flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > FEMEN, an activist group

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
Check this out. I wish I lived in Ukraine. shoorick is so lucky ... Wink
Post 08 Feb 2010, 10:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
shoorick

shoorick
welcome Smile then do not try to escape! Very Happy
Post 08 Feb 2010, 10:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
Check this out. I wish I lived in Ukraine. shoorick is so lucky ... Wink
All these naked happenings aren't organised for fun. Wink FEMEN group activists protested this way against sex-tourism, prostitution, one of the most severe HIV/AIDS epidemics in Europe etc. They also support content-control software, blocking access to the pages with adult materials.

Because of unusual form, their performances attract bigger attention to these problems. That's all. Wink
Post 08 Feb 2010, 11:56
ass0

ass0
The only thing i don't like about Yulia Tymoshenko is her left-wing choice. Crap!! Aside from that i love her <3 <3 <3... ImageImageImageImage

Post 08 Feb 2010, 13:20
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
they all pretty and nice!!
but after 20 years in future, they will look like ........ hehehhehee.
Post 08 Feb 2010, 13:32
MHajduk

MHajduk
ass0 wrote:
The only thing i don't like about Yulia Tymoshenko is her left-wing choice. Crap!! Aside from that i love her <3 <3 <3... ImageImageImageImage
Yeah, Yulia Tymoshenko is a one of the most sexy politcians all over the world. Very Happy She is still a very attractive woman despite of her age (she was born in 1960). Smile
Post 08 Feb 2010, 13:49
ass0

ass0
Plastic surgery roolz!!

Post 08 Feb 2010, 14:08
shoorick

shoorick
Post 08 Feb 2010, 15:18
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
You also wouldn't say Joan Jett is over 50 now... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9WCWgT1QJ8
Post 08 Feb 2010, 19:45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
DOS386

DOS386
MHajduk wrote:
YONG wrote:
Check (femen-gives-shufrych-earful-on-shuster) this out. I wish I lived in Ukraine. shoorick is so lucky
All these naked happenings aren't organised for fun. FEMEN group activists protested this way against sex-tourism, prostitution, one of the most severe HIV/AIDS epidemics in Europe etc. They also support content-control malware, blocking access to

Forget Ukraine and welcome to China Sad
Post 09 Feb 2010, 02:58
YONG

YONG
DOS386 wrote:
Forget Ukraine and welcome to China
I guess you meant "mainland China". We still have some freedom here in HK. (I can visit this site without any trouble, haha.) Wink
Post 09 Feb 2010, 10:47
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
I don't know about that. I regularly visit a political forum and there are many members from everywhere in mainland China. Some are pro, others are anti.
A lot of posts, news, articles, etc. posted by non-Chinese members are clearly critical of the Chinese government and its policies. So I guess the forum is very subversive for Chinese visitors.
The Chinese members are still there after months of membership. And apparently, the website has never been blocked by the so-called Great Firewall.

It seems most blocked political websites are related to the Uygur and Tibetan separatisms.
Post 09 Feb 2010, 11:30
YONG

YONG
Well, I don't want to talk a lot about Chinese politics here, because (1) it's very boring and (2) some of the forumers are suffering from politicophobia. Here is all I want to say: How could a one-party, "zero" mandate government do any good to the grassroots? Sad

Last edited by YONG on 09 Feb 2010, 13:41; edited 1 time in total
Post 09 Feb 2010, 11:49
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
(2) some of the forumers are suffering from politicsphobia.
Firstly, it's politicophobia (refer to this). Wink

Secondly, don't mess rational and healthy, not politically engaged attitude with any "phobia".

Thirdly, your New Year's resolution was to "let go of your deeply rooted anger and hatred", do you remember that? Wink
Post 09 Feb 2010, 12:46
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
Firstly, it's politicophobia (refer to this).
Thanks for correcting my mistake. In fact, I did check its spelling and found that both "politicsphobia" and "politicophobia" are just invented words. Refer to this. And this. Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Secondly, don't mess rational and healthy, not politically engaged attitude with any "phobia".
I'm confused by your sentence. I guess this is what you meant: don't mix up rationality and state of health, and we shouldn't qualify a political stance or attitude with the word "phobia". Am I right? Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Thirdly, your New Year's resolution was to "let go of your deeply rooted anger and hatred", do you remember that?
I'm totally lost here. What's the association here? My New Year resolution has got anything to do with "politicophobia"?! Rolling Eyes
Post 09 Feb 2010, 13:28
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
In fact, I did check its spelling and found that both "politicsphobia" and "politicophobia" are just invented words.
Yes, but politicophobia sounds more natural because both words politics and phobia come from Greek language [politika], where such conjunctions are created by introducing vowels (-o-, -a-), i.e should rather be 'politic-o-phobia' here. Wink
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
I'm confused by your sentence. I guess this is what you meant: don't mix up rationality and state of health, and we shouldn't qualify a political stance or attitude with the word "phobia". Am I right? Wink
I meant exactly that "political indifference is the most rational and healthy philosophy of life" and "it would be a big mistake to mix it up with any kind of phobia". Is that more clear? Wink

YONG wrote:
My New Year resolution has got anything to do with "politicophobia"?! Rolling Eyes
Of course, it has. Don't use epithets which may evoke negative emotions or associations. Wink
Post 09 Feb 2010, 13:54
YONG

YONG
MHajduk wrote:
political indifference is the most rational and healthy philosophy of life
My comrade, I respect your political stance and/or your philosophy of life. But you should understand that other people may have somewhat different stance and philosophy. Wink

MHajduk wrote:
Don't use epithets which may evoke negative emotions or associations.
Maybe I should just ignore these recent bad news:

(1) An old building (over 50 years old) suddenly collapsed and buried four people alive. Two were seriously injured.

(2) A woman threw her daughter off from the 7th floor of a shopping mall after quarrelling with her husband. She then jumped off, landed on the ground floor and died. The little girl was saved by a safety net.

(3) A falling suicide old woman landed on and killed a pedestrian.

Things like that happen every day. And we can't just turn a blind eye to them. Sad
Post 09 Feb 2010, 14:28
MHajduk

MHajduk
YONG wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
political indifference is the most rational and healthy philosophy of life
But you should understand that other people may have somewhat different stance and philosophy. Wink
I do understand it, that's why I'm not interested in political, religious or philosophical disputes. Wink

YONG wrote:
Maybe I should just ignore these recent bad news:

(1) An old building (over 50 years old) suddenly collapsed and buried four people alive. Two were seriously injured.

(2) A woman threw her daughter off from the 7th floor of a shopping mall after quarrelling with her husband. She then jumped off, landed on the ground floor and died. The little girl was saved by a safety net.

Things like that happen every day. And we can't just turn a blind eye to them. Sad
No, we can't ignore such facts. We have to learn how to prevent such events which may happen in the future. What caused collapse of that not-very-old building (only 50 years old)? Who is responsible? What caused such frustration of the average citizens and where were all those social workers when the family problems increased but yet were at the early stages (so fully solvable)? Etc., etc. Wink

I'm not "blind" to all these problems - I face it everyday. I'm also frustrated but I don't want to talk about it, because this forum isn't a proper place for doing any "vivisection". Wink

Last edited by MHajduk on 09 Feb 2010, 21:19; edited 1 time in total
Post 09 Feb 2010, 18:05
Borsuc

Borsuc
ManOfSteel wrote:
I don't know about that. I regularly visit a political forum and there are many members from everywhere in mainland China. Some are pro, others are anti.
A lot of posts, news, articles, etc. posted by non-Chinese members are clearly critical of the Chinese government and its policies. So I guess the forum is very subversive for Chinese visitors.
The Chinese members are still there after months of membership. And apparently, the website has never been blocked by the so-called Great Firewall.
Maybe they use an encrypted VPN tunnel to login and access the site?

YONG wrote:

Things like that happen every day.
Statistically speaking, those are nothing. 1.8 people die every second.

The thing is, there's 6 billion of us...

Post 09 Feb 2010, 20:16
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
life is a big damn joke.
Post 09 Feb 2010, 21:05

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: