flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > tipping points: human induced global climate change

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
avi

avi

Post 01 Jul 2008, 18:43
HyperVista

HyperVista
Pure B.S!! Warming exists, but it's due to natural sunspot activity. The polar caps on Mars are melting and the last time I checked there are no factories, SUVs or coal burning powerplants on Mars.

Scientists have correlated sunspot activity though the years with raising temperatures and subsequent cooling. Plain and simple. Carbon dioxide levels lag by about 8 years the warming trend, they don't proceed it and therefore not a factor. The global warming movement is a political movement.
Post 01 Jul 2008, 21:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
it's natural, it's the summer now. Smile
winters are always cold for me. and summer is always the same temperature.
Post 01 Jul 2008, 21:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
avi

avi
HyperVista wrote:

Warming exists, but it's due to natural sunspot activity. ... The global warming movement is a political movement.

paleoclimatology from ice cores x 100k years
earth's orbit: eccentricity, obliquity, precession
Serbian mathematician Milankovitch's theory:
most recent stadial
NASA wrote:
Because ice cores also revealed that carbon dioxide levels are much higher today than at any time recorded in the past 750,000 years, pinning down the cause-and-effect relationship between carbon dioxide and climate change continues to be a focal point of modern climate research.

links to EVIDENCE based theories though, HyperVista, your opinions (in concurrence with those of Michael H.) are not unwelcome! Candor and skepticism are generally beneficial, in any debate. Moreover, obviously, politics surely DOES have a HUGE role in CO2 production!!! I wonder how much more heat is generated by ten billion people, than the one billion, inhabiting Earth a century ago? A negligible amount of heat, you suppose, when compared with that generated by solar flares=sunspots?
Smile

my namesake
Avicenna: physician, mathematician, philosopher and astronomer

Post 02 Jul 2008, 09:48
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
AFAIK most scientists in the world agree that actions of mankind play significant role in global warming phenomena. But I haven't studied this too deeply yet.

I haven't heard about any controversy outside USA - everwhere else people acknowledge human actions play some role here. My personal quess would be this is another instance of "is smoking dangerous?" type controversy, where corporations are trying to affect politics in order to make more money.

But, as I said, this is only preliminary opinion, will need to do more research. Of course, plurality of opinions is important.
Post 02 Jul 2008, 14:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
It's best to stop drinking if you are at the tipping point. Another option would be to sit down in a comfortable place. In this strained condition we often lack the capacity to accurately judge the delayed effects of a fall.

Post 02 Jul 2008, 18:02
shoorick

shoorick
and stop smoking to decrease global warming!
Post 03 Jul 2008, 05:52

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: