flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Global madness

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
redsock

redsock
Just wanted to drop a note to you all hoping that none of you are suffering directly as a result of all of this COVID-19 insanity.

Tonight at midnight they are closing our state borders to neighbouring states in our country for the first time since 1918. After closing all of the tourism industry, all pubs, restaurant dining, etc millions here are suddenly without work and businesses.

Sparing a thought for all those in hardship at the moment and hopeful that it doesn't get awful before it gets better.

Cheers and stay safe everyone.

Post 24 Mar 2020, 07:56
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Welcome to the new normal.

The conspiracy theorists are out in force claiming all sorts of bollocks.

The "authorities" are out in force claiming different sorts of bollocks.

And the end result is it will be hard times for everyone, regardless of what they choose to believe.

I saw the movie "Contagion" a few years ago and the parallels to what is happening now are amazing. It's like we are all starring in the 2020 remake.

It will all end in tears.
Post 24 Mar 2020, 12:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DimonSoft

DimonSoft
The way Sweden decided to choose looks very promising. Might give quite a lot of confirmed cases maybe the same or somewhat lower number of deaths for the firt wave but should prevent Sweden from suffering the second wave which is usually much more dangerous.
Post 24 Mar 2020, 12:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
st

st
That is how the Great Depression #2 looks like.
Post 25 Mar 2020, 04:58
Furs

Furs
I still see idiots who think the quarantine is ridiculous and people overblow it.

I don't think they realize that the amount of people who recover includes those which need intensive care, which are a lot. They look at numbers and see 90% recover, so they think all of them can easily recover at home.

Now imagine what happens if the health care system is overloaded with these idiots trying to recover because they didn't respect the quarantine? Sounds like death rate will suddenly soar.

Can we send them to Mars? They can infect anyone they want there.
Post 25 Mar 2020, 17:14
Ali.Z

Ali.Z
i agree with Furs.
plus: be safe everyone.

Post 26 Mar 2020, 02:10
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
It's good to be among such a level headed group.

Today is the first day of my state's (Idaho) lockdown. It is quite rural and thankfully no deaths from this, yet. Feels kind of helpless being told the best thing to do is nothing. When many people around you die it creates an atmosphere of despair and uncertainty. I hope that with greater sharing of data and research we can at least reduce the uncertainty.

Post 26 Mar 2020, 09:53
revolution

revolution
Many countries have closed all their borders and ports.

I was scheduled to finish my secondment and return soon but those flights have been cancelled. Now it is impossible for me to find a route back in the near future. There are no transit ports that will allow me to pass through. I've booked a flight 3 months hence, but they could well be cancelled also, or the transit ports might remain closed, or the world might stop spinning or something. Yuck.
Post 26 Mar 2020, 21:33
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
everyone, stay safe,
Post 26 Mar 2020, 22:17
DimonSoft

DimonSoft
Most of us will have to deal with the virus before the threat goes away. No quarantine can prevent the virus from disappearing completely, especially since for most people it doesn’t manifest itself at all.
Furs wrote:
They look at numbers and see 90% recover, so they think all of them can easily recover at home.
We can also look at numbers and see which part of the whole population is infected. And then we can speculate about how many people have already gotten the virus and their immune systems defeated it without the person even knowing.

That media pays a lot of attention to those who die or need intensive care doesn’t mean it is common. It’s something between the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon and availability cascade. Cognitive bias.
Post 28 Mar 2020, 16:00
pelaillo
Missing in inaction

pelaillo
This is my second week of full lockdown. I went out of home just one hour to the grocery store. Positive thing is that we are enjoying family time.

I'm most worried for what comes next. After an economic shutdown so severe, it's difficult to make any plans for the future. However, I'm preparing for a new renaissance.

I'm currently living of my savings but having to pay four employees and no sales at all they won't last longer...
Post 29 Mar 2020, 04:18
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
i got cough, short of breath, panic attack,

damn it,

i hope i can survive,
Post 29 Mar 2020, 09:07
Furs

Furs
sleepsleep wrote:

damn it,

i hope i can survive,
If you also get fever you should get yourself checked up, but I don't know if that's a good idea anymore. You might not be infected and then get the virus from the hospital. Confused
Post 29 Mar 2020, 12:40
revolution

revolution
Call your doctor before going to visit. Get some real advice from a trained professional.

Apparently fever is not present in 100% of cases.
Post 29 Mar 2020, 13:35
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Furs wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:

damn it,

i hope i can survive,
If you also get fever you should get yourself checked up, but I don't know if that's a good idea anymore. You might not be infected and then get the virus from the hospital. Confused

this is what i fear, contracting the virus from hospital visit,

my cough and short of breath is kinda intermittent,

i notice i could breath smoothly especially after the moment i woke up, no fever, no headache, or dizziness,

how come this machine got so many bugs,
Post 29 Mar 2020, 14:56
Ali.Z

Ali.Z

Post 29 Mar 2020, 16:57
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
Post 31 Mar 2020, 13:33
revolution

revolution
Post 31 Mar 2020, 21:49
Picnic

Picnic
Here the government took immediate actions that seems to have some results. At this moment out of 1,314 reported coronavirus cases there have been 49 deaths. Most shops are closed while those still open are operated by limited personnel. Banks and supermarkets are open. There is a traffic ban and you need to send 1 sms, or fill out 1 form stating the reasons for moving. I'm still working, I don't know how much though. Every night, very late, I take my kids (one each day) and go and run in a nearby park. It is possible that in a few days a total ban will be imposed. Depending on the course of the virus outbreaks. I wish you all good luck.
Post 01 Apr 2020, 08:28
guignol

guignol
Picnic wrote:
Every night, very late, I take my kids (one each day) and go and run in a nearby park.
is this a joke
Post 01 Apr 2020, 08:40

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: