flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > future society ~ moneyless

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Tyler



Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 1216
Location: NC, USA
Tyler
score_under wrote:

Why is hell forever?

How do you say forever in a language with no concept of time? I read somewhere that Aramaic has no concept of time. I may be wrong.Let's hope Ass0 knows Aramaic, maybe he/she/it can shed some light on it.
Post 21 Jun 2010, 19:58
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ass0



Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 521
Location: ( . Y . )
ass0
Tyler wrote:
Let's hope Ass0 knows Aramaic, maybe he/she/it can shed some light on it.

Wuuuuuuuuuuut???
I am a very well defined man, swollen with pride!!, you should introduce your sister to me, if you have any doubts. =D

_________________
Image
Nombre: Aquiles Castro.
Location2: about:robots
Post 21 Jun 2010, 20:49
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tyler



Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 1216
Location: NC, USA
Tyler
If you say so...
Post 21 Jun 2010, 20:58
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ass0



Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 521
Location: ( . Y . )
ass0
so... wut 'r ya? u seems to be in revolution's category...

_________________
Image
Nombre: Aquiles Castro.
Location2: about:robots
Post 21 Jun 2010, 21:13
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tyler



Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 1216
Location: NC, USA
Tyler
Oh me, I'm a dude. Nah, unlike revo1ution, I'm proud to boast the presence of my twig 'n' berries Laughing. BTW, my sister's 10 years old... Razz
Post 21 Jun 2010, 21:49
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ass0



Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 521
Location: ( . Y . )
ass0
Awwwwww, any female cousin >= 18? xD

_________________
Image
Nombre: Aquiles Castro.
Location2: about:robots
Post 21 Jun 2010, 21:54
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tyler



Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 1216
Location: NC, USA
Tyler
Are you blind? If not, no.
Post 21 Jun 2010, 22:31
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ass0



Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 521
Location: ( . Y . )
ass0
wut dya mean? Shocked

_________________
Image
Nombre: Aquiles Castro.
Location2: about:robots
Post 21 Jun 2010, 22:35
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tyler



Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 1216
Location: NC, USA
Tyler
!Ellos estan muy feo y viejo! Nah, just kidding. I think I have one that is like 38 or something, but that's older than my mom. I have a brother that's 17, how's that? Laughing You never said you weren't gay.
Post 21 Jun 2010, 22:41
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ass0



Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 521
Location: ( . Y . )
ass0
Tyler wrote:
!Ellos estan muy feo y viejo!

As you are talking about "women": Ellas estan muy feas y viejas!.

Tyler wrote:
how's that? Laughing You never said you weren't gay.

ass0 wrote:
I am indeed an internet freeky puffed up with pride and also i am an heterosexual man puffed up with pride =D

_________________
Image
Nombre: Aquiles Castro.
Location2: about:robots
Post 21 Jun 2010, 22:57
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8946
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

If selfishness can be changed:
Why is hell forever?

If selfishness cannot be changed:
Why is somebody, naturally selfish, subjected to this? Why can't they just not be born?

it can be changed if he understood and got enlightened,
so, hell is not forever (if hell exists).

(what is hell, for me it is like below statement)
hell might not be a place, not even a location, not even space, hell is "dark side" of your heart that follow u everytime. yeap, till you dead, it will follow ur soul.

you are in hell because of what you have caused, what you have experienced, but (it is possible) to change if you so willing to open heart and try..

assume u been sentenced to death, but u r not dead yet, but the days u wait till ur sentenced is more horrible than dead, what i mean is,
hell is what ur heart carries. let say even u got travel for another 10 days before ur death sentence, it is still living like hell.

so, hell is the feeling that u felt ( even if u are not in hell )
Post 22 Jun 2010, 05:05
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8946
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
and so with heaven... it is not even a place.. Smile
it is what u felt.. and this thing will follow u still death and forever with ur soul.

no way we could skip this thing unless (we don't exists) or we start to understand and learn, who we are, and what is the best way to be ourself.

then either we reach hell, or heaven.

because if you "couldn't" en-light ur "soul", even when u are in paradise (assume it is a location), your soul will still be like in hell.

another example is like,
u got shit load of work to job. then u won a free ticket plus accommodation to a paradise island,, yeah, u went there,, but u, ur self, still think bout ur shit load works while in paradise island,,

u c that, it is the same, let say u go to heaven after u dead, but u still think about ur wife on earth, how my kids doings, how is my fortunes, how is my ex lover, u wanna use internet, u wanna use IRC, u wanna use IPHONE, u wanna drive PORSCHE, u c that,,, u wouldn't be satisfied and happy unless u got enlightenment inside ur soul.(or u urself itself).

the moment u start a new desire, new questions, then it is the moment u lack of it. (and how u gonna be satisfied in that state?)
to go through that, it means, to understand ownself and observe the "I" inside "ur self".

ur opinion, ur assumption is the output of "I" we couldn't see "I" but we could observe the output of "I".

hopefully, i gave u guys something to ponder about and grow our-self together
Post 22 Jun 2010, 05:08
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8946
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
btw, i saw one really brilliant movement,
it is making money easily available Smile
so, by making money easily available, u would reach a moneyless society soon!!!...
Post 22 Jun 2010, 05:23
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tyler



Joined: 19 Nov 2009
Posts: 1216
Location: NC, USA
Tyler
It all simplifies to the fact that those with the power to do such a thing are too rich to want to. Why would the people who control our institutions want to give up the status quo given to them by money and resources? Humans are meant to want power over each other, just as every other animal in nature. The male dog wants his territory and the bitches in it, and makes life hell for those who want the same. That's but one example. Life is about subservience, and one's place on the ladder. It doesn't matter high one gets, there's always someone above to shit on them.
Post 22 Jun 2010, 06:00
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MHajduk



Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 6035
Location: Poland
MHajduk
After reading some responses in this thread I've realized that probably I heard something similar before... Laughing Razz

Scene from my favorite American comedy "See No Evil, Hear No Evil" (1989) with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder:Wink
Post 22 Jun 2010, 09:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8946
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
funny Smile
Post 22 Jun 2010, 12:44
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8946
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
since bank could create "invisible" money during loan, this just prove the whole "monetary system" is just a fucking fake system that obviously controlled by bank..

then central bank controlled the ratio of out of thin air money, 1:9
then somebody else deposit the thin air money then it creates another 1:9 ratio "invisible" money..

the whole thing will just collapsed eventually... and everybody knew about this..

so, what is our solution to this crisis?
Post 11 Jul 2010, 06:47
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17332
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
It used to be that the bank's lender (the governments) would have to back their equity with gold (or other assets). But that was too restrictive and stifling to progress, so that requirement was eliminated. Now there is no physical tie-in to the money in the world. But I don't see the world dying because of it.

However if there is ever a "run on the bank" they will not be able to return all the equity the depositors have invested. This is no secret, all banks are in this situation. Some country's governments provide guarantees in case the banks go under. This is to keep the public confidence high and encourage people not to start a run on the bank.

But basically it is all about public confidence. If it is ever shattered then the whole system fails. It has happened in the past, Germany, Zimbabwe, Yugoslavia, Poland, Greece etc. You just have to hope that things keep moving along.

But eliminating money wouldn't make things any better. Indeed, we would go back to the dark ages with people having to keep their own precious metals, and provide their own protection for their assets. Life becomes much more difficult and people struggle more. You couldn't have specialists in any field, they would be too busy protecting, and finding food for, themselves and their families.

Money has made our lives so much easier than it could ever be without it. We all have it great. Food, shelter, clothing, leisure time etc. are all far improved in modern based societies with money as the bartering tool.


Last edited by revolution on 11 Jul 2010, 13:42; edited 1 time in total
Post 11 Jul 2010, 07:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ManOfSteel



Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 1154
ManOfSteel
revolution, your argument for the past couple of pages is based on the false premise that we must necessarily barter when money is removed as a medium of exchange.
How about we remove the exchange of commodities and money altogether and replace it with the distribution of products? People still do what they do and specialists still exist in all the needed productive fields. Why would it not be so? When bringing up children in a stable environment, having all basic needs fulfilled and having all resources available for the welfare of all (not only the lucky ones), Humanity can only move forward. Organizing production and distribution and establishing proper accounting is left for society (all of it) to properly manage as it sees fit.

You'll say people would have no incentive to work in such a society, that many would just leech and be free riders getting free lunches? But even the greatest management schools can tell you pecuniary compensation has its limits and more "compensation" should ultimately be non-monetary. Moreover, every money-based society from the so-called "welfare states" to the most libertarian ones have had a lot of leeching. If leeches don't suck the government's tit (fed by the people's money) they feed from their relatives or from charities and humanitarian NGOs. Of course, I'm not saying all people getting help from charities are leeches but I personally know some who really are.
Actually there would be less leeching in a society without money. People would do what they like, not what they are "compelled" to do without any passion just to get a better salary. They will work harder because they like what they're doing and because the only things that will matter will be self-esteem, personal fulfillment, being considered highly by your entourage and getting a reputation of "hard-worker", "smart", "good element", etc.
People will also find ways to enhance their work and the work of others, because it will make their work easier and save them time for other tasks/activities.

This will not cause more struggle and problems. On the contrary, no money means no homelessness (1 billion squatters worldwide, doubling by 2040), no hunger (1 billion undernourished people and growing; 1 child dying from hunger-related causes every 5 seconds), no theft or money-related murders (duh!), no "financial crimes", etc.
But also no banks, no stock-exchanges, no law firms, no advertising, etc.
This is a society where people live better and where wasted scarce resources are reallocated for more productive uses.

When compared to pure barter, money has indeed made it easier for people to exchange commodities, but it has also become a liability and a brake to further progress and a humane society.
During the 1929 crisis, what was missing: money or finished products? It was money and it prevented people from living their lives normally. They had no jobs and no money because production was no more profitable, but at the same time there was plenty of food that none could buy and was left to rot or be fed to the pigs, plenty of cars that none could afford to buy and drive and coffee beans stocks that ended as train fuel.
This situation was repeated thousands of times since then in other parts of the world (e.g. food protests/riots of the past 3 years, farmers flooding streets with fresh milk and their harvest and slaying half of their livestock, etc.)

Our resources may be scarce but our production can create an abundance, and it does often create one and that's why money is part of the problem. Our challenge is to produce wisely and stop the destruction of our only home and sanctuary. Actually even the resource scarcity problem can be remedied by using extraterrestrial resources.
But this is all impossible in a system based on money and private property of the means of production because waste management, renewable energies, space exploration and exploitation, etc. are all too costly and unprofitable in the short-term and that is all companies care about. And I don't blame them, that's what they do.
Post 11 Jul 2010, 13:34
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17332
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
ManOfSteel, eliminating money would just shift the focus to other assets.

Scenario 1:
I steal your land/house/children and use them for my own purposes. What would be my incentive to steal if I already have the "essentials" given to me? 1) I would not value the "essentials" because they come for free and I didn't put any effort into it. 2) Greed. Desire for power. Megalomania. Lots of human character flaws would still present themselves even of money is not around.

Scenario 2:
I take over the distribution chain of the free "essentials" and control it. You want food? Okay, just do this thing for me. Why would I do this? Same reason as above; Greed. Desire for power. Megalomania. Lots of human character flaws would still present themselves even of money is not around.

Scenario 3:
I freeload off the system. Why would I do this? Because I can and I like to be lazy. The people working hard to give me free things get resentful and decide to stop giving me stuff. I didn't earn it so I don't deserve it.

Scenario 4:
Everyone just does what they want because they like it? Well everyone likes to be lazy and watch TV. But no one is there to make the TV programs. Not enough people enjoy tilling endless fields for corn so very few do it and the world no longer has enough corn to eat. And so on with other products. No incentive to make/grow them. I make/grow just enough for me. Forget about everyone else. Without the incentive to do the things that are needed, people would do the things they enjoy, but people don't enjoy doing the things that are needed. Who cleans the toilets?
Post 11 Jul 2010, 13:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar. Also on YouTube, Twitter.

Website powered by rwasa.