flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > crabs can feel pain, meat, vegetarian or pill? human eat wat

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Borsuc wrote:
revolution wrote:
Difference between what and what?
Between what you bolded and what we were discussing.
The difference is I am a human (at least I think I am). It is purely self preservation kicking in. I don't want someone else to come along and killing/eating me just because I don't believe in their religion. Ever heard of the golden rule?
Post 11 Apr 2009, 00:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Borsuc

Borsuc
Gives false sense.

I am a living being. I don't want others to kick in just because I am one, as they do to other living beings.

I am also an animal, biologically speaking. Same logic.
Post 11 Apr 2009, 01:38
revolution

revolution
Well we don't really know what (or if) other animals think. But if those other animals are so worried about humans eating them then it is up to them to do something about it. They should form an organisation and have meeting (meatings?) and give talks on how to avoid the humans eating them. Razz
Post 11 Apr 2009, 03:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
Post 11 Apr 2009, 09:48
Borsuc

Borsuc
revolution wrote:
Well we don't really know what (or if) other animals think. But if those other animals are so worried about humans eating them then it is up to them to do something about it. They should form an organisation and have meeting (meatings?) and give talks on how to avoid the humans eating them. Razz
The question is not whether they can think, but whether they can suffer like us Razz

Post 11 Apr 2009, 21:09
revolution

revolution
Borsuc wrote:
The question is not whether they can think, but whether they can suffer like us
So just ask them. How else can we know for sure? Any other method is just guessing.
Post 11 Apr 2009, 23:40
Borsuc

Borsuc
Isn't that what the article in this thread did?
Post 13 Apr 2009, 01:39
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
isn't it cruel too, if we raise chickens / cows / lambs in a quarantined zone, waiting for them to grown up then slaughter them for meat?

i don't know if they need freedom or no?
Post 26 Apr 2009, 22:24
Borsuc

Borsuc
sleepsleep wrote:
i don't know if they need freedom or no?
yeah fortunately the EU has some regulations on that and seems to be at least trying to find the right track (still far from it) than the US savages...

but still far, far from it Confused

Post 26 Apr 2009, 23:31
tom tobias

tom tobias
vid wrote:
That's the way this world works - unless you are a plant, you have to kill other organisms and "steal" fuel from them (so that you don't have to manufacture it all yourself, like all plants do).

OOOPS....
Nope,
not correct.
Wikipedia wrote:
These include about 625 species that attract and trap prey, produce digestive enzymes, and absorb the resulting available nutrients...
Carnivorous plants appear adapted to grow in places where the soil is thin or poor in nutrients, especially nitrogen, such as acidic bogs and rock outcroppings. Charles Darwin wrote the first well-known treatise on carnivorous plants in 1875.
Post 27 Apr 2009, 11:53
macgub

macgub
Meet contains iron, witch is needed to our red blood cells. Iron from plants is worse to use in our body.
Post 29 Apr 2009, 11:53
bogdanontanu

bogdanontanu
macgub wrote:
Meet contains iron, witch is needed to our red blood cells. Iron from plants is worse to use in our body.

Wrong. The iron from meat is dangerous and generates heart attack and cardiovascular diseases, cancer and other problems like diabetes.

Meat is also packed with a lot of toxins that make you weak and ill while vegetables come packed with a lot of vitamins that make you strong and healthy.

See here for debunking the "iron" myth scientifically:
http://www.vegetarian.org.uk/factsheets/iron.html

to move in the opposite direction."
Post 29 Apr 2009, 12:54
f0dder

f0dder
bogdanontanu: so, a vegetarian site is providing 100% accurate and objective facts and don't have any reason to color results a bit?

I suppose a car producing company that debunks global warming is going to be trustworthy as well :p
Post 29 Apr 2009, 13:07
asmcoder

asmcoder
[content deleted]

Last edited by asmcoder on 14 Aug 2009, 14:51; edited 1 time in total
Post 29 Apr 2009, 13:18
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
so.... what should we eat???????
(for the time being, put away religion view)
in term of scientific view, what stuff should man consume??

scientists, come on, we need you.
Post 29 Apr 2009, 18:04
revolution

revolution
I don't think it is about "should", a more appropriate word is "could". Just eat whatever you are comfortable with eating. Don't mentally torture yourself over what you are eating. That is no way to live.

If you want to want something then eat it and enjoy it. If you find that eating something makes you uncomfortable (for whatever reason) then don't eat it. Simple.
Post 29 Apr 2009, 18:13
tom tobias

tom tobias
bogdanontanu wrote:

Wrong. The iron from meat is dangerous and generates heart attack and cardiovascular diseases, cancer and other problems like diabetes. ...

Regarding most topics of computer science, philosophy, or ethics, I find that Bogdan's contributions are excellent. Here, he ventures into uncharted territory, and as a result, there are some inaccuracies. No bigee.

Hyper alimentation of iron causes few problems, as one can verify by search engine.

Diabetes is caused either (type I) by genetic inadequacy, i.e. a lack of the appropriate glucose transport receptor protein, or (type II), in the case of adults, usually overweight, generally past age 50 or so, by insufficient transport capability of the glucose transport receptor protein. Iron plays no role in either type I or type II, so far as I am aware.

"Heart Attacks" = myocardial ischemic disease, result from poor cardiovascular tone, in particular, a consequence of hyperlipidemia, lack of exercise, and obesity. Again, iron plays little or no role.

"Cancer" is a poorly understood problem whereby a particular organ, or tissue or cell of an individual, dedifferentiates, assuming an embyonic form, and commences making proteins DIFFERENT from its intended scope of practice. For example, a liver cell becomes a hepatoma when it ceases following the game plan of all other liver cells, and instead starts manufacturing proteins associated with some endocrine organ, or the big toe, or the brain, or whatever. Cancer, in other words, represents a kind of reversal to embryonic status for some particular part of the body, prostate, lungs, thyroid, or whatever. Iron is not, so far as I am aware, responsible for any part of this transformation process.

One known causitive agent of cancer is sunshine, which, in Caucasians at least, causes malignant transformation of cutaneous epithelial cells, producing melanoma, or a more benign variant, basal cell carcinoma. How does exposure to sun cause degradation of the DNA, leading to the malformation? Google is your friend.
Smile
Post 29 Apr 2009, 21:45
revolution

revolution
It seems that fish can feel pain also. What next, someone will find that plants have pain receptors?
Post 30 Apr 2009, 00:55
comrade

comrade
I heard crab is tasty. Never tried it though, too expensive.

Though I do need meat during my lunch.
Post 30 Apr 2009, 03:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i think,back to square one,
1. we need to define what is life? is conscious equal to living?
2. is that ethical to kill another life in order to consume its meat?

Quote:

If you want to want something then eat it and enjoy it. If you find that eating something makes you uncomfortable (for whatever reason) then don't eat it. Simple.

if i want to eat something, i enjoy it,but realizing in reality that, the animals suffers because due to my "desire" to eat meat... then i found out that,i couldn't eat almost everything.
Post 30 Apr 2009, 03:58

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: