flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > UFO, time to forget about god & religion.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
they are here and keep getting closer with us.
anyone really follow ufo? saw them before.
Post 02 Nov 2009, 16:51
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
There was a reality TV show about 'em years ago. They also produced two documentaries in 1998 and 2008. It was called The X-Files, IIRC. Pretty convincing IMO.
Post 02 Nov 2009, 17:00
windwakr

windwakr
@Borsuc: Ruined what? Smile
At first I couldn't tell whether manofsteel was serious or not.

But back on topic. No, I do not believe in UFO's or Aliens.

Last edited by windwakr on 02 Nov 2009, 19:48; edited 3 times in total
Post 02 Nov 2009, 17:23
Borsuc

Borsuc
@ManOfSteel: Brilliant Laughing

windwakr you just ruined the joke. Smile

Post 02 Nov 2009, 19:26
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
windwakr: even if your post turned out not to be as you wish it to be, please don't edit past posts to ruin thread for those who come later. It doesn't matter so much in threads like this as in real threads, but still..
Post 02 Nov 2009, 22:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
i believe in aliens, i'm one of them.
Post 02 Nov 2009, 23:47
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dosin

dosin
I believe:

They have:
Space ships
buses that fly in the sky
advanced technology
They have the power to destroy and entire city or a world.
The send robots to explore other worlds..
The take from the lands and seas
They can build buildings that reach the heavens
....ect..

The Human Race... Is the universes 1st real aliens to all other species! Evil or Very Mad

Quote:
anyone really follow ufo? saw them before.

Everyday if you include us..

But one day when I was young.. We were driving down the street at night and a circular light surounded the car.. it was above us.. but there were no plains or helecopters in the air.. not sure if alien- but weird..
Post 03 Nov 2009, 01:14
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
if alien exists,what is their purpose, to spread religion?? Hehehehe.
To bring yahawasu back on earth..
What if those alien declare they made up the whole religion stuffs,that is deadly blow to most believer.
Hope we could get in touch with alien in our lifespan,that would be really interesting.
Post 03 Nov 2009, 08:31
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
What if those alien declare they made up the whole religion stuffs,that is deadly blow to most believer.
I doubt it. True believers will continue to believe no matter what others (alien or not) say. Just have faith and no one can stop you believing.
Post 03 Nov 2009, 09:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
sleepsleep wrote:
...What if those alien declare they made up the whole religion stuffs,that is deadly blow to most believer.
1. What if humans declare they concocted the entire religious apparatus?
2. Did the obvious forgery/fraud associated with the claim of Mormons, to have found gold tablets buried in North America, prevent any of the current Mormons from continuing with their faith?
sleepsleep wrote:
Hope we could get in touch with alien in our lifespan,that would be really interesting.
1. even supposing the existence of alien life forms, how would they travel to meet us, and how would they communicate with us? The idea of getting "in touch" with alien life forms seems to me rather utopian.
2. However, right here on good old planet earth, we have an interesting communication challenge: how can we communicate with our closest relatives, the Orangutangs of Indonesia and the Chimpanzees and Gorillas of Africa? Maybe we ought to figure out a way to communicate with exotic creatures sharing 95% of our genome, before undertaking the more lofty challenge of communicating with a life form having 0% match to our DNA?
Post 03 Nov 2009, 10:15
kohlrak

kohlrak
an alien might not even have DNA... Anyway, the first difficulty with speaking with the various forms of monkeys is that only the band ever really had something to say.
Post 03 Nov 2009, 10:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Wonderful article tom! Even though I knew chimps are evolved enough to have "words", I never would never think they also already can do simple syntax.
Post 03 Nov 2009, 11:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Thank you Martin, I first read about Washoe in the late 1960's, and I have been interested in the fascinating subject of animal intelligence ever since.

This one is quite impressive, if one thinks of ducks, as I do, as being "dumb" animals: How she led the policeman to free her trapped ducklings is quite an amazing accomplishment....

Three of my all time favorite stories of animal intelligence:

1. A Crow, yeah, we think of them as just noisy, and of course, the subject of a wonderful poem by my fellow alcoholic hero, Edgar Allen Poe, however, crows are genuinely brilliant at problem solving. One of my favorite videos, sorry, I don't remember the link, shows a crow fashioning a hook from a piece of straight wire, and then lowering the hook, holding it in his beak, down the hole, inserting the hook shaped wire into a hole in the container, and then lifting the container up, out of the hole, to retrieve the tasty morsel contained therein. Unbelievable.

And here's a couple of remarkable invertebrate stories:

2. Nobel Prize winning scientist Karl von Frisch discovered how honeybees wiggle their abdomen to communicate the location of a source of nectar for the hive.

3. Maybe the all time best ever:
An octopus. Who would have thought it possible?
Sorry, I don't have the link to this video either. The Octopus is sitting in a marine biology laboratory, and a camera is watching the whole lab, day and night. The lab has several aquaria, some with crabs, some with oysters, some with mussels, and one with a solitary octopus .....
All of the aquaria have the same design, with a glass cover elevated about 3 centimeters above the surface, to permit gas exchange with the room.
The octopus squeezed out of his aquarium, marched down the table to the floor, ambulated three meters to the table adjacent, climbed up the table, and squeezed into the aquarium holding the crabs, ate one crab, and then returned to his own aquarium, with a look of total innocence!

Smile
Post 04 Nov 2009, 10:49
YONG

YONG
tom tobias wrote:
One of my favorite videos, sorry, I don't remember the link, shows a crow fashioning a hook from a piece of straight wire, and then lowering the hook, holding it in his beak, down the hole, inserting the hook shaped wire into a hole in the container, and then lifting the container up, out of the hole, to retrieve the tasty morsel contained therein.
tom, you're so knowledgeable!!! Razz

Here is the link.

Wink
Post 05 Nov 2009, 11:49
kohlrak

kohlrak
Eh, i'm seeing lots of videos showing crows being intellegent, but i want to see the crow fail to get something, go find some wire to make the hook, then attempt to get the thing. Or a like the video about crows dropping nuts onto the road and waiting for cars to hit them. Looks to me like a crow flies, drops a nut, and someone else throws it onto the road for them (for sake of easy documentary).
Post 05 Nov 2009, 20:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
mars rover brought up many "weird" pictures from mars.
skull on mars.
ufo on mars sky.
and many weird pics.

if they exists and so smart, what the hell they want from us?
Post 10 Nov 2009, 16:35
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
1. suggested reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_on_Mars#.22Face_on_Mars.22_and_.22pyramids.22

2. What UFO on Mars sky? Haven't heard about that one.
Post 10 Nov 2009, 17:25
kohlrak

kohlrak
20 meters a pixel... That thing must be a behemoth... I can't see aliens only building a head, especially if they felt the person was important enough... Unless, of course, the head was all there was of the person. Laughing
Post 10 Nov 2009, 17:41
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Post 10 Nov 2009, 18:28
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i found this there, quite reasonable answer i said.

http://www.disclosureproject.org/bassiorinterview.htm

What do our extraterrestrial visitors want?

I think they're waiting for us to grow up and quit destroying Earth and each other. That may be the entry requirement for joining the interplanetary club, and we're just not there yet. That's the biggest challenge for the human race.
Post 10 Nov 2009, 18:59

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: