flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > how to earn money?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
yeah, me again with some kinda off topic in heap. Cool

most people love money, let me know how you earn money, and what you think, is the best way to earn money legally.

currently, my ways of earning money are
1. selling pc, laptop and accesorries
2. provide computer repair services
3. provide solution to customers software problems.
Post 17 Apr 2009, 00:35
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Depends upon your goal.

If you sole goal is to make as much money as possible then you are in the wrong job. Instead of fixing/repairing existing things perhaps you can create something new.

However on the other side of things, if you don't have as your sole goal to make money, but just enough to live, then do something that you enjoy and don't care about comparing yourself to others.
Post 17 Apr 2009, 01:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
thanks.

yesterday i chat with a boss who running a cafe, sort of starbucks style.

he said, men is human when they are born till 20 something, after that they become bull (work like hell), then become monkey (cheer their grandson), after that, become dog (stay at home), then die.

so true.
Post 18 Apr 2009, 04:46
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
bash.org wrote:
<rizerz> A Japanese doctor said, 'Medicine in my country is so advanced that we
<rizerz> can take a kidney out of one man, put it in another, and have him
<rizerz> looking for work in six weeks.'
<rizerz> A German doctor said, 'That's nothing, we can take a lung out of one
<rizerz> person, put it in another, and have him looking for work in four weeks.'
<rizerz> A British doctor said, 'In my country, medicine is so advanced that we
<rizerz> can take half of a heart out of one person, put it in another, and have
<rizerz> them both looking for work in two weeks.'
<rizerz> A Texas doctor, not to be outdone said, 'You guys are way behind. We
<rizerz> took a man with no brains out of Texas , put him in the White House, and
<rizerz> now half the country is looking for work.
Post 27 Apr 2009, 05:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
sleep^2 wrote:
...some kinda off topic in heap.
Oh, gosh, I didn't realize that there were "on-topic" topics in heap.

sleep^2 wrote:
...most people love money,...
not sure, perhaps, but maybe it is not money, but power, the power to remain alive, for example, in time of war--
"My kingdom for a horse"--
that drives "most people".

Given a death sentence for committing the crime of having inherited a weak immune system, is a 17 year old girl confronting a highly malignant anterior mediastinal tumor, the so-called "terrible teratoma", concerned about money?
Nope, she just wants to be able to breathe again.

sleep^2 wrote:
...the best way to earn money legally.

The best way, that I know, for someone with possession of only a very modest sum of money, to increase their personal wealth, quickly, is through option trading. It is also a very good method to lose that tiny amount of cash very quickly. It differs from gambling only in that the investor, i.e. the options contract trader, is using his/her knowledge of, in this case, technology, in particular, Intel cpu architecture, to "predict" the future.

If one does not succeed in one's trading practice, the worst that can happen, is that one will lose a modest sum of money. On the other hand, if one chooses wisely, the net gains can be phenomenal, far outshadowing any other method of acquiring wealth legally.

Let us take a concrete example, to illustrate.

A few weeks ago, DrHowardDrFine recommended purchase of Apple, and Google. I suggested, in the alternative, purchase of CEO and Microsoft, and clearly, since that time, DrHowardDrFine's recommendations outperformed my own. But, I remain unconvinced that Apple is going to continue to outperform all other stocks. In fact, I believe that it is due for a downward trend. I think it will drop in price. Accordingly, this morning I will purchase "PUT" options for Apple, whereby, I gain, if the stock drops in value, before the expiration date of the contracts.

The Black Scholes theoretical model suggests that the true value of a PUT option contract for AAPL with a 15 May expiration date, and a strike price of $100, is two cents. (no pun intended). The current bid price is much higher, i.e. twenty cents. (therefore, this is not a wise purchase!!!) There are 100 shares per contract, by convention. Therefore a single contract costs twenty dollars. If the price of Apple stock dropped to 99$, before 15 May 2009, what would the value of the option contract be worth? Well, the answer depends upon the time remaining before the contract expires. Let's say, for sake of argument, that this price is reached in two weeks time. Then the value of the contract would be just about the same as the underlying stock price, i.e. 1$ (strike price minus stock price). Since we paid twenty cents, and receive, in this illustration, one dollar, we have gained eighty cents, per share, or eighty dollars for this single contract. The cost of buying and selling contracts varies according to the broker used, in most cases it costs between five and fifteen dollars PER PURCHASE, whether one purchases a single contract, or several contracts. Accordingly, it is most efficient to purchase say, ten contracts, because the broker's fees remain the same.

I will attempt to purchase ten contracts of the Apple put option, symbol qaaqt, for twenty cents, i.e. total cost $200 plus commission, i.e. 215. If apple drops to $95, what would I gain upon sale of the contract on 14 May?
strike price (100) minus stock price (95) = 5 * ten contracts, each with 100 shares, i.e. $5000.00, less the 15 dollar commission.
risk: $215. Gain, in this example, $4,985 - 215 = $4,770.

Of course, I am not sure that one should write that this is the easiest way to "earn" money, so perhaps, sigh, once again, I am offtopic on this offtopic.....

Smile
Post 27 Apr 2009, 11:21
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
thanks tom.. thats insight me alot.
i wonder whether my country stock exchange system functions like urs. maybe i try learn and check first.
Post 27 Apr 2009, 13:25
tom tobias

tom tobias
http://www.klse.com.my/website/bm/
http://biz.thestar.com.my/marketwatch/
http://www.site-by-site.com/asia/mly/astock.htm

Here are some news articles about the Malaysian Stock Market.
Here's a forum where you can inquire...

and, here's the url for the broker I use here in USA. To open an account, you simply fill out the form, and mail it back to Singapore. This method will only allow you access to USA markets, i.e. this method does not work for stocks representing companies in Malaysia.
Sad
Post 27 Apr 2009, 17:42
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
hmm, wanna ask tom,
what if i buy 10 contract for the price to goes up,
and 10 contract for the price to goes down.

would somehow after plus minus, i gain something too? or definitely lose?
Post 30 Apr 2009, 06:30
tom tobias

tom tobias
Yes, you can gain, and gain a lot, by this strategy. This method works especially well in the present volatile marketplace, with big swings up and down, during a short duration, for example one month.
So, let us suppose you purchase 10 contracts for .05 "CALL", i.e. predicting that the stock price will rise, and another 10 contracts for .05 "PUT", predicting the stock price will fall.

A week later, either the price has risen, or fallen, since the date of purchase. So, you sell those contracts, which have gained value. In the meantime, the other contracts, have lost value, not even worth .05. However, another week or two later, the market direction again changes, and now the second group of contracts also becomes worth some small amount, perhaps 0.10. Again you can sell, this time doubling your money.

This method works best trading options contracts that represent the largest volumes bought and sold each day. Thus, for that approach, I suggest ETF's, i.e. electronic traded funds, rather than individual companies. The four biggest, in terms of volume traded are:

etf....Current Price....volume (in millions of shares traded, daily)
SPY.......87.39..............330
QQQQ...33.94..............148
XLF.......10.88..............210
UYG.......3.56...............140

Here's the data from yesterday on just a tiny handful of the many Call and Put options available for each of these four: ("B-S" = Black Scholes)

etf...option symbol..strike...C/P...bid....ask...B-S....volume in thousands
uyg....uufed.............4.......C.....0.15...0.20..0.18....7
.........uufqc..............3.......P.....0.10...0.15..0.11....2

qqqq...qavqd..........30......P.....0.13...0.14..0.04....40
..........qqqej...........37......C.....0.20...0.22..0.30....7

spy.....swges...........97......C.....0.09...0.12..0.22....1
..........szcqy............77......P.....0.28...0.31..0.09....5

xlf.......xjzqi.............9.......P.....0.13...0.15..0.07....80
..........xjzel.............12......C.....0.21...0.24..0.26....90
Post 30 Apr 2009, 12:56

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >