flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > bp oil well spill

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
the effects are so enormous,
affects almost everyone of us in long run.

possibly trigger tsunami, more volcanoes and so on.
Post 01 Jul 2010, 00:27
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
possibly trigger tsunami, more volcanoes and so on.
Erm ... how does oil trigger tsunamis and volcanoes? Confused
Post 01 Jul 2010, 01:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ass0

ass0
Neptune gets mad; don't mess with Neptune!!

Post 01 Jul 2010, 01:52
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Post 01 Jul 2010, 04:11
ass0

ass0
Oh, those apocaliptic .org sites are always in that biblical mood.

Post 01 Jul 2010, 04:27
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Is the explosion supposed to occur under the sea level?
Post 01 Jul 2010, 04:55
revolution

revolution
OMG, everybody run for the hills ... oh wait, that won't help if it is a volcano, everybody run for the beaches ... oh wait, that won't help if it is a tsunami. OMG we're doomed!

Fearmongering always seems to make good news. Pity it is all nonsense though.
Post 01 Jul 2010, 06:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
in facts, peopple getting crazy with apocalyptic theory forget somethings:

oil is a very lucrative business build around a motor that everybody uses instead of walk.
it is more easy to speculate on apocalypse than to fight oil lobbies (and all adjacent lobbies).

i am convinced the (so dumb) population is ready to believe in apocalypse and conspirations, but they can't believe they are dumb sheeps, ready to work a full life for a system that will eat them until they die.

two parts are needed in slavery:
the owner and the owned.
if the owned want's to go, he can, but he don't want, the owned just dream to be the owner. it is a pure human (yahoo) comportement.

viva babylon!
Post 01 Jul 2010, 08:27
ass0

ass0
In fact, the non-dumb population is forgetting something:

The Comunist China is the second major Oil importer in the world, as they fight for the "freedom" of the humanity with 16hours-7days jobs, they know how to do anti-slavery.

Hallelujah!

Post 01 Jul 2010, 09:15
edfed

edfed
china is maybe the sheepest (from sheep) country in the world. with a blind people ready to follow the leaders without any question.
i never saw china with my eyes, but from what i know (what french media told us), chinese people are really slaves, and happy to be slaves.
why?
because!
Post 01 Jul 2010, 09:49
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
edfed wrote:
i never saw china with my eyes, but from what i know (what french media told us)

I'm really deeply disappointed with you edfed. Smile It's so sheep of you to trust a single word the French (and virtually any other) media has to say about anything serious, i.e. not related to the Star Academy or a reality TV/live whoring event. Laughing

edfed wrote:
chinese people are really slaves, and happy to be slaves.

No they aren't. Just like most people in the rest of the world.
But they are still grateful for the few things they have and probably won't risk it all if they just have a roof over their heads and aren't literally starving to death.
And yet, there are also people risking everything, even their lives, for a better life for everyone else. There are syndicalist and worker movement activists (bare in mind that unions/organized labor are mostly illegal) who get badly beaten or even killed all the time by the pro-business Chinese authorities or the thugs of the local and multinational corporations' private polices.
Post 01 Jul 2010, 11:44
edfed

edfed
something is really irritating in our curent world, the control of minds with pure lies.

i was introducing the urban legend of chinese slavery, but many other can be, like bp oil, september 11, israel war, etc...

many thing that are literally used to influence the comportment of population of some countries (like france). subliminal messages in movies (watch star academy, dr house), for exemple, political (vote sarkozy), customer influence (wanna the Ipad?). that's why i find interresting (and funny) that french official medias will report chinese people as slaves. and french people believe it and be proud to be more free Very Happy
Post 01 Jul 2010, 23:39
revolution

revolution
I've been to China and experienced the culture first hand. I've not been to France but I have been to other European countries so I am assuming that France would have a similar culture.

From what I have noticed, and I am speaking in the general case here, the Chinese have vastly different goals and expectations from Europeans. It is not about slavery vs freedom, but instead sense of self worth. An idle Chinese person feels like there is something missing and generally wants to achieve more by doing more. Whereas the European culture tends to desire idleness and even sees it as an ultimate goal later in life.

So if your goals are to be idle then you would see doing lots of work as burdensome. And if your goals are to achieve and make things then you would see idleness as wasted time.
Post 02 Jul 2010, 01:16
tom tobias

tom tobias
revolution wrote:
I've been to China and experienced the culture first hand. I've not been to France but I have been to other European countries so I am assuming that France would have a similar culture.

I have lived in both countries.

Both are great

Both are irritating!

The people, in my experience, are just superb in both places.

The governments, on the other hand, are only mamahuhu.

China is not one country, it is analogous to Europe, or South America.

MANY languages, and institutions. Yes, the kind of BP oil disaster occurs in China, daily, i.e. coverup, corrupt government officials failing to check appropriate safety measures, popular media enthusiasm initially, but no tough questions for the rulers to address, or be held accountable for.

France has its own share of unique qualities, some good, some not so good. The language is beautiful, the people are sincere, and, in my experience, warm hearted. The culture is in turmoil over the influx of aliens, like me, who lived there without properly accommodating to the local customs.

BP style disasters can be found in many countries. One of those least discussed, anywhere, is in another country in which I had the good fortune to live, if only for a few months, prior to a nasty coup d'etat: Nigeria suffers oil spills/gushers and petroleum pollution on a scale almost unimaginable--daily for twenty years or more.

Things are a lot different in the real world, compared to the artificial world in which we operate: internet denizens who spend hours daily, reading, chatting, and talking, not mining, growing crops, or selling shoes.

Oops, time for basketball. Yeah, that's what I mean: the real world....
Smile
Post 02 Jul 2010, 13:02

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: