flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > spiritual and science,are they connected?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i somehow lack of information on,
Is science and spritual realm connected and verified by scientist?
Post 25 Sep 2009, 23:08
ass0

ass0
Neurotransmitters explain everything.
Post 25 Sep 2009, 23:42
windwakr

windwakr
Post 25 Sep 2009, 23:56
ass0

ass0
Spiritual -> relative to spirit
Spirit -> the non-physical part of a person which is the seat of emotions and character. (From Concise Oxford English Dictionary).

Spirit also is what (we xD) the scientists call personality, and emotions are part of it.

Neurotransmitters explain everything about emotions. But how? and 'wtf a neurotransmitter is?'.

When you put a red glass before the light beam of a flashlight, you get a red light 'transmission', with a blue glass you will get a blue light transmission. The shades of red and blue can be compared with the sensations and emotions, the glass is the transmitter and the light beam is thought.

Some neurotransmitters transmit thought of positive feelings, happiness or euphoric, some thoughts transmit mood relaxed, quiet and reserved, some transmit thought in a state explosive, highly motivated, intense and focused, and so on.

e.g. Acetylcholine is responsible for the excitability, meanwhile Serotonin can suppress the appetite and sexual desire.

There are more than 300 neurotransmitters known up to date.
Post 26 Sep 2009, 04:39
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
Is science and sp[i]ritual realm connected and verified by scientist?
Sure it is. I see many scientist going into the liquor store to buy stuff. Even scientists can party, why would you doubt it?

Twisted Evil
Post 26 Sep 2009, 04:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Is science and spritual realm connected and verified by scientist?

Yeah, I am not aware of any part of what we call "spiritual", that couldn't be affected by affecting the material part of body. Usual apology is that the conciousness needs BOTH material and spiritual part, the latter can't work without former (which would mean answer to your question is still yes), but that presupposes existence of something non-material relevant to our consciousness. As far as I know, there is no evidence for consciousness being product of anything else than our material body, and there are some serious indicators against such hypothesis - particulary that if such non-material part of consciousness would need to affect material world, and so we would have to observe some breach of determinism (or quantum randomness, Borsuc). We haven't observed that so far.
Post 26 Sep 2009, 13:05
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
I wonder if sleepsleep considers Dark Matter spiritual, hmm...

And a spiritual plane that follows some formulas that we obviously don't know doesn't necessarily mean it would be a breach of determinism, although probably people wouldn't call it spiritual anymore but just some sort of "dark mysterious energy" Laughing
Post 26 Sep 2009, 18:18
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Borsuc: wow, probably the first time I agree with you... Shocked

But my guess would be sleepsleep didn't study black matter enough to form an opinion.
Post 26 Sep 2009, 18:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Quote:

But my guess

I can't believe it!!! Smile
Post 26 Sep 2009, 18:43
revolution

revolution
LocoDelAssembly wrote:
Quote:

But my guess

Cheeky. But vid did say "black matter" instead of "dark matter" so that makes up for it. Just my quess. Razz
Post 26 Sep 2009, 18:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
Well to be fair, Dark matter/energy does seem very "spiritualish" since we don't know anything about it, we only know its effects -- so it would be similar to a ghost in a haunted house (except that in the latter, only "few people" observe it Laughing).

Post 26 Sep 2009, 19:28
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
LocoDelAssembly wrote:

I was writing that from FireFox, and it highlighted my error. Laughing

Quote:
Well to be fair, Dark matter/energy does seem very "spiritualish" since we don't know anything about it, we only know its effects -- so it would be similar to a ghost in a haunted house (except that in the latter, only "few people" observe it ).

I wouldn't say so... In my view it is the extreme materialism, because only evidence (sort of) for it are some complicated measures and computations needed to fill in unexplained gravitation. But that is just matter of point of view, of course.
Post 26 Sep 2009, 19:59
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

Neurotransmitters explain everything.

cool.
Quote:

But my guess would be sleepsleep didn't study black matter enough to form an opinion.

so true, i only study white matter... hehe

if eventually, we found out that, spiritual doesn't exists, it just material and science could exactly know where we gone after we die because of old body, sickness and etc... perhaps religion would collapsed forever. or science success to separate material and spirtual (soul), maybe only then we would know what we don't know.

perhaps we should all put more faith on science rather than religion.
Post 27 Sep 2009, 17:49
Borsuc

Borsuc
Faith in science is a religion Wink

science deals with predictions, not with "faith". If you put faith in scientists or authority, it's no different than putting faith in priests...
Post 27 Sep 2009, 19:06
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
If you put faith in scientists or authority, it's no different than putting faith in priests...

Besides the latter having much worse history of being wrong, I basically agree with you.

Quote:
and science could exactly know where we gone after we die because of old body, sickness and etc...

"we" according to current state of science is some set of processes in our brain. Once we die, these processes stop, and there no longer is any "we".
Post 28 Sep 2009, 14:30
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

"we" according to current state of science is some set of processes in our brain. Once we die, these processes stop, and there no longer is any "we".

that is 101% impossible.
because we sleep (sort of non-exists, but still dream) and we woke up in after resting enough.
Post 28 Sep 2009, 15:42
revolution

revolution
Sleep != death
Post 28 Sep 2009, 15:48
edfed

edfed
sleep is very strange indead.
your body lives and repair itself, but your consiousness is somewhere else.
sometimes, it is inexistant, like a little death and you wake up like if you were in a time teleporter.
sometimes, dreams are like an other life, in another world.
sometimes, dreams are very interresting, and you are sad to return to reality.

what do you prefer?
to dream or not to dream?
Post 28 Sep 2009, 16:35
Borsuc

Borsuc
Well "conscience" is abstract and no one figured it out precisely why we HAVE it, so dreams can be considered "in another world", as far as your conscience is concerned anyway.

Post 28 Sep 2009, 16:40
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

Sleep != death

i know sleep isn't death.
where the breath comes from, and what makes our heart keeps on pumping. and if a person dead already for hours, and somehow, we try artificially pump his heart and circulate his blood using watever technology, would this make him alive?

Quote:

what do you prefer?
to dream or not to dream?

i preffer conscious dream. dream in aay that i still could think, conscious.
Post 28 Sep 2009, 16:46

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: