flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > the flaw of "Equality" philosopy

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
jack2

jack2
I hear way too much about "Equality" nowadays, it sickens me.
look, when the universe came into existence trough the "Big Bang" there was "Equality" -> "Chaos", it was by separating the different elements and putting order of these elements that the world as we know exists.
and yet too many people want everybody treated as "Equal", it is a misguided philosophy, as Thomas Jefferson said "There is nothing more unequal, than the equal treatment of unequal people"
look, even Hell and Heaven have different divisions, I know, you don't believe in Hell or Heaven, but look at it from a logical perspective.
but I know my rant is in vain, I might have better luck telling you to hold your breath.
but I ask of you, think before you embrace a philosophy.
Post 27 Nov 2009, 21:11
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

even Hell and Heaven have different divisions

haven't been to there yet, so, not much idea bout those divisions.

what is equal, how to equal when human are different (elite vs idiot).
should all human be treated equal, no prejudice, no status, no fame, all equal? how about animals? kill them for food? they want to live and don't want to feel pain also.

btw, is your equality philosophy somehow is communism? am not very clear with equality philosophy.
Post 28 Nov 2009, 02:11
jack2

jack2
we humans are on varying degrees of evolution, we should respect each other but especially those above you, I admire some people of fame because of their dedication to excellence and strength of character, as to the unfortunate "idiots", you treat them with kindness, you never know what karma brought them to their present situation.
I for one like to treat animals with kindness and prefer not to eat them, and of course they want to live and feel pain.
communism in this stage of our evolution is not good, because there are too many lazy people that will live off the labor of others.
Post 28 Nov 2009, 02:45
Azu

Azu
jack2 wrote:
I hear way too much about "Equality" nowadays, it sickens me.
look, when the universe came into existence trough the "Big Bang" there was "Equality" -> "Chaos", it was by separating the different elements and putting order of these elements that the world as we know exists.
and yet too many people want everybody treated as "Equal", it is a misguided philosophy, as Thomas Jefferson said "There is nothing more unequal, than the equal treatment of unequal people"
look, even Hell and Heaven have different divisions, I know, you don't believe in Hell or Heaven, but look at it from a logical perspective.
but I know my rant is in vain, I might have better luck telling you to hold your breath.
but I ask of you, think before you embrace a philosophy.
Something on a low-level, universal scale can not be compared to something as high-level and localized as humans.

Judging people on permanent attributes they were born with is unfair since they can do nothing about it.

jack2 wrote:
we humans are on varying degrees of evolution, we should respect each other but especially those above you, I admire some people of fame because of their dedication to excellence and strength of character, as to the unfortunate "idiots", you treat them with kindness, you never know what karma brought them to their present situation.
I for one like to treat animals with kindness and prefer not to eat them, and of course they want to live and feel pain.
communism in this stage of our evolution is not good, because there are too many lazy people that will live off the labor of others.
Oops. I thought this topic was about equality of gender/race/sexual orientation.

Two solutions, one to the problem you mentioned, one to another commonly mentioned;
1) Only let people be part of the commune if they contribute as much as they take.
2) Don't force people to be a part of it.

Post 28 Nov 2009, 03:24
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
Azu wrote:
Oops. I thought this topic was about equality of gender/race/sexual orientation.
Actually those are not equal and everyone who says so is blind. What is/should be equal are rights for the different "groups".

But whoever says female=male should study some biology Smile

Post 28 Nov 2009, 04:13
Azu

Azu
Borsuc wrote:
What is/should be equal are rights for the different "groups".
That's the implied definition of the common phrases "gender equality", "race equality", etc.

Post 28 Nov 2009, 04:15
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

we should respect each other but especially those above you, I admire some people of fame because of their dedication to excellence and strength of character

i agree that we should respect each other.
but what i tend to see is, most of the "elite" are somehow over killed by their own ego. and most of them too, tend to not realize about this.

Quote:

i am thinking what if somehow we are able to utilize technology to create abundance of resources for every population on earth.

think about the opensource idea, it is very good, even there are free and many application available on sourceforge, but people still keep on buying ms products and etc. so win win situation, you can still do business and those who cannot afford can use something free.

in our scenario, some food are available free, but if you want special or something ms like food, you need to pay. i think it is quite logic to have a society that works this way. Idea
Post 28 Nov 2009, 08:21
Azu

Azu
sleepsleep wrote:
Quote:

i am thinking what if somehow we are able to utilize technology to create abundance of resources for every population on earth.

think about the opensource idea, it is very good, even there are free and many application available on sourceforge, but people still keep on buying ms products and etc. so win win situation, you can still do business and those who cannot afford can use something free.

in our scenario, some food are available free, but if you want special or something ms like food, you need to pay. i think it is quite logic to have a society that works this way. Idea
Except that free food isn't usually better than expensive food. But other then that, good analogy.

Post 28 Nov 2009, 08:25
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
sleepsleep wrote:
is your equality philosophy somehow is communism?

The modern concept of equality was brought by the bourgeois revolutions of the eighteenth century, mainly the American and French revolutions.
Where did you get the idea that (Marxist-Leninist) communism promotes equality?
Post 28 Nov 2009, 11:08
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
Borsuc wrote:
But whoever says female=male should study some biology Smile

That's confusing the societal concept of equality (as equivalence) with mathematical quantitative/abstract identity/sameness (e.g. a=b).
Post 28 Nov 2009, 11:14
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
sleepsleep wrote:

We already have that. You can *always* scavenge some untouched/unopened/uneaten food from restaurants and supermarkets dumpsters. Many people have been doing this lately... for some reason.
Post 28 Nov 2009, 11:27
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

The modern concept of equality was brought by the bourgeois revolutions of the eighteenth century, mainly the American and French revolutions.
Where did you get the idea that (Marxist-Leninist) communism promotes equality?

actually, i don't know where i got that idea from, but somehow i "thought" communism promotes some sort of equality. will try to read about bourgeois revolutions later. thanks.

Quote:

We already have that. You can *always* scavenge some untouched/unopened/uneaten food from restaurants and supermarkets dumpsters. Many people have been doing this lately... for some reason.

but that isn't the same as open source food.
at least debian / freebsd are not something that you can find in dumpsters. we want free food, but we want dignity too.

my uncle thought me this.
if somebody throw money to you on desk, then you pick up the money and throw it on the floor. basic idea is, pick up the money and re throw it Smile cool right!!
Post 28 Nov 2009, 15:24
Azu

Azu
Actually the whole free food analogy is wrong.

A better one would be recipes.

Free food would be more analogous to closed-source shareware than OSS.

p.s.
Also, a piece of thrown out food can cost a lot of money.

Post 28 Nov 2009, 15:28
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
maybe OSS food is more like.

free ingredients, free recipes, free tools, free cooker, free robot hour to cook, and then finally free food. (from start to end).

i think is somehow an oss developer open up a cafe, he would serves debian cookies, apache fried rice, firefox cola. lol.

equality become harder because somehow we felt maybe guy A doesn't deserve it because of what we perceive about him.

maybe until world gets enough love.
Post 28 Nov 2009, 15:58

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: