flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Micron FLCOS (new type of display media, LCD?)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
I like the higher sub-pixel resolution of current displays, but this technology might reduce some of the aliasing effects caused by the underlying pixel pattern.
http://www.displaytech.com/library.html wrote:
Displaytech Technical Publications

Bananas
...hey, someone stuck some fruit in with the display tech. Laughing
Post 25 May 2009, 11:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Madis731 wrote:
Actually you can deal without a new signaling scheme. If you send grey (#CCCCCC) to your new LCD for 1/60th of a second, then this might be rendered in the following manner:
1) There are 5 delay-registers.
2) Each delay-register is shifted by 1/360th of a second (compared to previous one).
3) RED is fired immediately, but GREEN will wait for 1/360s and so will BLUE after it. Then there's another wave of R-G-B and we have 1/60th of a second "wasted".

I think its not that complicated.

Madis, I believe in your plans is included rising the screen refresh to 360Hz? Looks like it is a lot of bandwidth, I think that we gonna see a buffered approach first (which is also more stable because the pixels in the PC's VRAM could change in between of the 6 Hz intervals). Also note that your shift registers need to be very long and you are requiring five of them.

[edit]
Me wrote:
(which is also more stable because the pixels in the PC's VRAM could change in between of the 6 Hz intervals)

Sorry, I forgot about the 240 Hz of "radio silence". Yet, it can occur between the first and second cycle of the 6 Hz intervals making an effect even worse than we perceive now when the VBlank isn't waited.

BTW, if I understood you correctly then you have changed the signaling scheme because in the original there is no periods of silence that big.[/edit]
Post 25 May 2009, 18:47

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: