flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Countdown: Top ten artistic fasm forumers - from YONG's POV

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

YONG
Are you in the countdown? Twisted Evil

10. Tomasz Grysztar
Well, he calls himself an "Assembly Artist". Yeah, just take a look at the uncommented fasm source code, which will definitely drive you crazy! Seriously, his photos are really really beautiful. Wink

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=86263#86263.

9. tom tobias
He argues that Henryk Gorecki is the best Polish composer of the 20th century. Well, who cares? Seriously, his densely-packed submissions - no full stops, no line breaks, no paragraph breaks - are in themselves art forms! Twisted Evil

8. comrade
I don't really know him. I include him in this countdown because he is a long-time fasm forumer - I always pay respect to senior citizens! Wink

7. rugxulo
I don't really know him but I think he is a good guy, because he participates in the Beautiful Songs thread! Wink

6. Borsuc
He's got several gigabytes of movie soundtracks in the harddisk of his PC. Well, the Internet Police may come after him. Twisted Evil

5. DJ Mauretto
A songwriter who was too timid to propose (release) his music to the world.

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=77345#77345

Fortunately, he now has the guts to share his music with the world. Check this out! Razz

4. thimis
This is just a small collection of the beautiful songs presented by him!

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=77328#77328

3. MHajduk
A talented artist who thinks "life is too short, yet learning takes too long"!

http://mikhajduk.houa.org/EN/Drawings.php

2. shoorick
Like father, like daughter!

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=85749#85749

1. sleepsleep
An islamic believer who asks, "would the volmeter shows current under such situation?"

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=88657#88657

Scroll, please ...

0. Pirata Derek
This ASCII art is unbeatable!

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=9437

Happy holidays! Wink

I "covertly" added an attachment here.

Description:
Filesize: 39.77 KB
Viewed: 5035 Time(s)

digi-welcome.gif

Last edited by YONG on 29 Jul 2009, 06:12; edited 4 times in total
Post 11 Apr 2009, 09:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Hey, okay, nice, but why is YONG not on the list?

And maybe also vid for his ... umm, what's the word ... artistic hair style.
Post 11 Apr 2009, 11:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Hey, you haven't heard my music yet, so don't judge. I expect to fix that at next FASM conference Wink
Post 11 Apr 2009, 11:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
music is not equal to sound.
I am now listening, as usual, to my favorite radio station, originating from Netherlands, and on this program they compare three differeent interpretations by modern pianists, of Frederick Chopin's polonaise. So, my question is this:
Will vid's music be something that three different modern interpretors record? Will vid's music be something so interesting that millions of folks will want to hear it, via internet broadcast?
My guess, without knowing anything, just a random guess, is that vid's "music" is nonsense.
This is a guy who is WORKING on his programs at 0100 in the morning, having worked ALL DAY LONG on improving his computer program.....
hmm.
Chopin was engaged in the same frenetic activity, composing music. Nothing else mattered to him. He was determined to get it down on paper.
Is vid equally intent on perfecting his own "compositions"???? If not, then, his efforts are in vain...
Are vid's compositions recorded on paper?
Post 11 Apr 2009, 17:24
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

An islamic believer who asks,

i actually have as different world view that might be called unislamic.
Post 11 Apr 2009, 18:04
DJ Mauretto

DJ Mauretto
Quote:
I am now listening, as usual, to my favorite radio station, originating from Netherlands, and on this program they compare three differeent interpretations by modern pianists, of Frederick Chopin's polonaise. So, my question is this:
Will vid's music be something that three different modern interpretors record? Will vid's music be something so interesting that millions of folks will want to hear it, via internet broadcast?
My guess, without knowing anything, just a random guess, is that vid's "music" is nonsense.
This is a guy who is WORKING on his programs at 0100 in the morning, having worked ALL DAY LONG on improving his computer program.....
hmm.
Chopin was engaged in the same frenetic activity, composing music. Nothing else mattered to him. He was determined to get it down on paper.
Is vid equally intent on perfecting his own "compositions"???? If not, then, his efforts are in vain...
Are vid's compositions recorded on paper?

Woww, are you serious Question
i hope it's a joke, anyway only who studied music be able to appreciate
the great composer, for all other it's only tedious.

Post 11 Apr 2009, 18:39
wisepenguin

wisepenguin
Quote:
I expect to fix that at next FASM conference

great. will people that can't attend get to hear your music? i take it you still play your guitar ?
Post 11 Apr 2009, 19:45
Borsuc

Borsuc
tom tobias wrote:
No, but if we want to be correct, sound is not noise either, as you have also said Rolling Eyes

Post 11 Apr 2009, 20:15
YONG

YONG
revolution wrote:
... but why is YONG not on the list?
I'm autistic, not artistic! Twisted Evil
Post 12 Apr 2009, 05:34
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
tom: Most of them probably would (will) be just a noise to you, but there are few even you may like. And yes, I can easily write them down in musical notation, but I don't see how doing that would add any extra quality to music.
Post 12 Apr 2009, 07:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
The great composers, Chopin among them, first wrote the music, then played it. The music was in their head, and did not depend upon having to hear it, in order to modify the sequence of notes. At least two famous composers were utterly deaf, during creation of one or more of their most famous compositions.

I am annoyed, because I possess not even a scintilla of skill, whether it is composing music, or generating new scientific data.

I wish that I could compose music, alas, I cannot even read it, let alone write it.

The "music" enjoyed by most FASM forumers is utterly alien to me, and has been, since the days of Jimi Hendrix. I did attend a concert of Janis Joplin, and found it attractive, though she died a couple of days later, and that episode was profoundly discouraging.

I tried to learn to play the harpsichord, and spent a couple of years fumbling about, like a blind man, reading each note, l i k e t h i s. Of course, I had to read the left hand separately from the right hand. After many months of practice, I finally was able to play, haltingly, with many errors, the simplest composition from Bach's Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach.

This morning, in response to this thread, I sat down again at the harpsichord, first time in thirty five years, and opened the music up to the same simple composition, which in former times I could slightly play, and found that I had absolutely no recollection of how to move my stiff fingers in a meaningful way.

Fortunately, my hook shot is still fairly decent. I am off to do battle. Yes, the gym is open on Sunday. Hurrah.
Post 12 Apr 2009, 10:26
Borsuc

Borsuc
I disagree, the greatest musicians "feel" the music, rather than "plan" it in advance as you have said. I have a LOT of interviews/examples with some of them (obviously speaking about soundtracks as it's 90% of what I listen to, but you get the idea, I'm sure it's similar in other genres, except maybe rap and other such 'noises' Razz).

The reason you probably are not able to play properly is because you think analytically when you use your fingers to play it. You need to go with the flow and feeling if you have the talent, for what you do is more akin to a computer using 90% of its time looking and analyzing 'what next', and obviously missing a lot of computational power (and making errors, as in the case of humans) Rolling Eyes

A tradition in Japan was based on students learning music purely by artistical/right-brain means, without any notes, books or "writing it down". Only when they master it will they proceed to that step and learning them as they thought it would otherwise "interfere with the flow". I wonder whether you notice that what you perceive as your (probably) greatest feats (the overly serious and analytical mind, which mind you, even makes errors sometimes Razz) are dragging you down in many occasions.

As some have said, you will know when you have reached enlightenment when you will reach it. Same here. (replace enlightenment with talent or artistic insight)

Please note that I do not play any instrument, except the computer, does that count? I do, however, have a very good sense of music. (that is, put me up on computer software that allows me to play with the keyboard and trust me, I will not make "noise" Wink)
Post 13 Apr 2009, 01:21
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Oh shit, you are all so talented and I don't have a single artistic molecule in my body. Give me an instrument (anything) and I will just make awful noise that is unbearable. Not through want, but just some innate inability to make it sound less than terrible. Even those old electronic organ things with automatic harmonies and tunes inbuilt, give it to me and all you I can manage to get is junk (although after half and hour with it I would probably have reprogrammed it to be an assembler Twisted Evil ). And if you consider the human voice as an instrument, then same thing, just horrible noise comes out. Never ask me to sing, you would regret it, trust me on that! Wink
Post 13 Apr 2009, 01:41
YONG

YONG
tom tobias wrote:
The great composers, Chopin among them, first wrote the music, then played it. The music was in their head, and did not depend upon having to hear it, in order to modify the sequence of notes.
Well, let's see whether or not tom's argument is true for this renowned Japanese composer: 喜多郎 Kitarō.

"I never had education in music, I just learned to trust my ears and my feelings," said Kitarō.

Here you have one of his beautiful compositions: 喜多郎 - 絲綢之路.

Note that 絲綢之路 means The Silk Road.

Enjoy. Wink
Post 13 Apr 2009, 09:58
tom tobias

tom tobias
Thanks, YONG, always an informative, and interesting post.
Well done.
Yes, I enjoy Kitaro's music VERY much, and in fact own both Silk road, and Volume II.

It is relaxing, pleasant, and can easily be performed in the background to mask out unpleasant conversation, as may occur when others wish to speak, for example a visit by relatives. New Age music like Silk Road runs very well in the background, especially if some of the paintings in the foreground are reproductions of Japanese Ukiyoe. I am sure that Silk Road is also appreciated as concert music, for some folks, and therefore, presented in various programs among the cognoscenti. I have never personally heard it performed at a concert, but then again, I don't attend very many such social events, being somewhat of a loner type.
Shocked

I am just an ordinary guy, without the ability to judge art. I like music very much, but have no talent to play or compose myself. I wish that I did. Next time I will endeavor to find more skillful ancestors.
Confused

In the meantime, I must be contented with listening to Berlioz, as at present, Romeo and Juliet. Wonderful. On Cesky Rozhlas.

Maybe, in other words, some compositions are created, as, apparently, with Kitaro's Silk road, by "trusting one's ears and feelings", rather than by studying music theory, understanding harmonics, and writing down the notes on a sheet of paper, BEFORE first playing the notes.....I don't know the answer, but I doubt that Berlioz wrote Romeo and Juliet AFTER having heard it. I am even more certain that Prokofiev also did not write his version of Romeo and Juliet AFTER first performing it.....
Smile
Post 13 Apr 2009, 19:23
Picnic

Picnic
Hehe, maybe he wrote it after hearing the Commodore 64 Sanxion theme first.

I'm joking Laughing
Post 13 Apr 2009, 20:24
YONG

YONG
tom tobias wrote:
I am just an ordinary guy ...
No, you are not. You are a neurological scientist who needs a little bit of luck. Wink

tom tobias wrote:
his (Prokofiev's) version of Romeo and Juliet
Well, personally, I like this version. Wink

thimis wrote:
Hehe, maybe he wrote it after hearing the Commodore 64 Sanxion theme first.
Hehe, I guess you play too many video/computer games! Laughing
Post 14 Apr 2009, 09:10
Raedwulf

Raedwulf
-1. Raedwulf
I am the most and least artistic.
Hopefully I don't need to explain this Smile.
Post 14 Apr 2009, 13:10
rugxulo

rugxulo
YONG wrote:

7. rugxulo
I don't really know him but I think he is a good guy, because he participates in the Beautiful Songs thread! Wink

I highly doubt anyone (esp. me) would realistically consider me Top Ten anything (at least nothing good). In particular, while I may have very weak artistic tendencies, I am not impressive at all. And honestly, I don't think I posted more than twice to the Beautiful Songs thread, so that can't be a good prerequisite. Razz My only real recognition here is being the 8th most loquacious poster (probably displaced soon), and even a noticeable chunk of that was controversial (delete-worthy??) to some. I guarantee that nobody in the entire Internet (minus about five people) ever consistently give any thought to me at all. I am nobody (said with as much true humility as possible).

So, in short, not sure why I'm mentioned here, but thanks??? Confused
Post 14 Apr 2009, 21:41
comrade

comrade
lol
Post 15 Apr 2009, 00:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: