flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > what to do for those ugly, crazy, disabled ..

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
was thinking this question lately,
how is life for those who are deaf, ugly, mute, disabled and so on.
people always choose those who perfect, or near perfect, but how bout those who are old, fat, ugly, disabled.

of course nobody want to be not perfect, but nobody get a chance to choose what life is right, so, how bout them?

idk if i pity them or what, well, i am not perfect also..
and nobody is perfect.

sigh.
Post 12 Dec 2009, 11:56
Artlav

Artlav
If you're around them, don't make them feel miserable.
If you're one of them, don't let yourself feel miserable.
Post 12 Dec 2009, 13:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep, in my opinion, there, in the properly built society is always place for every human being. You may ask "why?" and I'll answer this way: "Because every human being is unique, has unique talents (most often hidden and unconscious). We should only help those people to discover their power. You haven't to be perfect to be part of society." Wink

Perfect example confirming this thesis is one of my favorite scientists living in our times, physicist Stephen Hawking, author of the famous book "A Brief History of Time".
Artlav wrote:
Well said. Very condensed and thoughtful answer. Smile
Post 12 Dec 2009, 19:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
Quote:
You haven't to be perfect to be part of society

you don't have to be part of the society to be happy.

coluche wrote:
god wrote:
people can be ugly, little or black and life will be hard for everybody
and some of them will be ugly, little and black, life will be harder for them
Laughing

Post 12 Dec 2009, 20:00
MHajduk

MHajduk
edfed wrote:
Really? Who is strong enough to live completely alone? What will happen to you on the desert island when you'll have a toothache, for example? Wink Very common disease may just kill you in such situation.
Post 12 Dec 2009, 20:09
edfed

edfed
Quote:
Who is strong enough to live completely alone

society =! people & friends.

society is the system, not the people inside it.

without society, people still exists, and are still ugly, little, or black.
but without society, people just do what they like to do. not what a society tell them to do.
Post 12 Dec 2009, 20:57
MHajduk

MHajduk
edfed wrote:
society is the system, not the people inside it.
If you don't like the word "society" you can replace it with other word which has similar meaning, for example "community". Maybe my first post in this thread will be more understandable then. Wink

But, from the other hand, I've used word "society" in its extended meaning. See the first two sentences from the article describing term "society":
Wikipedia wrote:
Society or human society is the manner or condition in which the members of a community live together for their mutual benefit. By extension, society denotes the people of a region or country, sometimes even the world, taken as a whole.
Wink
Post 12 Dec 2009, 21:33
edfed

edfed
i'd prefer the word humanity.
society have more a political meaning.
and community too.

in humanity, everybody have a place.(you just have to be a human)
in community, only interrested people have a place into.
in society, only formated people have a place.
Post 12 Dec 2009, 22:16
kohlrak

kohlrak
Well, let's put it this way. The you have a harder time making friends or special friends, the happier you will be if or when you make them.
Post 13 Dec 2009, 01:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

cool.!!

edfed,
that picture looks awesome COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

i agree with this, in a sense, he would needs to be really intelligent in order to self-supply, eg, building his own robots, repair and task them to produce his supplies. it is absolutely possible to live alone, but you either need "magics or robots.

humanity is a nice concept, this should inserted into the money-less society thread.
Post 13 Dec 2009, 12:59
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
MHajduk wrote:
Who is strong enough to live completely alone? What will happen to you on the desert island when you'll have a toothache, for example? Wink Very common disease may just kill you in such situation.
Reminds me of the movie "Cast Away".
Post 13 Dec 2009, 13:08
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

"Because every human being is unique, has unique talents (most often hidden and unconscious). We should only help those people to discover their power. You haven't to be perfect to be part of society."

i totally agree with your statement.
but our current society, world don't view them this way.

but does those who fugly, disabled or etc - attributes feel miserable??????
or it just because how we view them compare to ourself? we felt they are lacking, poor, ignorant?
Post 13 Dec 2009, 13:13
Borsuc

Borsuc
sleepsleep wrote:
or it just because how we view them compare to ourself? we felt they are lacking, poor, ignorant?
It's always in comparison to something else, sleepsleep. You don't know what 6 arms could do in your life, or directly seeing in X-Rays or other things... and you don't feel yourself lacking, poor, ignorant, because there's nothing to which you can compare to (remember: not necessarily other humans, but the environment around you as well).

For example, if you were living in a gravity-less environment you would find your legs somewhat useless and feel a bit poor and lacking for not having natural thrusters. Razz

Post 13 Dec 2009, 16:28
roboman

roboman
Re: what to do for those ugly, crazy, disabled ..

There is an old saying, that I can almost remember, that goes something like:
When people come to harm you, fight them. When they come to help, you need to flee.

It's just reasonable to make reasonable accommodations for the different levels of abilities different people have. As a group it's in our best interest, and moral (if you are of that mind set), to take care of those who can not possibly take care of them self or to provide the basic tools to those who just need those tools to be functional. Other then that, I'm for letting people be people and letting them find their place in the world.
Post 13 Dec 2009, 17:46

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: