flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > i want to build DIY wifi receiver that could receive signal

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
edfed

edfed
of course, but when you try to find solutions, you try to find them.

i presume sleepsleep needs more a ong distance connection, then, the only way to pass datas over long distances is radio frequencies used for music broadcasting.

with some spectral analysis, it can be possible to pass many datas.
like for exemple, use 8 audio frequencies bands to pass datas will increase the bandwidth.

use frequencies:
1000Hz
1500Hz
2000Hz
2500Hz

3000Hz
3500Hz
4000Hz
4500Hz

to pass 1 byte in only 1 millisecond, then, have a 8Kb/s data rate.
it is more than nothing.

it is a new type of design, not a WIFI design.
that's why it needs a special way to solve it. and a very long study to be achieved.
Post 29 Mar 2010, 10:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
edfed wrote:
... the only way to pass datas over long distances is radio frequencies used for music broadcasting.
Also copper lines can do it.

If you want to broadcast then the license will be troublesome. (And if you have no license then getting caught will be even more troublesome. Wink)
Post 29 Mar 2010, 10:47
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
baldr

baldr
edfed,

Like as in SSTV? Narrow band has its merits.
Post 29 Mar 2010, 10:49
farrier

farrier
sleepsleep,

This is for a point to point. line-of-sight connection, send and receive WiFi. Look at a combination of cantenna and surplus small satellite dish. They claim "up to" 10 miles, full bandwidth, IEEE 802.11b

http://people.wallawalla.edu/~Rob.Frohne/Airport/Primestar/Primestar.html

I used a Pringles can only "connection" to share my cousins' WiFi with his son 400 m away. This worked great, until the leaves grew back on the trees the next spring!

farrier

... the right of the people peaceably to assemble, ...
The code is dark, and full of errors!
Post 29 Mar 2010, 10:51
baldr

baldr
farrier,

Microwaves can do things to water in the leaves, be warned! My friend got a bad burn because of his flask when radar radiates directly on him. Wink
Post 29 Mar 2010, 10:58
YONG

YONG
baldr wrote:
YONG,
While squaring the circle seems to be different (transcendental numbers and such), rational approach can give quite acceptable results.
baldr,

You still don't want to concede ... Evil or Very Mad

OK, try this:

It is impossible to make a 3-regular, planar graph of diameter 3 that has more than 12 vertices.

Here is the proof.

Now, read the following aloud:

NOT everything is possible; chocolate is yummy!

Wink
Post 30 Mar 2010, 04:20
edfed

edfed
yep, squaring the circle with a wifi antenna is difficult. Laughing
Post 30 Mar 2010, 07:57
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
hahahahhaaa
Post 30 Mar 2010, 16:05
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
standard upgrades, and now, we can do a lot with wifi =) and affordable hardware,

http://www.tp-link.com.my/products/details/?model=TL-WA5210G
Quote:

12dBi dual-polarized antenna to build long distance WiFi connection up to 15km

http://reviews.cnet.com/marketplace/2740-3243_7-131706.html
Quote:

mwave offers the PremierTek PowerLink 802.11n Wireless Ultra Long Distance Indoor and Outdoor USB Adapter, model no. PL-2814N, for $36.99 plus 49 cents for shipping. That's tied with last week's mention and the lowest total price we could find by $6. Claiming an operating distance of up to 2,000 meters (1.24 miles), it features a 14dBi panel antenna, and support for WEP, WPA2, WPA2 TKIP/AES, WPA2-PSK, and WPA-PSK encryption.
Post 20 May 2013, 13:02
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
more great news,
http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/news/german-academics-set-world-record-in-wireless-data-transmission-116785?ModPagespeed=noscript

Quote:

German Academics Set World Record In Wireless Data Transmission

Radio links capable of transferring 40 Gbps could revolutionise rural broadband deployment

Researchers from the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Solid State Physics (FIAF) and the Karlsruhe Institute for Technology (KIT) have managed to transmit data over the air at a speed of 40 Gbps – fast enough to send a full DVD in under a second.

a DVD under a second!!!!! over 1km
Post 21 May 2013, 11:35
sparkgates

sparkgates
Taking a shorter range wireless system and providing for them it a more powerful/directional output signal remains as the arrangement for the present. Along these lines, helpful guidance to that end might be increased in value.

edit by revolution: removed spam link

Last edited by sparkgates on 25 Jan 2014, 06:42; edited 3 times in total
Post 23 Jan 2014, 07:48
matefkr

matefkr
wll, all u need is good antenna and an amplifier perhaps (depending on signal strength) multiple amplifiers and receivers to separate the stronger and weaker signals, and direction if u need, and some fast and multiple microcontrollers/fpgas to separete the wavelengths or whatever (analyze the signal looking for patterns of known sort).
Post 23 Jan 2014, 11:51
gens

gens
opamps and multiple reciving antennas for reducing phase interference, microcontrollers have a natural delay making them unsuitable
but thats a complicated subject
Post 23 Jan 2014, 12:06
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i am always interested with new kind wireless mesh that link the whole earth, no isp, no fee, we just need the "know how" or "diy" people to set some config into the hardware, then it should somehow connected and transmit, world would be more beautiful if communication is provided by everybody instead of certain group of controller.
Post 23 Jan 2014, 15:12
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
i am always interested with new kind wireless mesh that link the whole earth, no isp, no fee, we just need the "know how" or "diy" people to set some config into the hardware, then it should somehow connected and transmit, world would be more beautiful if communication is provided by everybody instead of certain group of controller.
Perhaps a similar idea in the link below, but you still have the central connected infrastructure with the data being encrypted and thus cannot be censored/controlled/monitored.

http://phys.org/news/2014-01-internet-bitcoin-seed-idea-bitcloud.html

Of course "concerned" governments could still pass laws against such things and make it undesirable due to potential punishment. Some countries have already banned encryption of any type so it is not beyond the reach of the law.

Also, I don't see how a wireless mesh system can work. The frequencies become overloaded very quickly. A simple piece of copper or fiber can provide a far better bandwidth for a far cheaper cost and can easily be expanded by simply laying more cables. Wireless is easier to jam and easier to capture and monitor. Plus the distance is limited and error rates are higher. How would you cross the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean using only a wireless mesh network?
Post 27 Jan 2014, 11:01
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
actually, idk, but i know it is possible, maybe could deploy million? or drone that could cover 500 km? using solar floating above or on pacific ocean? i am stupid, but there are genius who will create a solution in future.

congestion is like everybody shouting in the open air, there should be methods to make thing smooth,
idk if wireless is the extreme version of inaudible sound? but i guess they are roughly the same, maybe.
Post 27 Jan 2014, 12:29
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
actually, idk, but i know it is possible, maybe could deploy million? or drone that could cover 500 km? using solar floating above or on pacific ocean? i am stupid, but there are genius who will create a solution in future.
You talked about no central control but then who pays for the drones and other associated things? Your thoughts seem somewhat muddled about this.

Besides, 500km by radio is not easy to do. It is easy to suggest all sorts of "stuff" but even geniuses have to follow the laws of physics. And who pays the geniuses?
Post 27 Jan 2014, 13:07
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

You talked about no central control but then who pays for the drones and other associated things?

if the drone is open source model, i am very sure people will build them,
there would be no single company, or big company that control the whole drone manufacturing, one could diy, buy parts, flash firmware, set gps coordinate on where they want to deploy their drone,

is like how one customized build a desktop pc, and power it up in certain location using solar panel,

who pay for drones,?
in an ideal society, people don't talk money, they talk ideas to improve,
the reality is, we are far away from that kindda society, world, but trying to create changes to result into that kinda world is what a sane and knowledgeable person should pondering and considering.

500km by radio is possible, someone will figure it out one day.

revolution wrote:

laws of physics

the day people discover how to anti-gravity works will result total rewrite in some aspect of laws of physics.
Post 27 Jan 2014, 20:25
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
well, maybe mark zuckerberg read this thread,

Facebook Will Build Drones and Satellites to Beam Internet Around the World
http://www.wired.com/2014/03/facebook-drones/

this idea never stop inside my mind,
there should be new technology and internet connection should be accessible to everyone, free of charge, a connected world, connected voice, connected vision, connected objective to push human life into grand outer-space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li-Fi

something like Li-Fi, idk how much it would gets affected by weather if the signals are beam from drone floating above a city, raining, fog, night, day, sun shines, or etc.

actually, i am more into balloon, using a wired balloon from a house up to sky, maybe 300 meters? or 500 meters.

but anything that so obvious will get banned very soon, as soon as you put up the balloon.

actually, i just thought of something,
if we could modify gravity field, (idk how fast gravity effect could travel from my house to above drone, but if the effect to affect it is ftl or near light, maybe we could use it to encode information bits.

is there a largest and longest man-made magnetic field?
Post 31 Mar 2014, 16:24

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: