flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Animations for captcha

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly

Last edited by LocoDelAssembly on 18 Jan 2010, 14:07; edited 1 time in total
Post 18 Jan 2010, 03:45
edfed

edfed
erf.

i have better idea than capcha.

a special virus option for hackers.
if a hacker try to hack a place, in return, this place will hack the hacker.
Post 18 Jan 2010, 12:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
r22

r22
@edfed, that's called "active cyber defense" and the US Government is persuing that exact option Very Happy With many new reasonably high paying jobs to boot.

Captcha for a highly traffic'd sites is a pretty big deal. You don't want to turn away users, but you don't want to be a haven for spammers (it's bad PR and makes your company look dysfunctional).

For small sites a simple captcha is usually enough to deter indexers, robots and automatic spam bots. But the big sites are fighting a losing battle against image recognition AI.

Google (I don't know if they were the first) started doing something pretty innovative, on account sign up; they ask for your Cell phone # and send you a text message with the activation code.
Post 18 Jan 2010, 13:45
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
edfed wrote:
a special virus option for hackers.
if a hacker try to hack a place, in return, this place will hack the hacker.
Good in theory, bad in practice. Imagine if some innocent user accidentally gets targeted with the virus, for some reason.

But what would you type in the box with this one? "horse", "human" or "running guy" or what?

Post 18 Jan 2010, 16:58
edfed

edfed
maybe you should draw it.

maybe a game can be interresting as a capcha.
where is charlie.

and then, clic on charlie.
Post 18 Jan 2010, 17:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
r22

r22
@edfed, I think your idea would be susceptible to the same Artificial Intelligence / trained network attacks as regular captcha's.
Although it would be fun to implement and easier on the user (unless that user was blind and needed an audio option).

Another picture based captcha could be telling the difference between a male or female. Since the solution in binary you would have to have N rounds of the game to weed out guessing.
Post 18 Jan 2010, 17:45
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Quote:

Another picture based captcha could be telling the difference between a male or female.

Well, something like that exists: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/asirra/ (but you're required to distinguish between dogs and cats).
Post 18 Jan 2010, 17:58
rCX

rCX
This is my favorite captcha. Simple but effective.
Post 19 Jan 2010, 03:04
windwakr

windwakr
rCX wrote:

That would be EXTREMELY easy for a bot to get past.

Post 19 Jan 2010, 04:03
edfed

edfed
the problem with computes and logic capcha is that IQ of machines is theorycally infinite, it depends on the code writen by the intelligence of a human/code.

then, maybe a completelly illogical capcha is a good way to do it securelly...

?

or a better idea, as capcha hackers are coders PAYED for their job, maybe we can mount capcha onto real IA based problems that science cannot solve because of money... Very Happy Laughing
then, we will have solutions for many problems like real vocal command, or real IA control for cars...

mouahahaharffff

[edit]
Smile

maybe a vocal capcha.
it is simple.

the voice will say:
wait tree seconds and write your nickname

with a background noise, music or a message in another language.

if capcha hackers solve it, then, they have THE ultimate voice recognition and speach analysis system.

[edit2]
if a person is intelligent, he/she will create the first really vocal capcha.
and waits for offers from companies to overcome that capcha.

if i was intelligent, i do so, but i am not ...Sad
Post 19 Jan 2010, 04:43
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Quote:

Code:
                    <td>Please copy the glyph below by checking the appropriate boxes on the right:<br /><style type="text/css">
.pic {
  width: 50px;
  height: 50px;
}

.pixel {
  width: 14px;
  height: 14px;
  display: table-cell;
  background: #000000;
  border: 1px solid #DFDFDF;
}

.clear {
  background: #FFFFFF;
}
</style>
<div class="pic">
<div class="pixel clear"> </div><div class="pixel"> </div><div class="pixel"> </div><div style="clear: both;"> </div><div class="pixel clear"> </div><div class="pixel clear"> </div><div class="pixel"> </div><div style="clear: both;"> </div><div class="pixel"> </div><div class="pixel"> </div><div class="pixel"> </div></div>    

Interesting, again the very same stupid idea I posted about recently but even easier to solve...
Post 19 Jan 2010, 14:49
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Simplistic CAPTCHAs are about flying under the radar of hackers/evil doers. If your site is a higher value target then you need higher quality CAPTCHAs. No need to go to military grade CAPTCHAs for your grandmas cooking recipe site. All the extra complexity of sophisticated CAPTCHAs will scare off the other grandmas visiting the site and create more overhead for the server. It is all a trade-off, like the rest of life.

Designing a "better" CAPTCHA is no easy task because everybody has their own idea about what "better" actually means. "Better" may mean easier to decode for humans if it is used in a low-traffic low-value site, or it might mean tricky for 'bots to decode on a high-traffic high-value site.

If your CAPTCHA is 100% unique and is only designed to stop spamming then a really simple CAPTCHA will probably be enough. It would by unlikely that spammers would be interested in investing effort to write a 'bot to solve it when it is only useful for one site with a small visitor coverage.
Post 19 Jan 2010, 14:59

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: