flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > the book will be published...final line

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
edfed

edfed
argh!!! i am identified!!! you have the name, the town, you can know the google earth coordinates, and see how looks like my new bike in the garden Laughing
Post 06 May 2011, 12:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG
Wow, you have got a new bike! You must be making good money out of the book!!! Razz Razz Razz

Please transfer part of your luck to me - I am still looking for a job! Sad Sad Sad

Wink
Post 06 May 2011, 12:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
about the bike, it was very cheap, but it have a lot of problems and need a lot of repairs, but it's cool:

the book only paid the insurance to have the right to ride.

for the job, i don't know how to share it as it is very limited, but if i need some help to achieve some work, i will think about members on the board.

be patient, one of the best way to have some work to do is to create yourself the job. or seek a place in a company... in both cases, it is not easy, but possible.

if you create your own job, you should always search for new missions, it is very hard and long.
Post 06 May 2011, 12:52
YONG

YONG
Wow, your bike looks really cool! Razz But you should be careful when riding it - otherwise you may break your leg again!!! Wink

Well, I asked you to transfer part of your luck, not your job, to me! Wink Of course, I was just kidding! Smile

Anyway, thank you for your advice.

Wink
Post 06 May 2011, 13:50
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I didn't see this thread before, congratulations edfed!!! Very Happy
Post 06 May 2011, 16:49
Dex4u

Dex4u
Congratulations! edfed, on your book. Smile
Post 06 May 2011, 17:44
neville

neville
Congratulations edfed (O.C. Wink) Writing a book must be a huge mission. Did you draw your own cover design too?

PS: Not only do we know your name, we also know your Date of Birth. So be careful!

Post 06 May 2011, 22:10
edfed

edfed
Quote:

PS: Not only do we know your name, we also know your Date of Birth. So be careful!

but you don't know the color of my socks. then, i can sleep quietlly Smile
Post 06 May 2011, 23:17
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
congratulations edfed Smile
Post 07 May 2011, 17:27
cod3b453

cod3b453
wow I didn't know you were working on a book, congratulations on becoming an author.

(Now translate it to english j/k)
Post 08 May 2011, 01:10
flaith

flaith
Link to your book added to my facebook wall, hope to help a little Smile

Post 08 May 2011, 09:23
MHajduk

MHajduk
Congrats on the long awaited book. Smile It would be interesting to have a look at its content. There's only one problem - I don't speak French. Razz
Post 08 May 2011, 10:12
tom tobias

tom tobias
wonderful, Edfed.

I certainly plan to purchase a copy, however, it did occur to me, that you may wish to offer to sell a few dozen copies to members of the FASM community, perhaps with your name signed on the inside cover.....

I like your nom de plume, Olivier. Of course, you would not want the outside world to know your real name, Edfed.

Ciao,

tom
Post 08 May 2011, 10:30
neville

neville
So I don't suppose we'll ever know your real name, tom tobias? Only your nom de plume ... Razz (hey, that's French, ca, c'est le Francais??)

Post 08 May 2011, 20:34
Tyler

Tyler
Post 09 May 2011, 03:55
roboman

roboman
congratulations, they say writing a book is like giving berth. Seems that it's mostly just men that say that Smile

I'm sure it's a great book on a subject needing more books.
Post 09 May 2011, 04:08
edfed

edfed
roboman:
yes, the book i made (not finished, need my read back and corrections) will not be a comics book or anything that don't need extra knowledge.
this book will force the reader to think and search a lot of things by himself, it is the philosophy of assembly, and if some guy is too much lazy to think alone, it can be better for him to forget the idea of assembler.

Tyler: yep, it's me. argh!!!

Tom: nom de plume is ok only for things like fiction books, actor, or arts, for technical domain, no need.
my artist name is: HAHAHA, you can guess the one used for the comics, but not the one used for graphitis. Laughing
Post 09 May 2011, 11:06
TmX

TmX
Congratulations. Will the English version be available?
I don't understand French Embarassed
Post 10 May 2011, 04:48
edfed

edfed
if you understand english, you don't need this book.

in fact, if you understand english, you don't need any book to program assembler.

but if you need to do advanced programming, the assembly black book is needed, and as it can be downloaded for free...

then, 6 days to wait, and i will have 5 of them in my hands.
one will be for me, and the 4 others will be for... i don't know now. at least one for the 512 bytes compo.

420 pages, gp instruction set detailled, extensions instruction set overviewed, basic hardware details, AZERTY keyboard, ps/2 and serial mouse, VESA and VGA basics, hdd pio, int13h and int13h extented, lpt, uart, pic, pit, cpu system structures and mecanism explained, etc...

i didn't covered the advanced programming tricks, because:
1) tricks can be re-invented by practice
2) not enough time and place to do it.
3) should be a separate book, for real experts, where nothing else than tricks are explained, no instruction set, no hw specs... only software tricks, that is still a lot of things.

and then, for my 29th birthday, my gift is this book. Smile

Post 31 May 2011, 14:16
JohnFound

JohnFound
edfed, congratulations for the book. The good thing about book writing is that it can be finished. It is not the case with the software writing. Very Happy
Who is the cover designer - he was able to avoid usual dark/green H4x0r cliche in assembly books. Wink
Post 31 May 2011, 14:42
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: