flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > French Tutorial

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
edfed

edfed
i edit this post to say:

francophones forums are s***, is it due to the spoken language? full of sarcastic 2nd degree sentences and too much moderated. i was banned cause i wrote:
Quote:

i was fucked by my ex employer, about the pay i had in this time.

the fucked word in french "enculer", is the cause of this ban.
not only that, but it was the word in exess for them. due to the forum rules? pffff.

here, i frequentlly see words like fuckin, boring, crappy, sux, and it's not banned.

i don't continue this tutorial, or if somebody on this board want it, ok, but you shall be a long date fasm member. if not, i simply ignore your request.

Last edited by edfed on 28 Jan 2008, 02:44; edited 2 times in total
Post 13 Jan 2008, 19:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
French people should just learn English.
Post 13 Jan 2008, 19:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
yes i know, but it's easier to make a fasm tut than to make an eng tut.
and all pure frenshies i know dislike the english language ( like my brother) Laughing
Post 13 Jan 2008, 19:48
Madis731

Madis731
Yes, I've heard that before - French people don't like English very much. Some may warm up, though when spoken a few words in French, like "I'm sorry, I don't speak French well" and then continue in English.

I don't want to make this thread political and by all means Tutorials in native language are the best. It just doesn't get to my brain why people get angry at some language (rather than just a country or race). Even if I am a racist (which I'm not) I'm still proud to know and learn every possible language I can. Because not only English people speak English. There are US, Australia, New Zealand, Malta, etc.
Post 14 Jan 2008, 12:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
dap

dap
Any good French programmer can understand "technical" English - documentation and so on. However a few people read English as easily as French, so it's normal to consider writing at least one FASM tutorial in French.
edfed : do you consider writing a more general tutorial about ASM programming ?

Post 14 Jan 2008, 13:21
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
Viva La FASM!

Need to really know something before you can hate it properly. Laughing
Post 14 Jan 2008, 15:42
edfed

edfed
i consider the writing of a tricky asm tut.
Post 14 Jan 2008, 16:39
tom tobias

tom tobias
moi, je crois que ce soit meilleur d'apporter ces ideas aux "heap". Bienque ce n'ai pas facile d'exprimer "heap", mais je suppose que tous les FASM forumers d'origin Francaise, connaisaient bien Monet: 1890 "Wheatstacks", FOIN, ou meme meilleur: du 1865 "Haystacks at Chailly at Sunrise"
http://www.glyphs.com/art/monet/
Ces sont des "heaps".
Smile
Post 14 Jan 2008, 20:25
Madis731

Madis731
Actually (seen from the movies Smile ) American people usually take French as their second language - maybe its because of Canada; maybe its for other reasons...
Post 15 Jan 2008, 07:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
I may be in error, but I believe that most citizens of USA have not yet learned even one language let alone two. The most popular foreign language taught in USA, in former times, one hundred years ago, was German, because two hundred years ago, German, not English, was the language of almost half the population--a result of the influx of Germans brought in by General Washington to fight the British, necessary, since the majority of the inhabitants of the original 13 Colonies OPPOSED the American, minority led, French encouraged, coup d'etat against the British monarchy. Today, I guess that Spanish, NOT French, is the second language of USA. For example, all voting ballots are written in both English and Spanish, and the automated messages on telephone prompts, always provide an option, spoken in Spanish, to listen to the entire message in Spanish. Spanish native speakers in USA represent about 20% of the population. In some cities, for example, Brownsville, Texas, THE ENTIRE CITY government, police, newspapers, radio, television, EVERYTHING, is Spanish, NOT English. To my ear, French is far more attractive, than Spanish, but, in part that is because of my dislike of the Spanish habit of confounding B with V. How wonderful that FASM is documented in English, and not Polish! Loco, shouldn't this charming thread be transposed to "heap"?
Smile
Post 15 Jan 2008, 10:36
MHajduk

MHajduk
tom tobias wrote:
How wonderful that FASM is documented in English, and not Polish!
I don't see any contradictions to existing of FASM tutorial in any spoken language used in this world. Wink

Of course, I understand what you mean ("Fortunately, we haven't to learn Polish to understand FASM tutorial"). Wink If I remember properly, Tomasz decided to write FASM tutorial only in English, because of:
  • lack of time,
  • very small number of Polish FASM programmers.
Post 15 Jan 2008, 11:01
ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel
The official fasm documentation is very well written and easy to understand.
Besides, maintenance becomes a problem when you have documentation in many different languages. And someone would eventually come and ask for a manual in swahili.

Quote:
However a few people read English as easily as French

Maybe the problem is a lack of will to learn English. English is quite easy to learn and has a vocabulary similar to French without the whole bunch of rules and exceptions to the rule as found in French.
Post 15 Jan 2008, 13:33
Picnic

Picnic
tom tobias wrote:
How wonderful that FASM is documented in English, and not Polish!
Sure is tom, a wise decision.
Even so, my English are not good and i often using online translation tools, also google's spell checking is cool.

Irrelevant, today i printout fasm's Programmer's Manual.
It looks good, 38 pages, now i can lie down on my sofa and read Smile

Post 15 Jan 2008, 21:00
edfed

edfed
Quote:
The official fasm documentation is very well written and easy to understand.
Besides, maintenance becomes a problem when you have documentation in many different languages. And someone would eventually come and ask for a manual in swahili.

exactlly, thats why is can translate it, because i understand it.

if i translate for frensh, it's a sort of politic action,
if lazy frenshies can read the doc in frensh, they will understand that the use of the asm for coding is not the hell.
and it will help me to understand more the MACRO mecanism and other stuff. because i try to provide application exemple for each chapter. indead, i'll be capable to program applications on windows and on linux, because i will show graduals exemples..

thimis:
good idea, i have printed some chapters of the intel manuals, result, 200 pages and the fasm manual.
good to read in the subway or the bus, early in the morning or after the work.
Post 15 Jan 2008, 23:54

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: