flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 210, 211, 212 ... 221, 222, 223  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Sure, I think maybe they calculate differently for 36 months, normally the return will be higher in one shot fd.

revolution wrote:

But if the longer term is a lower return then that means the bank has a low confidence in the future value of the money.

Maybe, logically the return should be higher in longer term, since they locked up your money for their purposes,

I will ask them during next visit.

~

In another part of world, we still thinking how to create a better world.
Post 10 Aug 2019, 08:31
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Longer term means more stability for you, but more risk for the bank, so a lower return is offered. It does them no good to have your money if the economy is tanking and they have committed to giving you a high return. They could lose money. And banks don't like to lose money.

With short term they can change the rate offered faster to match the current situation. More return for you, lower risk for the bank. They risk only one month of payment. After that they could decide to stop offering anything.
Post 10 Aug 2019, 09:27
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DimonSoft

DimonSoft
revolution wrote:
Longer term means more stability for you, but more risk for the bank, so a lower return is offered. It does them no good to have your money if the economy is tanking and they have committed to giving you a high return. They could lose money. And banks don't like to lose money.

With short term they can change the rate offered faster to match the current situation. More return for you, lower risk for the bank. They risk only one month of payment. After that they could decide to stop offering anything.

Might depend on the country. For instance, in our country these days higher rates are used for longer terms. Even higher rates if one is not allowed to have their money back before the end of the term.

Well, in fact there’re even two kinds of rates: constant ones and those tied to some special number that gets changed by some governmental structure from time to time.
Post 10 Aug 2019, 11:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
it actually brings one critical question, the supply and demand of money,

who create monies? Laughing and who actually been victimized to become slave? and who actually holding the power and standing at the top money creation chain?

this injustice and unbalance system would get terminate when people having the power to invent their own monetary system, a fair system that allow people to exchange fairly,

basically, all platform that having users IS HAVING THE ABILITY to create their own monetary system,

anything that is large is able to form their own currency,

the distribution of wealth, idk if it is something we should tackle first if we intend to have a fair system? maybe,
Post 10 Aug 2019, 13:39
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
it actually brings one critical question, the supply and demand of money,

who create monies? Laughing and who actually been victimized to become slave? and who actually holding the power and standing at the top money creation chain?

this injustice and unbalance system would get terminate when people having the power to invent their own monetary system, a fair system that allow people to exchange fairly,

basically, all platform that having users IS HAVING THE ABILITY to create their own monetary system,

anything that is large is able to form their own currency,

the distribution of wealth, idk if it is something we should tackle first if we intend to have a fair system? maybe,
If you look back through this thread all this has been discussed before.

Governments create money. That is their job. If they create too much then inflation becomes a problem as we have seen in various countries the past. If they create too little then that also creates problems. They have to balance the supply against the demand. It isn't an easy thing to figure out.

And you can create your own currency. But the hard part is to get people to accept it as worthwhile, and getting all the major governments to accept it as legal. Bitcoin is an example of user generated value as a form of currency. You can debate how worthwhile a bitcoin is and that is what creates the volatility. If a major government was to support bitcoin with the value of the country behind it then it could become much more stable.
Post 10 Aug 2019, 16:37
revolution

revolution
DimonSoft wrote:
Might depend on the country. For instance, in our country these days higher rates are used for longer terms. Even higher rates if one is not allowed to have their money back before the end of the term..
That would suggest the bank is predicting the monetary value to decrease in the long term (i.e. high inflation). Do you currently have high inflation in your country?
Post 10 Aug 2019, 16:42
DimonSoft

DimonSoft
revolution wrote:
DimonSoft wrote:
Might depend on the country. For instance, in our country these days higher rates are used for longer terms. Even higher rates if one is not allowed to have their money back before the end of the term..
That would suggest the bank is predicting the monetary value to decrease in the long term (i.e. high inflation). Do you currently have high inflation in your country?

Well, it was officially 5.6% in 2018, but it used to be quite high previously, in 2000 and 2011, decreasing during the next years, so it must be devaluation expectations that mostly cause such rates.
Post 10 Aug 2019, 17:19
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

If you look back through this thread all this has been discussed before.

in this ever changing world, environment, surely there is serious need to discuss this, especially when it concerns everybody on earth.

revolution wrote:
Governments create money.

maybe governments shouldn't create money?

what i mean here is, the creation of money should be transparent, simple, since this concern everybody,

revolution wrote:
And you can create your own currency. But the hard part is to get people to accept it as worthwhile, and getting all the major governments to accept it as legal.

my understanding is, nobody will reject something which is more fair,

eg. in the case, you divide the cake but let others choose which slice they prefer.

the idea of human have zero say on policies that affect them is not much different from algorithm that send human to hell or heaven,

~
Jupiter just got slammed by something so big we saw it from Earth
https://www.cnet.com/news/jupiter-just-got-slammed-by-something-so-big-we-saw-it-from-earth/
https://twitter.com/ChappelAstro

Jeffrey Epstein dead in apparent suicide
https://nypost.com/2019/08/10/convicted-pedophile-jeffrey-epstein-dead/
Post 10 Aug 2019, 21:12
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
maybe governments shouldn't create money?
What/who do you suggest as a replacement?
sleepsleep wrote:
what i mean here is, the creation of money should be transparent, simple, since this concern everybody,
It is both transparent and simple. It isn't a secret. The monetary supply is taught and studied freely. If you are really interested then your local library would probably have many books on economic mechanisms and theories. Or you can take courses to learn.
Post 10 Aug 2019, 21:25
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
revolution wrote:

It is both transparent and simple. It isn't a secret. The monetary supply is taught and studied freely. If you are really interested then your local library would probably have many books on economic mechanisms and theories. Or you can take courses to learn.

i beg to differ, simple and fair is you divided the cake but let others choose which slice they want, what happened now is the people who divided the cake, get to choose which slice he wants, and he could take up all slices too if he intended so.

the idea of complexing the whole thing is to allow people to insert excuses for short-cut, basically, when system got no raw idea and objective, we then put lots of words to camouflage.

how many words do we need for justice and fair? thousand books with million pages?
Post 11 Aug 2019, 06:06
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
trading = process of exchanging something of value,

do you want to trade USD 100 for MYR 100? obviously nobody will trade unless they are really desperate.

creation of money should benefit citizen of particular country / game directly, if we are to create 1,000 coins, the way to roll that out would be deposit 1 coins for each gamer, assume our game got 1k players.

let say system decide to buy 1 new server, the ideal way to roll that out would be allow people to chip in and let them share the profit of their decision in future, it could be failure too, it should then be the decision of gamers to decide whether they want to invest or not.

everybody who hold this currency should have a direct say when "whoever" decide to depreciate it with new printing 1 billion coins.

if we don't start with ideal like this, eventually the whole system will get corrupted, and eltie / controller just create money to buy whatever they want, at the same time, depreciate currency value,

~
the idea of interest on fd and interest on loan is a bussiness trading,

loan rate will definitely higher than fd rate,

bank is the middle man who guarantee deposits, they are keeper, let say they loan 5.33% PA (Alliance Bank Malaysia) FD rate is 3.10% PA, difference is their pay,

~
willing seller, willing buyer,
but the role of system is to provide the most basic needs in afforadable price, and those who participate in maintaining supply of basic needs, those items / sales must be tax exempted,

~
evey coin must have a unique id, and there should have a maximum amount a person could hold, company is combination of person, so to increase maximum amount, company must engage people, (the ideal is those who contribute must have equal share inside a company)

~

what thing without limit? a register, variable, string, water, air, gold, every resources got limit, why accumulator doesn't has limit? it doesn't makes sense.
Post 11 Aug 2019, 10:38
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep wrote:
revolution wrote:

i beg to differ, simple and fair is you divided the cake but let others choose which slice they want, what happened now is the people who divided the cake, get to choose which slice he wants, and he could take up all slices too if he intended so.

the idea of complexing the whole thing is to allow people to insert excuses for short-cut, basically, when system got no raw idea and objective, we then put lots of words to camouflage.

how many words do we need for justice and fair? thousand books with million pages?
You previously said transparent, but now you introduce fair. They are not the same thing.
Post 11 Aug 2019, 12:24
Furs

Furs
For what it's worth, money creation depends on the country. In the US, the Federal Reserve creates money, and the Fed is not part of the government, though Trump wants it to be. (he's always ranting about it)

And yeah, inflation is a real problem, but so is deflation. In a deflationary world, people tend to save up the money, since it will be worth more tomorrow. If people save, they don't spend, which creates a dead economy. The government doesn't want that.

Remember the guy who spent bitcoin on pizza many years ago which would now be worth millions of dollars? That's exactly why people would rather save than spend, since bitcoin is a perfect example of a deflationary model.

So yeah, it's hard to balance.
Post 11 Aug 2019, 12:47
revolution

revolution
Furs wrote:
The government doesn't want that [a dead economy].
Nobody wants that, except those people that reject all modern progress and want to go back to the stone age. Which in itself might not be a bad thing, but then we couldn't support a 7+ billion population with only a stone age progress level.
Post 11 Aug 2019, 13:05
revolution

revolution
sleepsleep might like this:

https://www.businessinsider.com/danish-bank-offers-mortgages-at-negative-interest-rates-2019-8
Quote:
A Danish bank is offering mortgages at a 0.5% negative interest rate — meaning it is basically paying people to borrow money
Borrow from Denmark at -0.5% and invest in your +3.4%.

So what's the catch?
Quote:
It should be noted that even with a negative interest rate, banks often charge fees linked to the borrowing, which means homeowners could still pay back more.
So make sure you check the fee structure before you sign up.
Post 11 Aug 2019, 19:25
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
sleepsleep wrote:

you divided the cake but let others choose which slice they want,

this is actually one of the very great example of transparency in creation and fair at distribution.

growth takes changes, essentially they are exactly like plant, a strong base allow higher grow, there always a limit in how large a flower could be, how large the root could grow and etc, there always a limit in everything,

transparency induce confidence, especially people could see and observe how something from nothing into something,

balance is not far from stable, like those code released, no additional features, except bug fixes,

chaos should be identified and people with desire to harm others, should be made powerless,

all kinds of brainwashing succeeded because the lack of logic and common senses,

there is zero hope in a society that could threatened you, jailed you, kill you because of opinon you voiced that based on logic,

we don't need politician, we just need system,

there are billions and more who die, who die in vain, who die of unnecessary causes,

the separation of extremist and common people is a must, there are people who wouldn't second thought to kill, to annihilate whatever that blocked him/her,
Post 12 Aug 2019, 04:07
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i actually got a scary thought today, it becomes so real inside my mind that i need some space and changes to process it,

example you are kidnapped, captured, or hostaged,

so, that lunatic wants to cut off your arm, you see, (he is crazy, and there is no words or etc to communicate with him, he simply does whatever he seems wanted)

the moment from his decision to cut off your arm, to your arm really gone, is just a blink of an eye, the next moment, your arm is gone,

he proceeds with intention to cut off your leg and so on, what we are dealing here is total insanity, and what will happen to soul that encountered this?

what kind of mental preparation one needed to counter such situation?

we could face more than craziness, the situation that force you to submit totally unless you willing to let go your life, your existence,

having a gun at point blank range, he threaten to blow your head unless you do something,

threaten logically signifies he is weak, he is powerless, thats why a need to force you through something else to fulfil his demand,

but fear is something inside us, we don't want to die or get hurt, at least no sane person want to taste pain,

maybe as long as we still attach to something, we wouldn't be free,

unless there is a witness inside you that allow you to see through death, you saw another life there,

even inside another system, we will still face all the exact same problems in our current moment, curiosity is the key to knowledge,

there will be some sort of system there that determine where you proceed, in fact, it just a change from a smaller jail to a larger jail,
Post 12 Aug 2019, 13:31
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
i had a dream few days ago,

i am dead and the next thing conscious i wanted to do is to tell the another person i an dead.

it was so real and i kept on thinking about this after i woke up,

the scariest thing would be, you are dead, all memories gone, you no longer exists
Post 12 Aug 2019, 14:52
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
i had a dream few days ago,

i am dead and the next thing conscious i wanted to do is to tell the another person i an dead.

it was so real and i kept on thinking about this after i woke up,
I had experienced such kind of dreams at least a few times in the past.

The "scenario" of that dreams was always very similar:
  • I was among the people,
  • suddenly something happened, as if someone turned off a switch and everything started to become odd and faded,
  • I could talk to people but they didn't seem to see and hear me,
  • I felt a great grief that grown with time.
From the psychological point of view, the dream about death and dying tells us that we have been transforming internally and our old, "obsolete" mental structure has been superseded by something completely new. So, we should interprete such dreams rather as something positive and giving hope.
sleepsleep wrote:
the scariest thing would be, you are dead, all memories gone, you no longer exists
IMO, the most scary thing would be being dead and completely conscious of that fact.
Post 12 Aug 2019, 15:17
sleepsleep

sleepsleep
trucks entering hong kong, not good,
China has moral high ground, and Hong Kong youngsters probably too young to understand all these,

we need catalyst, China needs to emerge as good guy, disasters whatever to allow China comes in and help, 911

asteroid falls on Hong Kong, chemical, bio weapon,
Post 12 Aug 2019, 22:09

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 210, 211, 212 ... 221, 222, 223  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: