flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > crabs can feel pain, meat, vegetarian or pill? human eat wat

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
hi,
study suggests crabs can feel pain,
http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=crab+feels+pain&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

now, beside crabs, every animals that we human consume actually feel pains too when they are slaughtered.

so, what we human should eat?
human by nature is one issue, but of course, we knew, would you still eat meat, if you knew the chicken is kinda pain.....??? kfc mcdonald?

i been thinking about this since the news leaked, but it is not crab only, all animals feel the pain when they are slaughtered.
Post 08 Apr 2009, 04:06
TmX

TmX
If humans are not allowed to eat meat again, then by the same analogy cats are not allowed to hunt mice, or tigers to hunt deers.

Turn all carnivores into herbivores. Cool... Wink
Post 08 Apr 2009, 05:30
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
That's the way this world works - unless you are a plant, you have to kill other organisms and "steal" fuel from them (so that you don't have to manufacture it all yourself, like all plants do).

But calm down, AFAIK in modern slaughterhouses animals are put into unconsciousness before being killer, so they DON'T feel pain (their self is in another dimension Razz).
Post 08 Apr 2009, 05:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
asmcoder

asmcoder
[content deleted]

Last edited by asmcoder on 14 Aug 2009, 14:52; edited 1 time in total
Post 08 Apr 2009, 13:54
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

If humans are not allowed to eat meat again, then by the same analogy cats are not allowed to hunt mice, or tigers to hunt deers.

it is different in a sense that,
human "knew" that the animal that he is trying to slaughtered will feel "pain" during the process, and i highly doubt the cat feel like what human could feel. (yeah, i don't have supportive evidence)

Quote:

But calm down, AFAIK in modern slaughterhouses animals are put into unconsciousness before being killer, so they DON'T feel pain (their self is in another dimension ).

glad to hear that Smile really. at least i don't have to eat vege all day long Razz Razz

Quote:

thats 1 of my arguments why im better than other humans.

haha... we all got one dick ... thats all Razz

Quote:

ppl feel satisfaction torturing animals, see on youtube you find plenty of movies.

yeah, agree, saw that before, they are kinda weird.
Post 08 Apr 2009, 15:02
Borsuc

Borsuc
The difference is that humans CAN survive without meat, an omnivore animal is either too dumb, or cannot "refuse" it (lack of willpower, so to speak), like an innocent child for example. Saying that we need meat is an insult to our capabilities. REFUSING to use our capabilities is stubborness and greed.
Post 08 Apr 2009, 16:54
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
orly? ppl feel satisfaction torturing animals, see on youtube you find plenty of movies.

Sure there are such people. However, most people in fact feel satisfaction torturing people too when given uncontrolled power over them, but they don't havbe become cannibals because of that). My mother works for one company which also has modern slaughterhouse (fitting EU regulations), and she has been there countless times, so I know a bit better what it looks like than you can quess.
Post 08 Apr 2009, 18:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
asmcoder

asmcoder
[content deleted]

Post 08 Apr 2009, 19:23
Borsuc

Borsuc
vid wrote:
My mother works for one company which also has modern slaughterhouse (fitting EU regulations), and she has been there countless times, so I know a bit better what it looks like than you can quess.
Maybe EU, but in America it's a whole different story.

Also meat is inefficient. I read an article in a newspaper once, that meat as food is wasteful (don't remember the mathematical formula though), because remember, animals need FOOD as well until we eat them. Regardless of whether or not you say non-meat stuff is insufficient, it's not like the animals don't need it. Basically we need it 'indirectly' as well, that's why meat is so wasteful.

@asmcoder: while I agree with you on this viewpoint of humans, I do not think that we need to go down to their level and torture them in return -- there are other ways of stopping them, if that's what you want to achieve.

but sometimes yeah we get very emotional (angry) and want to do revenge. (eye for an eye and all that).

Post 08 Apr 2009, 22:15
f0dder

f0dder
Who gives a shit if meat is inefficient - it tastes good. If we didn't eat meat, we'd get rid of chickens, cows, pigs etc. because we need the space for other stuff.

What we need to get rid of is the muslims and their halal slaughtering practices. Perhaps we should halal-slaughter them and see how they like that? ^_^
Post 09 Apr 2009, 12:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
f0dder wrote:
What we need to get rid of is the muslims and their halal slaughtering practices.Perhaps we should halal-slaughter them and see how they like that?
Whoa. Really? You talk about slaughtering humans as if it is okay as long as they believe in a different religion!
Post 09 Apr 2009, 12:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Exactly. It's only the terrorists, whom we should slaughter, and use to replace meat of poor suffering chickens and cows Laughing
Post 09 Apr 2009, 15:22
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
We just need to genetically engineer people to produce chlorophyll - I'm okay with being green. Very Happy (...but not Soylent Green.) We can already grow meat without the animal!
Post 09 Apr 2009, 16:02
asmcoder

asmcoder
[content deleted]

Post 09 Apr 2009, 17:21
Borsuc

Borsuc
f0dder wrote:
Who gives a shit if meat is inefficient - it tastes good.
Reason?
Drugs feel good too.
Good argument.
People who want to "feel" good should get into the Matrix to not interfere with the others, after all, they'll also get what they want (feelings) without disturbing and causing catastrophe to others. Razz

revolution wrote:
Whoa. Really? You talk about slaughtering humans as if it is okay as long as they believe in a different religion!
What's the difference? Razz

Post 09 Apr 2009, 17:29
TmX

TmX
f0dder wrote:
Who gives a shit if meat is inefficient - it tastes good.

And it's also fattening Laughing
Post 09 Apr 2009, 18:31
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Post 10 Apr 2009, 02:05
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Borsuc wrote:
What's the difference?
Difference between what and what?
Post 10 Apr 2009, 02:08
tom tobias

tom tobias
what?
Post 10 Apr 2009, 09:10
Borsuc

Borsuc
revolution wrote:
Difference between what and what?
Between what you bolded and what we were discussing.

Post 11 Apr 2009, 00:49

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: