flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > a lady told me this

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
she said,
all men have some sort of motive when they treat a girl nice.

what you say?
Post 17 Dec 2009, 17:23
ass0

ass0
The rule is applied to general business, not just sex.

Post 17 Dec 2009, 17:34
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
all men have some sort of motive when they treat a girl nice.
In my opinion, it's just a question of the good manners.

But as I observed in the last two-three days telling something good is "suspicious" and even dangerous (for those, who want to be nice to other people). Yeah, this world is mad.
Post 17 Dec 2009, 17:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
yeah, i coincide, this world is mad.

but i guess most of the ladies aware of those motives when a man treat her nice.

where is the major difference when we treat animal nice compare to when we treat a girl nice? any idea?
Post 17 Dec 2009, 18:05
kohlrak

kohlrak
Well, the truth is, we don't always treat ladies nice for this or that, as some of us are really nice people. They themselves have motives for making that statement and believing it true. Rolling Eyes

It's a real shame that we men actually put up with that sort of an attitude, no? I honestly hate it when a woman tries to get what SHE wants by acknowledging that I'm a man. Usually seduction doesn't work, but it bothers me. Evil or Very Mad
Post 17 Dec 2009, 19:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
sleepsleep wrote:
what you say?

Pardon me in advance if you two are related and I will offend you in just about 250 milliseconds. She's either a sexist hypocrite or an ignorant idiot. Pick one.

Everyone has a motive when they do anything. Both men and women, in a particular context, act in a certain way toward each others.
If we're talking about *sexually-oriented relationships* here (as your post seems to imply), they'll both try to impress the other, in order to provoke an emotional response in the other. That's why a man will treat a woman nice or a woman will try to seduce a man. It's just two different means to a single end: they are both doing anything they can to maximize their chances of reproducing.
Post 17 Dec 2009, 19:40
ass0

ass0
Girls that follow the standards of beauty (i mean 90-60-90cm, big eyes, small nose, symmetric face and so on) are more attracted to powerful men (load of money or muscles xD) as like any other mammals they look for the best 'seed'.Image They don't care if their males treat them as bitches, in fact they will be more 'in love' in front an 'alpha male'.

By nature an alpha male who is worthy of the name can not conceive of marriage as a lifestyle. It's there when the 'gentlemen' join the market.ImageImageImage

There you have young padawan sleepsleep. (u.u)

Post 17 Dec 2009, 21:21
kohlrak

kohlrak
Well, women don't seem to follow the laws of nature, anyway. In nature, only men look for every partner he can find. The women only find men in mating season, and some are actually faithful. Laughing
Post 18 Dec 2009, 00:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
ManOfSteel wrote:
It's just two different means to a single end: they are both doing anything they can to maximize their chances of reproducing.
Bro, we ain't livin' in the stone ages no more.

Post 18 Dec 2009, 00:48
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
Borsuc wrote:
ManOfSteel wrote:
It's just two different means to a single end: they are both doing anything they can to maximize their chances of reproducing.
Bro, we ain't livin' in the stone ages no more.

Eh? I ain't gonna buy that stone shit, bro. Wink

Why do you believe this has anything to do with "stone ages"? Do you really think "modernism" magically changed the genes that program the endocrine glands that secrete the hormones that give us our sexual drive and play with our emotions, and in consequence affect our behavior toward the opposite sex? We human beings are highly-evolved animals, the keyword here being animal. Do you honestly think we can ever transcend our nature as replicating beings? No, we would've gone extinct a veeeery long time ago.
Even though giving birth is not a particularly pleasant activity for women they still get pregnant. Is it only because they're big fans of those cute little things that come out 9 months later and poop and cry 24/7? Women must be real masochists then. Rolling Eyes

As an example of my original idea, women near ovulation involuntarily undergo an emotional change, a self-perception change, an increase of sexual motivation and desire, they choose more provocative clothing and even dance more provocatively. Hah!
Post 18 Dec 2009, 08:58
Borsuc

Borsuc
You are joking right?

Here's a few "modern" things (not even modern in concept) that go against your evolutionary primitive reproductive model:

1) any social concept
2) abortion
3) any birth-preventing mechanism
4) voluntary castration

To me, evolutionary explanations like yours always are preceeded by a "loose" explanation (i.e not exact), but truthfully that makes them like zodiac predictions: out of a lot of wrong guesses, it's only the correct few that count. Doesn't convince me. Rolling Eyes

But have no worries I guess you probably know better how the women who have an abortion (i.e did not want a baby) "subconsciously" think when they want to attract a man -- that they want to reproduce. Great, you know better than them.

Post 18 Dec 2009, 16:06
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Why have sex if you don't want to have children?

Why have children if all they do is poop and cry 24/7?
Post 18 Dec 2009, 16:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
revolution wrote:
I know, pretty irrational if you think about that, but people still thirst for pleasure. (I'm against that principle myself, I prefer mental-happiness not drugs Wink)

Then there are people who pursue a relationship and don't care about sex, so what is their evolutionary reason? Smile

revolution wrote:
Some people like kids, but I think having kids is a bad idea right now, there's too many who don't have parents and could be adopted, not to mention overpopulation. But some people are too selfish literally. Mad

Post 18 Dec 2009, 16:21
ass0

ass0
revolution wrote:

I don't know if Borgs know the meaning of pleasure, but the 'pleasure of sex' in mammals is a genetic instrument for 'species preservation' and besides humans, dolphins do giggity giggity for fun also.

revolution wrote:

'Species preservation'.

And about abortion, sure some women do it, they have their reasons (rape, clinical cases and so on) but the nature is so strong that most of them suffer even more after the abortion, 'cause the need of babies is programmed in their minds as rootkits...

Post 18 Dec 2009, 17:20
Borsuc

Borsuc
ass0 wrote:
I don't know if Borgs know the meaning of pleasure, but the 'pleasure of sex' in mammals is a genetic instrument for 'species preservation' and besides humans, dolphins do giggity giggity for fun also.
I don't think anyone singled out humans Razz

ass0 wrote:
'Species preservation'.
Just how many people did you ask and said this to you, that it's why they decided to have kids? Rolling Eyes

Post 18 Dec 2009, 17:58
ass0

ass0
Huh? Then why did your parents made you Borsuc? =D

Post 18 Dec 2009, 18:16
Borsuc

Borsuc
ass0 wrote:
Huh? Then why did your parents made you Borsuc? =D
Sometimes they wish they didn't Razz
In all seriousness I don't know, but I'm positive they didn't do it "for the human species" Laughing

Post 18 Dec 2009, 19:27
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
I originally argued that we all have our own motivations and, in *certain* cases I said, they are sexually-oriented, and that women could involuntarily be more inclined to copulate at that specific period when they are the most likely to get pregnant. All this has already been proven scientifically.
I'm encountering some serious difficulties finding the link between what I said and what you posted supposedly as a counter-argument. As for comparing it to arsetrology, please give me a break.

And yes, human females have occasionally tried to avoid pregnancy for as long as anthropological studies can go back in time. Nothing new here and no condoms or IUD were necessary back then. But it is not the rule or, as I already said, we would've gone extinct long ago.

What's wrong with recreational sex? Aside from the one-night stands with total strangers, which are most probably much more rare on the overall than erotic and pop fiction want us to think they are, recreational sex is yet another way to socialize and create bonds. It's just a little more intimate than other means. And both partners may very well be seeking and selecting the most suitable and attractive mate(s) for future relationships.

Borsuc wrote:
Then there are people who pursue a relationship and don't care about sex, so what is their evolutionary reason?

As always, you're taking specific examples -- exceptions -- to explain (or refute) the rule, but then *you* accuse *me* of doing just that. Childless couples are a western fad specific to the last few decades, i.e. an absolutely meaningless "twist" on the Homo sapiens evolutionary scale. They're not the rule worldwide at all... or we would be extinct in a few decades. Hmm, that's getting a bit repetitive.

Borsuc wrote:
I think having kids is a bad idea right now, [...] not to mention overpopulation

We need 2.1 child per couple for a stable population and a sustainable replacement. In many western countries there are very low birth rates. "Young" populations will eventually take over the passive "old" ones and restore the equilibrium.

Borsuc wrote:
but I'm positive they didn't do it "for the human species"

They don't really need to. It's the "zodiac prediction" from my above post that took care of it and got them together in the first place.
Post 18 Dec 2009, 23:40
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

Pardon me in advance if you two are related and I will offend you in just about 250 milliseconds. She's either a sexist hypocrite or an ignorant idiot. Pick one.

she is my housemate but now not anymore.

Quote:

sex because the pleasure felt could probably be one of the top 3 while we are on earth.

and most parent whom i spoke with sort of rootkit"ed" to believe the idea of having children is to let them take care of them after they are old.

maybe they are silly, because we couldn't predict what would happen tomorrow, but some of them told me, they are positive that if they raise their children with love and bla bla bla, their kids will treat them nice after they getting old.

but imo, beyond lust, what we probably could see is true love or true friendship. like when you treat a girl / a guy nice, it just because you are incline to do so, to make s(he) happy.
Post 19 Dec 2009, 05:15
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Imagine a population where all adults decided to remove the having-children-rootkit. And so no one has children anymore, contraceptive sales soar and things are great for a while. But then what happens when the last female reaches menopause and no more children are possible. Who looks after things? And of course the most major problem is extinction. If it weren't for certain inbuilt compulsions to have children then the human race would die out within ~100 years.

As for motivations behind certain behaviours, I expect it is true. Men often have desires to have sex with women (and vice-versa also, of course). Nothing basically wrong with that. And treating someone in a nice way in order to increase one's chances of fulfilling a desire is perfectly natural. Why should it be a bad thing?
Post 19 Dec 2009, 05:27

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: