flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > prevent windows xp sp3 30 days expiry

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
topic seems controversial,
But lately i just came to know that,
There is a software that could prevent user or even windows to write on any folders in ur c drive or watever drive (sort of virus prevention tactic)

Well,if we dig deep,probably we would know what files/registry that windows uses to identify how many days already since u install windows xp/vista/7 without providing a key,usually 30 days grace period.

The question is, what api/tricks that the software uses to prevent a directory/files get overwrite or create? Even by windows system account?
Post 20 Sep 2009, 23:13
Borsuc

Borsuc
Why the fuss? If you want to crack it, just get a serial, much easier!

Post 20 Sep 2009, 23:22
windwakr

windwakr
Ok, this has nothing to do with your question, but I'll just drop it here.
Windows XP Home can be upgraded to Professional with just 1 registry key deletion. Just be sure to "switch it back to Home" before updating it. Won't be doing much updating soon with them dropping support and all......such a shame, it's THE BEST OS to EVER come from Micro$hit. Hell, I could see myself still using XP even 10 years from now. Vista is a complete piece of shit. 7 is a more "user friendly" Vista(read: MADE FOR COMPLETE COMPUTARDS, ie. people who don't even know how to turn the fucking thing on.). PLUS, it's no better at memory, cpu, and gpu consumption...with all those flashy aero effects on alt+tabbing effects. Nope, I'll just have modest ol' XP.

Last edited by windwakr on 21 Sep 2009, 00:12; edited 1 time in total
Post 21 Sep 2009, 00:05
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
no no, that is illegal.
it is staying legal in a more creative way if that exists.

that would be cool if i could know what api i could use to prevent even windows system account to write anything.
Post 21 Sep 2009, 00:11
windwakr

windwakr
Set attribute to read-only?
Post 21 Sep 2009, 00:14
windwakr

windwakr
Ok, I'll let you decide the legality of this registry hack to activate windows.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-oWgCr314&feature=related
Post 21 Sep 2009, 00:15
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
windwakr wrote:
it's THE BEST OS to EVER come from Micro$hit.

IMHO, W2K is the best. It's almost like XP (features-wise), without the bling bling and the bloat, and with the "advanced" features as defaults (e.g. networking, file sharing, etc.). It's also much lighter and has less of the "useless" services.

windwakr wrote:
7 is a more "user friendly" Vista(read: MADE FOR COMPLETE COMPUTARDS, ie. people who don't even know how to turn the fucking thing on.).

I beg to differ. The interface is as "good" as Vista's. They made a lot of changes and it's totally horrible, aaaarrghhhhh. A Unix shell is way more friendlier IMO!

Dual-booting with XP f*cked things up. It began installing files in the wrong locations. Even user settings (the old Documents & Settings) were being written on C:\ instead of D:\.

Like in Vista, there are many more directories compared to older versions and paths are much longer. It took me 10 minutes to find the Quick Launch/"Pinned" icons location, but I'm not even sure I really found them, since when I tried adding others or removing the exiting ones, the new icons never appeared and the old ones became "iconless" buttons. Sometimes I could still click on these ghost icons and launch an application, sometimes they did nothing.

Junction points used to appear and disappear for no apparent reason (I doubt this is normal).

Many setups failed TWICE before working fine the third time "using the recommended settings" or something like that. Really, WTF?

It's still an RC version so maybe that's the reason for so many problems, but I'm not so sure... After all it's an RC not an alpha or beta!

Yeah, it still has all the useless things. How many "sane" operating systems come with 60MB high definition test videos?

And I could go on and on...

This system was designed by one of these two: a drunk or a demented.
Post 21 Sep 2009, 10:07
Pinecone_

Pinecone_
also in windows 7 rc free download manager causes a BSOD as soon as you try to download something with it.
Post 21 Sep 2009, 14:00
Borsuc

Borsuc
ManOfSteel wrote:
IMHO, W2K is the best. It's almost like XP (features-wise), without the bling bling and the bloat, and with the "advanced" features as defaults (e.g. networking, file sharing, etc.). It's also much lighter and has less of the "useless" services.
But XP has much more stable kernel and system, and you can delete the useless services or disable them with nLite before install, like I did.

Post 21 Sep 2009, 15:07
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Quote:

Ok, I'll let you decide the legality of this registry hack to activate windows.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm-oWgCr314&feature=related

cool... almost legal Smile
Post 22 Sep 2009, 13:15
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
tested the above hack, doesn't work after 30 days Smile
Post 05 Dec 2009, 09:55
Azu

Azu
sleepsleep wrote:
no no, that is illegal.
it is staying legal in a more creative way if that exists.

that would be cool if i could know what api i could use to prevent even windows system account to write anything.
I'm pretty sure it's the act of using it for over 30 days without paying that is illegal, not the technical method used.

Post 06 Dec 2009, 19:20
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
yeah, it is illegal to operate it more than 30 days.
we got to freeze time Smile but time doesn't exists. hehe

i just find it weird coz youtube comment said it works after 30 days. funny.
Post 07 Dec 2009, 21:57

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: