flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > noah's ark found.. soo..

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
kohlrak wrote:
Well, supposedly they have a way of putting voltage into a coil and then removing the power supply. I personally don't know how that's possible, but that's not as easy for me to dispute.
It is easy, just induce a current with a magnetic field for example. No problem.
kohlrak wrote:
Actually, no it's not. Although current is maintained, it slowly degrades. Scientists admit that current will inevitably die after a long period of time (although long, it's not indefinite, thus showing that it must have resistance [otherwise it'd be indefinite]).
Well is degrades for a different reason other than resistance. Remember that the Earth has its own magnetic field, and the Earth rotates. The Earth also orbits around another body with strong magnetic fields, the Sun. Plus any manmade EM fields will have an effect also. It is really hard to find a completely isolated system to test it in.

Anyhow the proofs I am talking about are not "proofs" they are proofs. No quotes required. But no matter, you don't have to believe them, no problem.
Post 21 May 2010, 03:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
revolution wrote:
kohlrak wrote:
Well, supposedly they have a way of putting voltage into a coil and then removing the power supply. I personally don't know how that's possible, but that's not as easy for me to dispute.
It is easy, just induce a current with a magnetic field for example. No problem.
kohlrak wrote:
Actually, no it's not. Although current is maintained, it slowly degrades. Scientists admit that current will inevitably die after a long period of time (although long, it's not indefinite, thus showing that it must have resistance [otherwise it'd be indefinite]).
Well is degrades for a different reason other than resistance. Remember that the Earth has its own magnetic field, and the Earth rotates. The Earth also orbits around another body with strong magnetic fields, the Sun. Plus any manmade EM fields will have an effect also. It is really hard to find a completely isolated system to test it in.

Indeed. That means that without a magnet free environment, it can't actually be disputed (and thus assumed true) because any resistance would be explained away as magnetic forces. This makes it unscientific, because science is working with controlled conditions. This sort of thing cannot be controlled properly, therefore it is not science.

Quote:
Anyhow the proofs I am talking about are not "proofs" they are proofs. No quotes required. But no matter, you don't have to believe them, no problem.

"Proof" insinuates something declares an absolute truth. "Proof" is too strong of a word to use with this pseudo-science.
Post 21 May 2010, 04:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
kohlrak wrote:
This makes it unscientific, because science is working with controlled conditions. This sort of thing cannot be controlled properly, therefore it is not science.
And do you still believe in god even without the extreme-extra-super-uber-ultra-high-quality proofs that you seem to be desiring?
Post 21 May 2010, 04:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
revolution wrote:
kohlrak wrote:
This makes it unscientific, because science is working with controlled conditions. This sort of thing cannot be controlled properly, therefore it is not science.
And do you still believe in god even without the extreme-extra-super-uber-ultra-high-quality proofs that you seem to be desiring?

I do, but i don't declare there is any "proof" of his existence. To me, the math doesn't add up for super conductors, so i find it much harder to believe.
Post 21 May 2010, 04:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: