flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > does time exists?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
asmhack



Joined: 01 Feb 2008
Posts: 431
asmhack
Quote:
“The idea of time being the fourth dimension of space did not bring much progress in physics and is in contradiction with the formalism of special relativity,” he said. “We are now developing a formalism of 3D quantum space based on Planck work. It seems that the universe is 3D from the macro to the micro level to the Planck volume, which per formalism is 3D. In this 3D space there is no ‘length contraction,’ there is no ‘time dilation.’ What really exists is that the velocity of material change is ‘relative’ in the Einstein sense.”


That's great news, time isn't a dimension, clap clap !
Time is just a variable that started inc right after the big bang and that variable is reflected in our micro cosmos in a form of custom measure.
The conclusion ? If the time is important for our brains (at least in the format we understand it) then it's for sure also important and for the universe... but in it's own way... or maybe not ? Cool
Post 25 Apr 2011, 22:52
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bitRAKE



Joined: 21 Jul 2003
Posts: 2915
Location: [RSP+8*5]
bitRAKE
Quote:
“Einstein said, ‘Time has no independent existence apart from the order of events by which we measure it,’” Sorli told PhysOrg.com. “Time is exactly the order of events: this is my conclusion.”
This is the way I've always considered it as well.
Post 26 Apr 2011, 01:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8900
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
just woke up, and i got a weird feeling about time (probably due to Looper 2012 effect)

but i just wanna ask something here

because human bind the distance light could travel in a year to 1 lightyear

1 light-year = 9460730472580800 metres

now, i was thinking that, moving in high fast speed could alter the way "clock" tick (but clock aint time, it just a tool to record count tick)

now, what if i bind the 1 light year to the rotation of earth? so after 365 morning and dark, that is 9460730472580800 metres distance.

because ma always curious with time travel, or the twin paradox,

now, if you using light speed to travel 10 years to A then back to earth, it means 20 lightyears, = 20 x 365 morning and dark, (20 years on earth)

so, no more twin paradox.

now, travel in high light speed might could alter human biology or etc etc, idk, but probability is there, but if you tie light speed to rotation of earth, it seems, things get more clear. imo.
Post 17 Dec 2012, 05:41
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YONG



Joined: 16 Mar 2005
Posts: 8000
Location: 22° 15' N | 114° 10' E
YONG
sleepsleep wrote:
now, travel in high light speed might could alter human biology or etc etc, idk, but probability is there, but if you tie light speed to rotation of earth, it seems, things get more clear. imo.
Increase the rotational speed of Earth to the speed of light? Rolling Eyes Bro, you'd better watch the following movie clip first:

Mission To Mars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8DJDMT6JoA

Wink
Post 17 Dec 2012, 07:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8900
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
YONG wrote:
Increase the rotational speed of Earth to the speed of light?


Yong, please start english class for me, i need it

btw, what i mean is, using the earth rotation as a reference for lightspeed travel,
Post 17 Dec 2012, 07:38
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17278
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
btw, what i mean is, using the earth rotation as a reference for lightspeed travel,
This would be a poor reference for light speed. The earth's rotation is quite variable. It changes due to many effects including things like earthquakes and the Moon.
Post 17 Dec 2012, 10:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8900
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
revolution wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
btw, what i mean is, using the earth rotation as a reference for lightspeed travel,
This would be a poor reference for light speed. The earth's rotation is quite variable. It changes due to many effects including things like earthquakes and the general passing of time.


if we take 2 clock,
1 on earth, another 1 on fast speed plane orbiting earth, results shows the clock on plane moves slower,

i conclude it as : high fast speed cause some effect on clock and possible to human as well,

but that doesn't mean the time is getting slow (i don't get it why people said time getting slow)

after the plane landed, let say the clock record minus 1 minute from earth clock time,

it just means, the clock slow down for 1 minute, but the time doesn't slow down,

it just what universal clock we want to use to record the "time",

but one just can't get 2 exact clocks, set one in high speed motion, another one static and claim that they SHOULD be the SAME clock and SHOULD output exact same TIME.

so, we could only use 1 clock, and that clock earth

if we beam laser every 30 seconds to space, and let say we got a powerful hubble satellite 1 light year distance, after 1 years, they would start receive those beams every 30 seconds.

now let say, we got one ship on earth start to fly to that planet, he would just move along with the laser beam (assume at light speed), he wouldn't see any other new beam (since his speed is same as the speed of the laser beam)

he gone there and come back, 2 light years, nothing happen, earth would just experience 2 years.
Post 17 Dec 2012, 13:48
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17278
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
There is no "universal time". Time is relative. In Earth's gravity field time flows/moves at a different rate than other places in different strength fields.

Also, read up about the famous twin paradox.
Post 17 Dec 2012, 13:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8900
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:
There is no "universal time". Time is relative. In Earth's gravity field time flows/moves at a different rate than other places in different strength fields.


so, could i assume it is the clock which tick differently based on gravity?

but i suppose, if we want to use "time", then it must be only based on 1 clock, or same clock that works in same environment, same gravity.
Post 17 Dec 2012, 14:11
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17278
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
so, could i assume it is the clock which tick differently based on gravity?
Yes.
sleepsleep wrote:
but i suppose, if we want to use "time", then it must be only based on 1 clock, or same clock that works in same environment, same gravity.
For normal everyday use the time dilation effect (when travelling, or at a different altitude) is so small (a few nanoseconds per day at the extremes) that it makes no practical difference unless you are doing some very precise measurements.
Post 17 Dec 2012, 14:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8900
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
so, since clock is not equal to time,
and time is created based on "clock",
the clock tick slower or faster, doesn't mean time change or etc, it just means the clock tick slower or tick faster due to environment changes, gravity towards the clock.

then time never exists, but there exists maybe "region" that capable to slow down the clock or to slow down the human perception towards time.

revolution, i assume you agree with what i said above,
please let me know if i am wrong, because i want to learn, i always wonder why people could believe time exists, or the twin would get older or younger,

it doesn't makes sense to me.
Post 17 Dec 2012, 14:37
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17278
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
so, since clock is not equal to time,
and time is created based on "clock",
the clock tick slower or faster, doesn't mean time change or etc, it just means the clock tick slower or tick faster due to environment changes, gravity towards the clock.

then time never exists, but there exists maybe "region" that capable to slow down the clock or to slow down the human perception towards time.

revolution, i assume you agree with what i said above,
please let me know if i am wrong, because i want to learn, i always wonder why people could believe time exists, or the twin would get older or younger,

it doesn't makes sense to me.
I neither agree or disagree because it depends upon your definition of time. I can't say whether you are wrong or not because I don't have any absolute answers either. I tend to be pragmatic about it. Time passes whether I will it to or not. It won't wait for me no matter what I do. It just keeps going and going.
Post 17 Dec 2012, 14:45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8900
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
well,
i don't think time exists, because the very fact that, we create it from the ticking of clock,

60 ticks = 1 minute,
60x60 ticks = 1 hour
and so on,

the whole "time" thing is based solely on ticking of some apparatus, be it nuclear clock or conventional clock,

the changes in tick would affect the output, be it fast / slow,

revolution wrote:

Time passes whether I will it to or not.

i would say, nothing really passes, changes occurred because we change them, chain reaction, and so on,

we use time as a "marking point" for occurred changes, but even without the existence of so called "time", changes would still occurred, since time never exists, we create it based on ticking sound... Laughing

not to say i am correct, but just i am here to share and listen to what other ideas others got.
Post 17 Dec 2012, 15:18
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
uart777



Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 369
uart777
Quote:
i don't think time exists

Time only exists relative to our physical world which is constantly changing and evolving. Nothing ceases to exist, it merely transforms. We live in a multi-dimensional Universe and there are higher vibrations and superior states of consciousness.

Light: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light
Post 18 Dec 2012, 12:02
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
edfed



Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Posts: 4237
Location: 2018
edfed
time exists, it took me 5 second to write it
Post 18 Dec 2012, 12:27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8900
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
uart777 wrote:
Quote:
i don't think time exists

Time only exists relative to our physical world which is constantly changing and evolving. Nothing ceases to exist, it merely transforms. We live in a multi-dimensional Universe and there are higher vibrations and superior states of consciousness.

Light: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light


well, if that means, (relative) time exists in a sense because of counting the ticking clock, then i agree Cool
it is a counter just like how i count 1 to 60 in a fixed interval.

edfed wrote:
time exists, it took me 5 second to write it

ah, i counted 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... ok, i know whats the duration you use to post this.
Post 18 Dec 2012, 12:34
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
uart777



Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 369
uart777
Time only exists in this world.

I have experienced the Light/Stars, the mastermind of the Universe, the ultimate CPU - call it "God" if you want - but this would be different for others depending on their understanding and culture. For example, you may see Jesus if you believe in him. Your mind constructs this reality and it IS real relative to your perspective but it does NOT exist universally and is NOT evident to everyone. It is YOUR perception of the Light.

Before and after:
Code:
macro foo before, after, [middle] {
common
 db before
forward
 db middle
common
 db after
}

foo 'ABC', 'XYZ', 1, 2, 3

Output:

db 'ABC'
db 1, 2, 3
db 'XYZ'    


PS: I will NOT post/reply again until I finish my 100% custom control/interface definitions and my "Logic IDE" which features dynamic font resize (for any resolution) and velocity-based scrolling (like Android)
Post 18 Dec 2012, 15:08
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
edfed



Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Posts: 4237
Location: 2018
edfed
time exists everywhere. it is a fact.

if time doesn't exist, light would not too cause light is a vibration, and a vibration is an oscillation of something according to the time...

this post is a time loss for example, because instead of employing time to do something, we try to understand what time is... or to understand that time doesn't exist... lol

the feeling of tims depends on many factors.
i think the more importants are:
temperature (chemical reactions are slower at lower temperatures)
scale (everything is relativelly fast when little, but relativelly slow when huge)

f=1/wt
Post 18 Dec 2012, 21:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
uart777



Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 369
uart777
edfed: Light/Stars is our real Creator. Everything else is imaginary Smile
Post 19 Dec 2012, 11:11
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar.

Powered by rwasa.