flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > I'll be darned if the ASM community hasn't changed much...

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
rhyno_dagreat

rhyno_dagreat
Well, I've been rather busy recently with multiple things (girlfriend, work, etc.), but I decided to stop by again to say hello and possibly get back into all of this. I swear, a lot of the old QB and ASM sites I used to go to are down/ discontinued now. Also whatever happened to 256b.com?

It's good to see many faces around here are the same though. Very Happy
Post 29 Nov 2009, 21:02
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
Welcome back.

There was a thread about 256b recently.

The wind blows, people come and go, but the Old Guard is still here, hehe.
Post 29 Nov 2009, 21:34
rhyno_dagreat

rhyno_dagreat
Hehe, thanks man! And I'm gonna check that out. Right now I'm killing some time 'cause my girlfriend is with her family today and I'm waiting on an old Windows 95 install (trying to get it to work) for my dad.
Post 29 Nov 2009, 21:36
rhyno_dagreat

rhyno_dagreat
Eek... I read edfed's post, and maybe we can archive this stuff somewhere for future generations.

BTW, do you know if FASM can work with multicore architectures now, or still just single-processor cores?
Post 29 Nov 2009, 21:40
f0dder

f0dder
rhyno_dagreat wrote:
Eek... I read edfed's post, and maybe we can archive this stuff somewhere for future generations.

BTW, do you know if FASM can work with multicore architectures now, or still just single-processor cores?
What woudl stop fasm from working with multicore? I've never had a problem, neither on dualcore nor my current quadcore.

If you mean utilizing multiple cores, that's a different thing altogether - but since fasm is blazingly fast already, I don't see much value from threading it Smile

Post 29 Nov 2009, 21:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Azu

Azu
rhyno_dagreat wrote:

The compiler can only use one core, but everything compiles so fast in FASM so who cares?

If you mean the resultant code.. I think you'll have to call an OS function if you want to use more than one core. FASM can't do anything about this.

Post 29 Nov 2009, 21:58
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
hi there Smile
Post 29 Nov 2009, 22:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
rCX

rCX
Welcome back! As for QB, even qbtop50.com has been discontinued and the QB express magazine has been dormant. On the bright side, FreeBASIC is still around and QB64 has made a lot of progress.
Post 30 Nov 2009, 00:19
Borsuc

Borsuc
Azu wrote:
rhyno_dagreat wrote:

The compiler can only use one core, but everything compiles so fast in FASM so who cares?
Maybe it should be called Fast Assembler Wink

Post 30 Nov 2009, 19:48

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: