasbro. They've made a few compilations, still have one for DS coming soon even, but no I, Robot.) Since it's legally murky and I didn't pay real money, I don't touch it anymore.

It's just frustrating that I, Robot has no ports to home consoles and isn't sold and the real hardware [as if, probably too rich for my blood] is flaky and old and hard to find anyways. (Even the Lynx [1989, 1991] is getting old, no wonder my used one bought in 2004 died in 2006, heh.)

Bah, I need to just email Jeff Vavasour (compilation dude extraordinaire) to see what he knows. Feels pointless but whatever. Yeah, probably not worth my time.

It's just sad that we have powerful home computers and the Internet and yet companies still can't get it together to sell their stuff (even without nickel and diming us, ugh).

P.S. I think Nicola Salmaria has worked on some compilations, e.g. Taito Legends for XBox 1, which I also have. So the MAME team has done well (e.g. Hanaho joystick, though another game not included [anymore] is Willow, dang it, why?? You can't get it elsewhere, the NES version isn't comparable at all. Stupid. Who knows, maybe that Time Warner online-requires-broadband bullcrap has those, but I highly doubt it.)
Post 31 Oct 2010, 00:24
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Yardman wrote:
Er, to be young and smart! Probably rich too.
My present net worth is < $5K USD, and rarely has it been greater. I've always been better at making other people rich. For example, at the age of 19, I advised an employer to buy Pixar stock as soon as it came to market -- this was in 1992! I don't own a car or any property. Most type-A people would classify me as a loser.

Post 31 Oct 2010, 12:17
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
bitRAKE wrote:
Most type-A people would classify me as a loser.
I'm not sure what a type-A person is but the only people I would classify as losers are people that are lazy, complain they are disadvantaged and expect others to give them everything for free. You don't strike me as one of those people.
Post 31 Oct 2010, 13:55
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Thank you, revolution. My comment was mainly with regard to a monetary pseudo-metric. My richness is of other dynamics.
Post 31 Oct 2010, 14:16
YONG

YONG
bitRAKE wrote:
My present net worth is < $5K USD ... I don't own a car or any property. Most type-A people would classify me as a loser.
Everything you said applies to me, too! Wink
Post 01 Nov 2010, 04:13
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
... the only people I would classify as losers are people that are lazy, complain they are disadvantaged and expect others to give them everything for free.
The only people I would classify as losers are those who retell their old jokes again and again, like this! Twisted Evil Wink
Post 01 Nov 2010, 04:18
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
YONG wrote:
The only people I would classify as losers are those who retell their old jokes again and again, like this! Twisted Evil Wink
And maybe this also? Razz
Post 01 Nov 2010, 05:41

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: