flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Bing, the best search engine ever!

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
I'm surprised by the capabilities of this engine, really!

For instance, what the first entry would be if I search for "ladrones" (thieves)? Of course www.casarosada.gov.ar , the parallel to whitehouse.gov if you want to.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=ladrones&go=&form=QBLH&filt=all

Lets try something else, what about "hijos de puta" (sons of bitch)? Yes, Microsoft is correct once more, it is Telefonica of Argentina, the best money suckers ever without ever providing a decent Internet service.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=hijos+de+puta&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all

What about "chorros" (a different way of saying thieves)? Of course Telefonica's biggest competitor Arnet/Telecom
http://www.bing.com/search?q=chorros&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all

And finally (there are more examples but I'll stop here), what about "mierda argentina" (Argentinian shit)?
Yet another big ISP called Fibertel (though this one provides cablemodem services only while the other examples also provides telephone and cell phone services).
http://www.bing.com/search?q=mierda+argentina&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all

I don't know why there are people there claiming this is not better than Google!

Smile

PS: Source (first entry with Google using "ladrones"): http://www.perfil.com/contenidos/2009/06/04/noticia_0015.html (I'll post an English article if some appear and I found it)
Post 27 Jul 2009, 20:33
Borsuc

Borsuc
LocoDelAssembly wrote:
What about "chorros" (a different way of saying thieves)? Of course Telefonica's biggest competitor Arnet/Telecom
Hey my ISP is Artelecom, not sure if it's the same, but it's ok, much better than others here.

EDIT: the others have crappy downtimes when you least expect.

Post 27 Jul 2009, 21:02
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Borsuc, I don't think so. Telecom is the name of the company and Arnet is the "subcompany" which is the ISP. In the case of Telefonica, the "subcompany" is Speedy (where the speed is put in sucking your money, quickly).

However, the same company that is an angel in Europe will tend to be a demon here (from a capitalistic point of view it would be very stupid not taking advantage of the local corruption). Telefonica is an special case howerver, they are evil even in Spain where they come from, but there they are forced to provide better service and at reasonable prices.
Post 27 Jul 2009, 21:18
Azu

Azu
LocoDelAssembly wrote:
I'm surprised by the capabilities of this engine, really!

For instance, what the first entry would be if I search for "ladrones" (thieves)? Of course www.casarosada.gov.ar , the parallel to whitehouse.gov if you want to.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=ladrones&go=&form=QBLH&filt=all

Lets try something else, what about "hijos de puta" (sons of bitch)? Yes, Microsoft is correct once more, it is Telefonica of Argentina, the best money suckers ever without ever providing a decent Internet service.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=hijos+de+puta&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all

And finally (there are more examples but I'll stop here), what about "mierda argentina" (Argentinian shit)?
Yet another big ISP called Fibertel (though this one provides cablemodem services only while the other examples also provides telephone and cell phone services).
http://www.bing.com/search?q=mierda+argentina&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all

I don't know why there are people there claiming this is not better than Google!

Smile

PS: Source (first entry with Google using "ladrones"): http://www.perfil.com/contenidos/2009/06/04/noticia_0015.html (I'll post an English article if some appear and I found it)

In otherwords, it's a crappy search that is easy as hell to.. bing bomb.. for lack of better phrase. Laughing

Better to use a good search engine like Google that doesn't have this kind of amateur stuff going on anymore.
Post 27 Jul 2009, 22:26
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Enko

Enko
Quote:

In otherwords, it's a crappy search that is easy as hell to.. bing bomb.. for lack of better phrase.

It's the best search ever. The result are totaly correct, I live hear in argentina and the goverment really is "ladrones" and Telefonica SA "hijos de puta".
Post 29 Jul 2009, 15:02
TmX

TmX
For some reasons, I still prefer Google because of... the so called Google hacks...

Embarassed
Post 29 Jul 2009, 15:38
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
Citigroup has told its investors that they consider Bing results lack relevence.

In other news, Microsoft struck a deal with Yahoo where Yahoo will now use Bing's irrelevent search engine while Yahoo will sell ads for both companies. Like two dinosaurs mating, let's see which one falls first.
Post 29 Jul 2009, 16:24
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
The interesting thing is that the Microsoft's representative said that the issue will be fixed in the next hours. How many hours are between June 4th and today? Smile

PS: The black hat SEO technique made Microsoft provide the correct results, though.
Post 29 Jul 2009, 16:38
Coddy41

Coddy41
I really do like Bing as-well, it is now my default search engine. I wonder If Google will become even better as a result Very Happy or if it will just continue its speed Sad
Post 30 Jul 2009, 00:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
Coddy41 wrote:
I wonder If Google will become even better as a result Very Happy or if it will just continue its speed Sad

You should hope Google will. There's a site online where you can do a blind search comparison between Google, Yahoo and Bing and pick which result you think is better. Most of us who tried it had similar numbers like mine: Google 89, Yahoo 11, Bing 0. And, like I said above, Citigroup advised its investment group that Bing's results had poor relevence. Our test bore that out.
Post 30 Jul 2009, 02:25
Azu

Azu
Enko wrote:
Quote:

In otherwords, it's a crappy search that is easy as hell to.. bing bomb.. for lack of better phrase.

It's the best search ever. The result are totaly correct, I live hear in argentina and the goverment really is "ladrones" and Telefonica SA "hijos de puta".

That's like saying encyclopediadramtica is the best encyclopedia ever because it says "Micro$oft, (moar like Microshit, amirite?)" and MS really is shit!.. Laughing

Error 0x8000ffff
Post 30 Jul 2009, 03:04
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Enko

Enko
by the way, they put the "Encarta" result before wikipedia. nothing surprising.
Post 30 Jul 2009, 03:39
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Me wrote:

Since the joke seems to be very well ruined by now I think I do no harm in confirming that I was being sarcastic.

There was no sarcasm in my comments concerning the correctness of the results for the provided examples, but of course them are consequence of the poor search engine implementation, not sophisticated AI.
Post 30 Jul 2009, 04:14
rCX

rCX
Azu wrote:
In otherwords, it's a crappy search that is easy as hell to.. bing bomb.. for lack of better phrase. Laughing

"Bing bomb" has a nice ring to it.
Post 30 Jul 2009, 04:23
Borsuc

Borsuc
Azu wrote:
That's like saying encyclopediadramtica is the best encyclopedia ever because it says "Micro$oft, (moar like Microshit, amirite?)" and MS really is shit!.. Laughing

Error 0x8000ffff
I prefer uncyclopedia Smile

Post 30 Jul 2009, 13:23
drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine
Any search on Bing that might be taken as anti-Microsoft is automatically redirected to pro-Microsoft results.
Link
Quote:
If Microsoft is going to resort to blocking and self-protection with their search engine, they could at least be subtle. This is about as subtle as a machine gun.

... I'm finding its search results to be sloppy. Sloppy is one thing, but sloppy and censored? That's when evil starts lurking
Post 05 Aug 2009, 21:32
Enko

Enko
drhowarddrfine wrote:
Any search on Bing that might be taken as anti-Microsoft is automatically redirected to pro-Microsoft results.
Link
Quote:
If Microsoft is going to resort to blocking and self-protection with their search engine, they could at least be subtle. This is about as subtle as a machine gun.

... I'm finding its search results to be sloppy. Sloppy is one thing, but sloppy and censored? That's when evil starts lurking

mh.... Perhaps solved?
Search for "expensive windows" the result is:
Windows 7 upgrade pricing is too expensive
Post 06 Aug 2009, 13:05
Azu

Azu
Enko wrote:
drhowarddrfine wrote:
Link
Quote:

mh.... Perhaps solved?
Search for "expensive windows" the result is:
Windows 7 upgrade pricing is too expensive
Nope, they just didn't get around to censoring that phrase yet. The one mentioned in the article ( http://www.bing.com/search?q=Why+is+Windows+so+expensive%3F&form=QBRE&qs=n ) gets censored.
Post 06 Aug 2009, 13:07
rCX

rCX
According to this article Microsoft has removed or made the censorship less subtle. I guess they realized that people were catching on. You can use this site to compare google and bing results.
Post 07 Aug 2009, 16:26
Madis731

Madis731
I tried today 9.59 from yesterday's event (I remembered incorrectly). One result hinted it was 9.58 instead. Google showed me Bolt's pictures all over the page, wow - just the 4 chars '9.58'.

I was interested to see Bing's results: http://www.bing.com/search?q=9.58&go=&form=QBRE&filt=all
Em, what? Even if I switch to "English-only" then all they show me is religious stuff. Why? Where's the relevancy? Its 9:58 when you wanna quote the Bible. Goooo....Microsoft!
Post 17 Aug 2009, 08:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: