flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > crabs can feel pain, meat, vegetarian or pill? human eat wat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17270
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
sleepsleep: You have to answer those questions for yourself. There is no right and wrong here, just differing belief systems.

Ethics is one thing to consider, but that is purely one's own decision.

Biologically speaking, humans can eat both meat and plants (we are omnivorous) so there is no impediment to eating meat if one wishes to.

Some people don't like/want to eat meat, so all that means in the real world is that there is more to go around for those that do eat it.
Post 30 Apr 2009, 04:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dosin



Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 337
dosin
sleepsleep:

You are thinking way to much on this..

your body craves meat or plants not only because it taste good.. but
because there is some type of protien or vitamin your body needs..

it is documented about people eating dirt,chalk,rocks
and the list goes on.. not because they want to .. but there body is lacking
a certian protien or vitamin...

if you want to test it.. dont eat all day ... go into a food market..
and see what you crave the most and cause your mouth to water!
when the smell hits you -you will know..

Then enjoy it and see if you feel better.. just dont over eat! Wink

Crab meat is very good!
steak.. yum!
both together... wonderful...
add some wine or a good beer..= heaven!
Post 30 Apr 2009, 06:13
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8885
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
haha, maybe i just think a lot (but for the time being, i still continually consume meat / crabs / fishes / prawns and etc legal food & drinks for me... lol

Quote:

if you want to test it.. dont eat all day ... go into a food market..
and see what you crave the most and cause your mouth to water!
when the smell hits you -you will know..

i experienced that during fasting month.
while, it certainly makes u kinda appreciate all the food you have.
Post 30 Apr 2009, 06:23
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Borsuc



Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 2466
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Borsuc
revolution wrote:
Biologically speaking, humans can eat both meat and plants (we are omnivorous) so there is no impediment to eating meat if one wishes to.
That is not the fixed imperative. It is because we wrongly evolved this way. If we started eating only vegetarian diets, we would evolve into herbivores Wink

_________________
Previously known as The_Grey_Beast
Post 30 Apr 2009, 19:03
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17270
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
Borsuc wrote:
If we started eating only vegetarian diets, we would evolve into herbivores
And if we started eating only meat diets, we would evolve into carnivores.

Works both ways.
Post 30 Apr 2009, 19:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Borsuc



Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 2466
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Borsuc
As evolved species I think we should opt for the less wasteful method.

I already explained why meat is more wasteful. We need animals, and animals need plants. With vegetarian metabolism, we would bypass the first step, less waste along the way.

(wait, or did I do this on another forum? lol I lost track Razz)
Post 01 May 2009, 02:05
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dosin



Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 337
dosin
Quote:

With vegetarian metabolism, we would bypass the first step, less waste along the way


I do not think this is a big consern for humans...
1st as sleepsleep was pointing out do they feel pain?..
and is that reason enough not to eat them...

if you want to start on waste pick a different subject..
there is plenty of polution out there..

my point is yes humans do make there deaths a little less painless..
and quicken the process..

right or wrong.. its beyond our control.. there will be death regaurdless..
if not by humans then by nature...

a fish is a living thing and they are consumed on a regular basis by other animals.. is this wrong.. no its not ...

but would you say the same thing if we found out plants could feel also..
in this case should we not eat as we were intended...

you can go graze in the field with the cows... but when your eaten by wolves... dont complain! They wont!

if it was the wolves that evolved and not humans - I think human would be on there plates..

be glad your are on top of the food chain and not the bottom..

and if your worried about waste then clean your plate every meal
do not waste.. and consume less .. a lot of people over eat..
if people would eat right.. it would create less waste...
Post 01 May 2009, 05:59
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Borsuc



Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 2466
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Borsuc
dosin wrote:
a fish is a living thing and they are consumed on a regular basis by other animals.. is this wrong.. no its not ...
You can't compare us to animals, because they are not AWARE of this, they are not even CAPABLE. We can be, as it is obvious we're discussing this right now. They are innocent, like children. There is a reason they are not judged like adults.

As for waste, of course this isn't the only waste lol, but it is waste nonetheless. There is no magic wand that will get rid of waste, we'll have to go through steps.

_________________
Previously known as The_Grey_Beast
Post 01 May 2009, 18:28
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8885
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

You can't compare us to animals, because they are not AWARE of this, they are not even CAPABLE. We can be, as it is obvious we're discussing this right now. They are innocent, like children. There is a reason they are not judged like adults.

somehow, it is quite disturbing too, to see another animal, kills another animal for food. you could see the preyed feeling pain, i mean, why the law fuc*ing works like this????

we can say, luckily we are human, but ... this kinda law just fuc*ing disturbing.
LEOTIGRIS: Male Lions Killing Hippo (disturbing, PG please)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPV0icritn4

and all this happening for several hundred thousands years.
why nobody ask those prophets when they are living.... i mean... wtf.
Post 02 May 2009, 18:35
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 17270
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
revolution
revolution: Hey, Mr. Prophet, why is it okay for a lion for inflict pain when killing?

Mr. Prophet: [internal thought: shit, fucked if I know, I'd better make something up to look good] Oh, revolution, it is natures way of things, god knows all and we should not question god's infinite wisdom. You will find out after you pass beyond this world.

revolution: Hey, Mr. Prophet, you say a lot of words but give no answers, I think you are a fraud.

Mr. Prophet: [internal thought: shit, that revolution found me out] Oh, revolution, you know so little in this world for you are only human. Never mind you will see later, it will all become clear.

revolution: Yeah, whatever, go away, I got some serious programmin' to do dude. Don't come back till you got some real answers for me.
Post 02 May 2009, 18:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Borsuc



Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Posts: 2466
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Borsuc
Wow, since you can read thoughts, is there some hidden message associated with your "programming"? Are you one of the programmers of the Matrix Shocked

_________________
Previously known as The_Grey_Beast
Post 02 May 2009, 20:08
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8885
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i read an article regarding gaming AI lately,

giving time roughly 50 years, the gaming quality will be really high that, it almost looks like real. could responds like a "real" human, that even human couldn't differentiate it.

this would back to originial question, what makes a life, living?

if you play counter strike and shot several people in game.. and they are so damn real and it almost looks like you just murder some group of people.

quite scary, isn't it.
Post 04 Jul 2009, 17:18
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8885
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
saw videos, they murdered the dogs using strychnine... oh man...
Post 27 May 2010, 17:30
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
edfed



Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Posts: 4237
Location: 2018
edfed
sleepsleep wrote:
saw videos, they murdered the dogs using strychnine... oh man...

but strychnine is toxic, it is a waste of meat i find...
Post 27 May 2010, 17:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DustWolf



Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 373
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
DustWolf
sleepsleep wrote:
this would back to originial question, what makes a life, living?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life

As for your original question I think killing is an important part of our culture and should not be done away with. Besides, murderous animals are cute.

LP,
Jure
Post 07 Jun 2010, 22:07
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2020, Tomasz Grysztar.

Powered by rwasa.