flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > What happened to this guy?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
adroit

adroit
What happened to asmcoder? All I see on this posts are "[deleted content]".

Post 02 Jun 2010, 23:32
Coty

Coty
Uh, I think he got mad and he got mad and deleted all of his posts didn't he?
Post 02 Jun 2010, 23:38
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ass0

ass0
Oh, he was just abducted, his posts were too awesome that they also abducted his posts.

Post 02 Jun 2010, 23:39
Tyler

Tyler
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=10554 From what I understand, he was irritating and people were mean, and he got mad and deleted all his posts.
Post 02 Jun 2010, 23:42
adroit

adroit
Oh.. So I guess he wasn't the most pleasant guy on the board. I wonder how he was with his method of communication.

He really delete all 790 post, and attached files? Wow!!
Post 03 Jun 2010, 00:53
adroit

adroit
Oh.. So I guess he wasn't the most pleasant guy on the board. I wonder how he was with his method of communication.

He really say and delete all 790 post, and attached files? Wow!!
Post 03 Jun 2010, 00:53
windwakr

windwakr
MeshNix wrote:

He really say and delete all 790 post, and attached files? Wow!!

He was a malware writer previously, and a lot of the stuff he asked for help on looked like it could be used to cause harm. And he had an annoying habit of ignoring answers to his questions. I was rude to him, and other people were starting to get annoyed with him, so he just left.

Other people have also deleted their posts. MikeGonta, who was not having any issues with any of us here(AFAIK), deleted all of his posts and cleared his website.

Kohlrak deleted his posts, but he has come back since then.

Post 03 Jun 2010, 01:11
adroit

adroit
Okay. Its all his fault -- there's no reason to get upset with anyone else (from the little I saw).

I suppose the other guys left because of circumstances.
Post 03 Jun 2010, 01:44
Tyler

Tyler
Why did MikeGonta do it? Seems like a lot of work for no apparent reason. And what about Kohlrak?
Post 03 Jun 2010, 01:52
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
asmcoder came back as (at least) two other "new" users. But it was spotted easily, and quickly, so even those new nicknames have not been posted from in a while.
Post 03 Jun 2010, 05:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tyler

Tyler
It seems to be one of your favourite insults... http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=11307
Post 03 Jun 2010, 06:17
edemko

edemko
Kohlrak cool docs:
http://maven.smith.edu/~thiebaut/ArtOfAssembly/artofasm.html

<- neht_desrever_od_lliw_nosrep_taht_ylbissop_evigrof_ot_nrael <-
Post 03 Jun 2010, 06:24
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Tyler wrote:
It seems to be one of your favourite insults... http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=11307
That was not an insult. It was just the truth. Those two nicknames are the same person.
Post 03 Jun 2010, 06:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
edemko wrote:
Kohlrak cool docs:
http://maven.smith.edu/~thiebaut/ArtOfAssembly/artofasm.html

<- neht_desrever_od_lliw_nosrep_taht_ylbissop_evigrof_ot_nrael <-
I asked the same question to DOS386 already but he didn't answer, so I'll ask again:

Why do you claim that this is a "kohlrak's cool doc" while we can read everywhere that it's written by Randall Hyde? Anybody could explain it to me?
Post 03 Jun 2010, 13:46
edemko

edemko
different aliases maybe, i don't care
i was not asking, just informed a snippet from DOS386's post
DOS386, put more jokes i'm missing them
formats.inc,pg.694:
Code:
      stub_message db 'This program cannot be run in DOS mode.',0Dh,0Ah,24h
;into
      stub_message db 'DOS386, are you here :?',0Dh,0Ah,24h

hehehe
hello!
or
Code:
'DOS386, this is you :?'

or
Code:
'Having seen DOS386, say him "hello".'

or
Code:
'This soft requires DOS386's grandchildren win386 -  :)'

Post 03 Jun 2010, 15:56
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

Why

the truth about this is no way bigger than the truth about our universe and our existence.
Post 03 Jun 2010, 21:19
mattst88

mattst88
MHajduk wrote:
Why do you claim that this is a "kohlrak's cool doc" while we can read everywhere that it's written by Randall Hyde

edemko wrote:
different aliases maybe, i don't care

ROFL.

You think that Randall Hyde, a well known author and lecturer is the same person as kohlrak, a person who doesn't "believe" in superconductors?

Thanks, you made my day. Smile

Post 06 Jun 2010, 15:21
DustWolf

DustWolf
Tyler wrote:
And what about Kohlrak?

AFAIK he left because he got annoyed at the people on this forum who spend more time writing posts about how smart they are, than actually programming.

He came back because I lured him into it, so that's all my fault.

As for the superconductors thing, you'd come to see things his way, if you ever thought trough what you were saying, rather than just repeating after people who are supposedly smarter than you. (Although I do not have a problem with superconductors, he is right they are not as perfect as a glance at an encyclopedia article would have you believe, they are close).
Post 07 Jun 2010, 19:41
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
mattst88

mattst88
DustWolf wrote:
As for the superconductors thing, you'd come to see things his way, if you ever thought trough what you were saying, rather than just repeating after people who are supposedly smarter than you. (Although I do not have a problem with superconductors, he is right they are not as perfect as a glance at an encyclopedia article would have you believe, they are close).

ROFL again.

Sometimes people just shutdown when they can't understand a topic. I've seen this when tutoring calculus. They _decide_ they can't understand it and that's it, there's no helping them.

But in this case, it's like total ignorance makes him think he understands the subject _better_.

Please, get a degree in Physics before making silly claims.

Edit:
DustWolf wrote:
AFAIK he left because he got annoyed at the people on this forum who spend more time writing posts about how smart they are, than actually programming.

I can't say how much programming he does, but he sure does spend quite a bit of time writing self-complementing posts.

Post 09 Jun 2010, 00:12
DustWolf

DustWolf
I might add that writing up a post arguing about how someone who is laughed at for believing in god, doesn't believe in superconductors, is pathetic. I don't believe in god myself and I don't have a problem with superconductors, but AFAIK science is not a matter of belief.

mattst88 wrote:
ROFL again.

Sometimes people just shutdown when they can't understand a topic. I've seen this when tutoring calculus. They _decide_ they can't understand it and that's it, there's no helping them.

If that's what you thought it was, that wasn't it. People tend to stop when they are not provided enough information to work with.

Quote:
But in this case, it's like total ignorance makes him think he understands the subject _better_.

Nobody said that, but in either case, thinking about a topic yourself is a lot better than believing whatever people tell you out of hand.

Quote:
I can't say how much programming he does, but he sure does spend quite a bit of time writing self-complementing posts.

Yes, of course, since these forums are all about having static belief and not ever programming anything.

And "writing self-complementing posts" is basically what you call someone who you don't and never bothered to understand.
Post 11 Jun 2010, 23:01
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: