flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > why we could accept all the absurdities in dream?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
thought if this few days ago,,
Let say if all those absurd happen in real life, we might say,, impossoble, wow, is that real,, really,,, and so on,,

But when it is happen in dream, it seems like we already knew, it is something that very common,, like we already accept such absurds,,

Eg,
i just woke up, and i dream of tomaz,, yeah,, i didn.t know our fasm tomaz, but in dream, i know it is him.,,and in dream, it seems that, we already knew each other,. And i dream, i don.t even wow, are u sure, is that real and so on,

like yesterday, i dream of a kongfu master, he uses some naruto clone jutsu,, and it seems for me, such technique i already knew and i accepted already, so no wow, really,, bur then i wonder why??? Since when i knew all these??
Post 30 May 2010, 01:04
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep: I think you want to start your own blog.
Post 30 May 2010, 01:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ass0

ass0
hahahaha xD

Post 30 May 2010, 03:40
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
You just experienced astral projection. Your soul was separated from your body and it traveled through aether to Poland where you had a business meeting with Tomasz. That's all, really!

Scully!!! Next case, please.
Post 30 May 2010, 07:15
Artlav

Artlav
Why do you see red light as red and not green?
Why can't you hear your heart beat and blood flow thru your head?
Why can't you smell oxygen in the air?
Post 30 May 2010, 12:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ass0

ass0
Why ass0 is a hard-ass?
Why ManOfSteel needs a heart?
Why revolution has the most impresive mustache?
Why Artlav is so why?

Post 30 May 2010, 12:24
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Why revolution has the most impresive mustache?

Because she has a style!
Post 30 May 2010, 13:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
Like Angelina Jolie?

Post 30 May 2010, 15:14
DustWolf

DustWolf
In an attempt to be on topic... I would say because you dream already processed thoughts rather than experiencing them out of sensory input. Thus they do not pass trough your input filtering mechanisms, they are simply there and thus accepted as having already passed all filtering.

For a techy analogy hmm... the same reason why an OS cannot detect memory corruption as broken RAM and instead gives random bogus error messages.
Post 07 Jun 2010, 21:55
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
ouadji

ouadji
in a dream, there is no absurdities.
Everything has meaning.

Post 07 Jun 2010, 23:38
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
considering the chain reaction effect, everything including nothing change world everyday.
Post 08 Jun 2010, 16:08
edemko

edemko
"we are living in the time of changes and changes live too" <- a quote
Post 09 Jun 2010, 04:18
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
just wanna share with u all, a trick i discover this morning...

so, when you about to sleep, project a few boxes into ur mind....

then, if let say any incoming sound sort of "disturb" you, you would see one of the boxes or several boxes light up Wink quite cool i think... try it...
Post 24 Jan 2011, 03:45
matefkr

matefkr
your "working memory" part of your brain is shut down (mostly) so you can replenish the fouls and things of neurons there. It need to be shut down, since that part of your brain is constantly active. along with that, your termal control system is also shut down, so thats why you cen get cold easier when you are asleep.

The "working memory" is not completly shut down when you are dreaming, it wakes up a little bit, and your cortices and amygdala wakes up much more in the dreaming phase of sleep. There are periods of sleep when very little of your brain is active, those parts got skipped by your consciousness mostly. Thats all i know about it.

There are a lot of things people know about mammalian mind. You should read something about them (get a book for university students or something about brainfunctions).

about your boxes, i had a similar experience: i woke up, i realised that i should get up, but i was tired so i slowly fell asleep, but as i fell asleep, i heard loud clapping near my head immidiatly, and i woke up for it; then again, i slowly fell asleep, and again, i heard clapping, this time much more louder then before and much longer.
Post 07 Feb 2011, 14:19
asmhack

asmhack
Dreams are the only place where past and future doesn't exist, that's why they are a present.. life should be like that also, so enjoy every single moment of your lives to the maximum.
Post 07 Feb 2011, 16:51
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
matefkr wrote:
The "working memory" is not completly shut down when you are dreaming, it wakes up a little bit, and your cortices and amygdala wakes up much more in the dreaming phase of sleep. There are periods of sleep when very little of your brain is active, those parts got skipped by your consciousness mostly. Thats all i know about it.

Yes, it appears to me, that it is selective turning off and on of various parts of mind that causes us to experience things in a very narrow context and without questioning it too much. In "deep" dreams it is usual, I think, to have very strong sense of purpose, you may be able only to think about things related to that purpose or about how you need to get to some place to do something - and ignore everything else, and not even being able to question why do you have to do that. It is like there was only a small "subroutine" of your mind "program" running at that moment, which was invoked to do some precise task, so it tries to do it, and it doesn't question why it has do it, because that just its role.

When you get more lucid, it is possible to finally realize that this local purpose is not so important and change your mind - though unless you are fully lucid, this may be very hard. And, as I say, the dreams are the most perfect deceivers and impostors in existence. This may be related to selectively turning off your various abilities - instead of normal output from those parts of mind, you get some nonsense, but you accept it, because it comes from a "module" that usually is a functional part of you that gives you reliable information.

And thus dreams can deceive a dreamer in every conceivable way. You can dream that you just had a stroke of genius and invented something really valuable, but upon waking up and writing it down you realize it is just utter nonsense. You can dream that you listen to concerto of most beautiful music you have ever heard, but when you hum it after waking up, it happens to be just some short infantile melody. You can dream that you can do something that you would not know how do in reality (and again - just a deception), or that you are some completely different person, or that you are some omnipotent observer of yourself. You can dream that you have woken up, and that then you realized something is wrong and have jumped out of the window and woken up again, and then again and again, and each time believe that you are finally awake, but you are still dreaming. And you can even dream that you became lucid and started manipulating your dream in certain way, just like you did in the past - but this time you are not really lucid, you are just dreaming that you are (this one is tricky, but it happened to me).

Yes, dreams amaze me.
Post 08 Feb 2011, 11:08

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: