flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > should i lend money to people?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
idk if this is a silly question.
But having such situation came into my life so frequently,i started wondering if i am a fool.
I am not loan shark btw,just i usually try to help if people (friends) request,and that amount is something that i could afford at tat time,but 90%, their payments are like,how to say,shit worse than hell.

So,their attitude actually shift my mind not to be a helpful person,i was despair by their attitude and this prompt me wanted to protect myself.

Lately i event got post dated cheque till end of october by my client who said he will pay cash during the time he order.shit,,

So,i wish to hear u guys opinions,should i keep on helping? If yes,what should i do in order to protect myself from late payment,no money, no payment, i pay u together next month...and etc.

If no, then what the best way to reject them?
Post 25 Sep 2009, 14:52
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
For friends, I think the problem is that you are expecting to get it back. Lending money to friends is not actually lending, it is giving it away. If you do get it back then you should think of it as a bonus rather than an expectation.

If it is a business related lending (a client post dated cheque etc.) then get them to borrow from a bank. Banks are in the business of loaning money, so unless you are a bank then perhaps you should just say no.
Post 25 Sep 2009, 15:05
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
Why would you tell them to loan from a bank? You can get a nice interest if you do it with a contract!
Post 25 Sep 2009, 16:21
asmfan

asmfan
Lend once and your friendship will depend on money you want back and someone must be in time of returning.
Relatively other stuff - can't remember when I be in time in returning smth.) like disks/books/etc. but it's mutual.
Post 25 Sep 2009, 18:12
Borsuc

Borsuc
sleepsleep wrote:
"I'm not in a very good situation right now, I don't think I can borrow you any." Razz

Post 25 Sep 2009, 18:14
roboman

roboman
sleepsleep wrote:
So,i wish to hear u guys opinions,should i keep on helping? If yes,what should i do in order to protect myself from late payment,no money, no payment, i pay u together next month...and etc.

If it's a friend, and I can afford it, I loan it to them, never ask about it, and as above, figure it's a bonus if I get it back. If it's just some one I know, I get collateral and never give them a hard time about repayment. Being a bill collector sucks and it's not what I want to spend my time or energy on.

How to reject them, simple, honesty. If It's to much, I tell them I can't afford to loan them that much right now. If they didn't pay me back last time, I tell them, no, you didn't pay me back last time.
Post 26 Sep 2009, 05:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

Being a bill collector sucks and it's not what I want to spend my time or energy on.

so true, it seems like i am the borrower at the time i ask my money back. shit like hell.

i guess i know how to do, this is precious life learning experience...
Post 26 Sep 2009, 12:30

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: