flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > NASA had bomb the moon.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
edfed

edfed
the 9 october, NASA will launch a bomb on the moon, to see if there is water or ice.

what can we do to stop them?

Last edited by edfed on 10 Oct 2009, 15:44; edited 1 time in total
Post 09 Sep 2009, 17:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Why do you want to stop them?
Post 09 Sep 2009, 17:47
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
windwakr

windwakr
Can someone find a reliable source on this?

And even if they do, who cares. The moon is full of craters, you wouldn't be able to tell a missle went off.
Post 09 Sep 2009, 17:55
revolution

revolution
edfed wrote:
NASA will bomb the moon.
Actually, sounds good to me. Better than bombing Iraq.
Post 09 Sep 2009, 18:33
r22

r22
If the missile goes off, hits a fault line and cracks the moon in half (or at least removes a noticeable chunk); edfed will have quite an "I told you so".
Very Happy Very Happy
Post 09 Sep 2009, 19:28
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Scorpio

Scorpio
And when the bomb explodes, we will all see melted cheese flying into space Very Happy
Post 09 Sep 2009, 19:48
Borsuc

Borsuc
revolution wrote:
Because they don't own the Moon. AFAIK you can only bomb your own property, or are you saying I can blow up your house?

this is the reason I hate NASA's so-called "passive" approach and scientific approach (yeah right) rather than crusade approach which it actually is -- just buzzwords, but no one listens!

Post 09 Sep 2009, 21:46
windwakr

windwakr
Borsuc wrote:
...AFAIK you can only bomb your own property...

Tell that to the U.S. army in the middle east. Or to any country that has been in a modern war.

And I'm pretty sure that if you were caught setting off a bomb on your own property, you would be sent to jail.

The moon is no ones, so there is no one to say they can't do it. I really wouldn't care if they sent 100 missiles into the moon. If they are actually doing this(I CAN NOT find a reliable source on this info), it's not like they're nuking it or anything, so who cares?

Post 09 Sep 2009, 21:49
Borsuc

Borsuc
Of course someone can say "no", I do it right now. But then again, it's probably what the Aztecs said too. This time we've got bombs though. Sad

As for reliable source, Google brings a lot. Razz

Post 10 Sep 2009, 00:25
r22

r22
Borsuc wrote:
revolution wrote:
Because they don't own the Moon. AFAIK you can only bomb your own property, or are you saying I can blow up your house?

this is the reason I hate NASA's so-called "passive" approach and scientific approach (yeah right) rather than crusade approach which it actually is -- just buzzwords, but no one listens!

Back in the old days a country claimed ownership of land by
1) Landing on it
2) Planting a flag on it
3) Colonizing it
** Apollo 11 got 2 out of 3.

I don't see how you can rationally/logically say that the United States doesn't own (maybe not the whole thing, but at least a portion of) the Moon.

Your rhetoric really did have me convinced for a moment, I'm kind of embarrassed that I was taken in by it.

Land is land even if it's a quarter of a million miles away, first dibs, if another country wants the Moon they buy it from America for a few trillion we could use the money.
Post 10 Sep 2009, 01:08
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
i want to stop them because nuclear weapons are bad.
it shouldn't be used anywhere. as any weapon.

the 22th july, the hill near my home burnt.
this fire is due to tracing weapons used by army during a training...

and i believe they will bomb the moon not to seek water, but to test their war technology.

and the moon should not be sold.
it's a shame.
Post 10 Sep 2009, 01:09
revolution

revolution
r22 wrote:
Land is land even if it's a quarter of a million miles away, first dibs, if another country wants the Moon they buy it from America for a few trillion we could use the money.
Hehe, and what are you gonna do if someone just decides to move there anyway without paying? So they pull down the existing flags, plant new ones and party all night. Are they now the new "owners" or squatters? And indeed the USA has abandoned the place, leaving the unwanted junk behind. It has been ~40 years so perhaps we can say that the USA are not interested in it anymore and thus relinquished all claims by the fact of abandonment? Razz
Post 10 Sep 2009, 01:34
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
There are many flags in Antarctica too, however no country owns a single micron of land actually.

And as an example of what revolution says we have something like that in our own planet: Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas. Though, in the case of the Moon you can't even complain about the continental platform thing.
Post 10 Sep 2009, 01:58
revolution

revolution
Post 10 Sep 2009, 03:04
windwakr

windwakr
It's just gonna crash into the moon? lol, who cares then.

Post 10 Sep 2009, 03:11
revolution

revolution
Post 10 Sep 2009, 03:14
r22

r22
@Loco - There is only "one" flag on the moon; placed there by an American. Countries are already taking claim of the North Pole for oil so, if anything of value is found in Antarctica I'm sure the same would happen.

@Rev - If squatters showed up on the 51st state (the Moon) you better believe America would defend it's land. Boeing is working on a laser cannon as we speak and we could make solar powered robotic guard dogs (or at least buy them from Japan).

Of course legally the UN Outer Space Treaty would claim no country can own the moon.

@edfed - That pic of the hill fire is cool, hope no one was hurt. The military industrial complex gets a lot of money for research/science. The technology from that research has likely saved more lives than harmed. But until war becomes unprofitable, nations will continue to find excuses.
Post 10 Sep 2009, 04:19
revolution

revolution
Laughing Electronic guards dogs! With genuine simulated barking sounds to scare away even the most persistent unwelcome guests. Of course, the only thing they forgot was that with no atmosphere the bark cannot be heard. Maybe they have little LCD screens on the front displaying "BARK BARK!"? Wink
Post 10 Sep 2009, 05:59
Pirata Derek

Pirata Derek
What objective can NASA reach if they bomb the moon and found some ice on it?

Will they install a kind of moon Agriculture?

Do you (all) think NASA really went or can go to the moon? Confused

Why does only NASA (USA) say "we was on the moon" and the others countries can't land on the moon yet?

MAYBE ALSO NASA NEVER WENT TO MOON.

This is my idea and also milions of people think so...

Please world opens your eyes
Post 10 Sep 2009, 07:49
Pinecone_

Pinecone_
Surely some high powered telescope or something could see footprints or something on the moon to prove it if they are there... (I hear there's no wind or anything up there, so they should still be there right?)
Post 10 Sep 2009, 08:17

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: