flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Chess Titan bug?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
TmX



Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 822
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
TmX
On of the few first things I try on Windows 7 is the Chess Titan Laughing

I'm playing againt the computer (difficulty level 1, the easiest).

Image

As you can see, it's possible to promote 2 pawns to 2 queens.
And finally the black king is checkmated by 3 white queens... Shocked

Very Happy
Post 20 Sep 2009, 09:55
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pal



Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 227
pal
How is that a bug? When a pawn reaches the opposite site it can be promoted. You can end up with as many queens as you have pawns plus one if you figured a way to defeat the opponent without losing your pawns.
Post 20 Sep 2009, 10:47
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TmX



Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 822
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
TmX
pal wrote:
How is that a bug? When a pawn reaches the opposite site it can be promoted. You can end up with as many queens as you have pawns plus one if you figured a way to defeat the opponent without losing your pawns.


Well, I think having more than 1 queen is strange...
That's certainly not possible in real world games, and it should apply on the computer games as well.

Very Happy
Post 20 Sep 2009, 12:00
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Borsuc



Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 2466
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Borsuc
What's the point of getting a Rook or Bishop if you can get as many Queens as you want? Confused

_________________
Previously known as The_Grey_Beast
Post 20 Sep 2009, 14:47
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar



Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Posts: 7751
Location: Kraków, Poland
Tomasz Grysztar
TmX wrote:
Well, I think having more than 1 queen is strange...
That's certainly not possible in real world games, and it should apply on the computer games as well.

That certainly IS possible in real world games. Check out the Fischer vs Petrosian game from 1959.
Post 20 Sep 2009, 15:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Borsuc



Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 2466
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Borsuc
my question stands Razz

_________________
Previously known as The_Grey_Beast
Post 20 Sep 2009, 15:53
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ass0



Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 521
Location: ( . Y . )
ass0
yay! such a lucky king with 3 queens =D (too happy to do a four-some xD).
Post 20 Sep 2009, 16:32
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tom tobias



Joined: 09 Sep 2003
Posts: 1320
Location: usa
tom tobias
Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
That certainly IS possible in real world games.
Thanks for the link, and it should be noted, that checkmate would have resulted, even without converting the pawns to queens, but, instead converting them to rooks, since two of the three queens function as rooks, anyway,....
Smile
Post 20 Sep 2009, 16:48
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TmX



Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 822
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
TmX
Borsuc wrote:
What's the point of getting a Rook or Bishop if you can get as many Queens as you want? Confused


well, the queen is the most powerful piece on the game
so I naturally pick on that
btw, 1 rook + 1 bishop = 1 queen, right? Very Happy

Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
TmX wrote:
Well, I think having more than 1 queen is strange...
That's certainly not possible in real world games, and it should apply on the computer games as well.

That certainly IS possible in real world games. Check out the Fischer vs Petrosian game from 1959.


whoops Shocked
i never knew such thing was possible
Post 20 Sep 2009, 17:11
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Borsuc



Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 2466
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Borsuc
TmX wrote:
well, the queen is the most powerful piece on the game
so I naturally pick on that
btw, 1 rook + 1 bishop = 1 queen, right? Very Happy
yeah but what's the point?
I thought it was supposed to be needed after you get 1 Queen (no further queens) so you could e.g: get a Rook, but it seems it's totally worthless.

EDIT: except for stalemate but really that can't be the only reason.

_________________
Previously known as The_Grey_Beast
Post 20 Sep 2009, 18:47
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar



Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Posts: 7751
Location: Kraków, Poland
Tomasz Grysztar
Post 20 Sep 2009, 19:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  


< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on YouTube, Twitter.

Website powered by rwasa.