flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > The Pirate Bay Trial: The verdict is out

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
asmhack

asmhack
We are so busy with the tree, that we miss the forest.
Piracy can save the world, the evolution, it's not there to save your wallet, that is the wrong perspective. Piracy is revolution and not file sharing..
Do you understand what i am talking about ?

piracy kills 'music' they say... profit kills music i say
Post 26 Nov 2010, 17:09
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
I get you 100%!

Profits made by C are inversely proportional to the quality (and status as an art altogether).

It is mathematically correct to say that as p = profits made from the latest Bieber/Gaga approaches infinity, the quality function f(Q) approaches zero.
Post 26 Nov 2010, 21:21
Enko

Enko
So the guys are in jail?
Post 27 Nov 2010, 21:12
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
Meh! They'll probably miss it when they get out. Swedish jails must be like 5 star hotels compared to some places I know. They won't get the royal suite but still.
Meanwhile, the advertising revenues of TPB will greatly help pay for their 6.5M bucks damage compensation.
Post 27 Nov 2010, 22:35
DarkAlchemist

DarkAlchemist
I love the Bay but to be completely honest they are no longer relevant and haven't been for a while now.
Post 29 Nov 2010, 04:27
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
Got anything "more relevant" to share with us?
TPB has never ceased to grow in number of registered users, peers and number of torrents.
With the new laws in the US, many US-based "competitors" will close down. Who's gonna be left then, eh?
Post 29 Nov 2010, 11:53
f0dder

f0dder
ManOfSteel wrote:
With the new laws in the US, many US-based "competitors" will close down. Who's gonna be left then, eh?
I wonder if it will be solely US-based competitors that will shut down, considering the recent DNS-based takedowns.

Post 29 Nov 2010, 12:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
I don't know. All I know is that these corporations and their lobbies/legislators are fooling themselves.
These measures will stop some people from copying stuff, but will it make them actually buy the stuff instead? I honestly doubt it.
They'll just wait for the crap movies to be passed on TV, they'll borrow and copy CDs/DVDs from their friends, they'll copy software/books from their local library/school/university and they'll switch to FOSS alternatives.

And some Torrent/P2P networks will be able to survive one way or another. There will be even more secrecy, private trackers, encrypted communications, etc. It will take even more time to find the networks, shut them down and prosecute their owners.
And if all else fails, people will revert back to good old FTP "shareware" servers and to backyard/alley warez/pirate CD dealers.
Post 29 Nov 2010, 12:21
DarkAlchemist

DarkAlchemist
Exactly ManOfSteel.

TPB I haven't used for a while now simply because there are other avenues and with so much damn heat on them only a fool would use them knowingly. Sure, they say they will never turn names, ip addresses, etc... over but let me tell you there are way more ways of skinning that cat then simply walking up to TPB and "asking" them for the information.

They haven't been relevant to anyone who knows the above and understands just how damn easy it is to get that information.

Fear "Da Man" because if they wanted to they can come down on you in a heartbeat regardless what you think.

Me? I don't care because I have absolutely nothing they can take and if they ever locked me up at least I would get free medical care plus 3 hots and a cot in a federal level 2 security facility. Level 2 is 1 higher than the congressmen and senators go to. It has a fence, unlike the level 1, but you can sign yourself in and out to go to the 7-11 (convenience store/shop) across the street.

So, how is TPB relevant to the cause of anything? They lost and the people/corporations/governments of the world with the cash win. Doesn't mean they should have but that is how it works.
Post 30 Nov 2010, 05:55
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
Post 02 Dec 2010, 00:48

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: