flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > noah's ark found.. soo..

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Post 29 Apr 2010, 03:50
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
... so they some some old splinters of wood. And that proves it is the Ark how?
Post 29 Apr 2010, 04:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
noah should burn his ark,, leave no trace, that is how god always did Smile
Post 29 Apr 2010, 04:26
Artlav

Artlav
Curiously, i read a similar story about the ark on Ararat in the 90's, referring to the discovery of it made in late 19th century.
So, either there's something actually there, or they just reprint the story every few decades.
Post 29 Apr 2010, 04:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Again?
Post 29 Apr 2010, 10:45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Artlav wrote:
Curiously, i read a similar story about the ark on Ararat in the 90's, referring to the discovery of it made in late 19th century.
So, either there's something actually there, or they just reprint the story every few decades.

Every year or two, actually
Post 29 Apr 2010, 10:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
or the ark still moving somehow,,,u know,, god got lots of power,,hehheehhe
Post 29 Apr 2010, 14:45
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
then next year maybe, a large ark was found floating on pacific ocean,, spotted by some people,, like alien ufo perhaps..heheheh,
Post 29 Apr 2010, 14:46
Artlav

Artlav
UFO as in Unidentified Floating Object?

I wonder how much of the biblical tales got thru intact - look at the common folk fairy tales, with details being added and removed in every each language and retelling.
Post 29 Apr 2010, 15:16
kohlrak

kohlrak
Artlav wrote:
I wonder how much of the biblical tales got thru intact - look at the common folk fairy tales, with details being added and removed in every each language and retelling.

Fortunately, that's the reason the bible was supposedly preserved in it's original language. Translations are notoriously bad, and no story is different in this regard (except maybe in the case of 大神/Okami [the video game that is]). Probably the most well known example by preachers and members (of Christianity that is) being the story of Noah's ark. In particular, the whole rainbow sham (makes a great kids story, but kids seemingly do not grow up these days).
Post 10 May 2010, 18:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Coddy41

Coddy41
I don't get the whole rainbow thing myself, I mean, it must have never rained before until then... Or
maybe raindrops or moister did not bend lite until that God said that? ... I remember a few times myslef
I heard they discovered the ark.... maybe when the earth shifted more mountains split and many peices
wound up on different peaks Laughing

Witch the earth would have had to have shifted after that... how else would the Indians have wound up
in the American region... or natives in Australia :/ I am guessing that is were the tour of babble comes into
play?
Post 10 May 2010, 18:57
kohlrak

kohlrak
Coddy41 wrote:
I don't get the whole rainbow thing myself, I mean, it must have never rained before until then... Or
maybe raindrops or moister did not bend lite until that God said that? ... I remember a few times myslef
I heard they discovered the ark.... maybe when the earth shifted more mountains split and many peices
wound up on different peaks Laughing

I couldn't tell you without a little more Hebrew (right now, i know the words "amen," and "adam," and "El," but that's about it). Essentially, among those who don't know Hebrew and still have sermons on it, it is either a mistranslation altogether (another physical bow which goes unseen representing war) or the rainbow is only representative (of the other theory). When presenting both theories, many preachers are also quick to point out that the bow is not a bow when viewed from the air.

Although, to say that light didn't always refract through rain wouldn't be an impossible stretch, either, as all science (and pseudo-science) is based on what we have now. Another interesting story that many people would find as unbelievable as light not always bending would be the story of the tower of Babel (while learning Japanese, i've learned a bit about English being learned in other countries that almost supports the story).

Quote:
Witch the earth would have had to have shifted after that... how else would the Indians have wound up
in the American region... or natives in Australia :/ I am guessing that is were the tour of babble comes into
play?

This is a separate matter with plenty of explanations and theories, and as such, i'd rather not delve (at least not right now) into that due to shear confusion.

EDIT: You know, the rainbow sham is much like the sham about superconductors...
Post 10 May 2010, 20:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
mattst88

mattst88
Coddy41 wrote:
play?

/facepalm

kohlrak wrote:

Huh?

Post 13 May 2010, 19:54
kohlrak

kohlrak
mattst88 wrote:
kohlrak wrote:

Huh?

You never heard of the 0 resistance conductors?
Post 13 May 2010, 23:43
mattst88

mattst88
Yes, but I don't understand what you're talking about being a sham.
Post 19 May 2010, 15:57
kohlrak

kohlrak
3 reasons:

1. Complete lack of resistance is impossible (AFAIK).

2. As resistance decreases, current increases at a constant voltage (current surpassing voltage at resistance<1) at a nice rate (approaching 0 resistance causes current to approach infinity). Therefore, if you had a truly 0 resistant wire, applying any voltage would result with a high level of current, right? And what happens electromagnetically when you have a large enough current? Supposedly, these 0 resistance coils are holding voltage in a lab, on their own (thus meaning that the wire applying the voltage has been removed and is no longer a resistance factor). Talk about one hell of a magnet... Even approaching 0 resistance and applying voltage is incredibly dangerous....

3. If it was truly 0 resistance, once current exists, it wouldn't decrease...

I will admit, however, that if things are cooled to a certain temperature, their resistance dramatically changes. However, i'm not ready to buy into a 0 resistance wire, yet. (I am willing to believe a 5th state of matter, however.)
Post 19 May 2010, 19:51
Xorpd!

Xorpd!
1. Is possible. Imperfections may enter into the situation for big superconductors, but you don't have to have any imperfections for a molecular-sized system.

2. What you are missing here is radiation reaction. As you accelerate charges to build up your current they radiate energy. This is one of the reasons that superconducting power transmission lines are not practical: they would lose power due to radiation even without Ohmic heating.

3. Exactly. You can buy toroidal superconductors and test this yourself. You have to keep feeding the experiment liquid nitrogen, though.
Post 20 May 2010, 07:27
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
kohlrak wrote:
3 reasons:

Then your knowledge has a gap. Zero resistance has been proved many many times, it is not really in question anymore among the people that know what they are doing.
kohlrak wrote:
2. As resistance decreases, current increases at a constant voltage (current surpassing voltage at resistance<1) at a nice rate (approaching 0 resistance causes current to approach infinity). Therefore, if you had a truly 0 resistant wire, applying any voltage would result with a high level of current, right? And what happens electromagnetically when you have a large enough current? Supposedly, these 0 resistance coils are holding voltage in a lab, on their own (thus meaning that the wire applying the voltage has been removed and is no longer a resistance factor). Talk about one hell of a magnet... Even approaching 0 resistance and applying voltage is incredibly dangerous....
Your argument assumes a perfect supply source applied purely over the super conductor, not really a practical usage model. And the perfect PSU has not yet been achieved in practice.
kohlrak wrote:
That is correct, and that is what happens with superconductor loops.
kohlrak wrote:
I will admit, however, that if things are cooled to a certain temperature, their resistance dramatically changes. However, i'm not ready to buy into a 0 resistance wire, yet.
Why not? Just look for the proofs that have been done. They are not hard to find. Use my website to help you find them if you get stuck.
Post 20 May 2010, 10:57
baldr

baldr
kohlrak wrote:
I will admit, however, that if things are cooled to a certain temperature, their resistance dramatically changes.
At a low K matter manifests really spectacular properties, like being super-conductive, super-fluid and so. It's usual near extremes.
kohlrak wrote:
As resistance decreases, current increases at a constant voltage (current surpassing voltage at resistance<1) at a nice rate (approaching 0 resistance causes current to approach infinity).
Why do you think so? In superconductor there is no electric potential difference along it. It's like relativity: everything changes when you're approaching c.
Post 20 May 2010, 12:07
kohlrak

kohlrak
revolution wrote:
kohlrak wrote:
3 reasons:

Then your knowledge has a gap. Zero resistance has been proved many many times, it is not really in question anymore among the people that know what they are doing.

I'd beg to differ. IMO, it's no more proven than God was proven many, many times and people knew what they were doing (they lacked information then which allowed dissent [an alternative explanation], just as we lack information now which allows dissent [an alternative explanation]).

Quote:
kohlrak wrote:
Your argument assumes a perfect supply source applied purely over the super conductor, not really a practical usage model. And the perfect PSU has not yet been achieved in practice.

Well, supposedly they have a way of putting voltage into a coil and then removing the power supply. I personally don't know how that's possible, but that's not as easy for me to dispute. Razz

Quote:
kohlrak wrote:
That is correct, and that is what happens with superconductor loops.

Actually, no it's not. Although current is maintained, it slowly degrades. Scientists admit that current will inevitably die after a long period of time (although long, it's not indefinite, thus showing that it must have resistance [otherwise it'd be indefinite]).

Quote:
kohlrak wrote:
I will admit, however, that if things are cooled to a certain temperature, their resistance dramatically changes. However, i'm not ready to buy into a 0 resistance wire, yet.
Why not? Just look for the proofs that have been done. They are not hard to find. Use my website to help you find them if you get stuck.

I've seen "proofs" myself, as well, but light and sound shows aren't proof. The proofs that i have seen are merely levitating a magnet without a power supply (proof of current).

baldr wrote:
kohlrak wrote:
I will admit, however, that if things are cooled to a certain temperature, their resistance dramatically changes.
At a low K matter manifests really spectacular properties, like being super-conductive, super-fluid and so. It's usual near extremes.
kohlrak wrote:
As resistance decreases, current increases at a constant voltage (current surpassing voltage at resistance<1) at a nice rate (approaching 0 resistance causes current to approach infinity).
Why do you think so? In superconductor there is no electric potential difference along it. It's like relativity: everything changes when you're approaching c.

Elaborate. I'm going by ohm's law. (Some mathematical conversations elsewhere actually lead to me believing that actually 0 resistance would be null current, rather than infinite current.)
Post 21 May 2010, 03:34

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: