flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Windows 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
it is more than updates, there are no driver for devices on win7, and 8
Post 12 Jul 2018, 01:03
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:
it is more than updates, there are no driver for devices on win7, and 8
AFAICT in most cases drivers are written by the manufacturers, unless it is one of the common mobo devices. It has always been normal for them to not develop drivers for older Windows versions. But if you already have a driver working then there is no need for updates, right?
Post 12 Jul 2018, 01:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
i am aware that it is a normal practice to not support older devices,

my issue is those manufacturers, OEM should actually provide at least drivers for last previous version os, in this case, windows 8.1

since the windows 10 pro came with downgrade right to windows 8.1 pro, if there are no drivers for Windows 8.1, how the consumers going to exercise the downgrade rights?

and they keep on pushing more and more rubbishes into win 10, damn it,

you got unlock by phone, xbox, the stupid setting to clone control panel, keep on stealing resources, bandwidth that mean for consumers specific usage,

seriously, what is the f wrong with ms windows developers,
Post 12 Jul 2018, 16:58
revolution

I think the solution is to using Windows 10, or at the very least stop updating it. The more people that use it, the more MS is encouraged to keep adding more stuff. So if you kill the demand then you will kill the supply.
Post 12 Jul 2018, 19:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:

or at the very least stop updating it.

they dont allow consumers to disable update Crying or Very sad

the only usable version most likely is the ltsb version for enterprise which only available for enterprise Laughing

the server core is my candidate actually, just need extra utilities open source then we could have something usable,
Post 12 Jul 2018, 20:29
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
they dont allow consumers to disable update Crying or Very sad
You might be able to kill it with a registry setting and/or a DNS setting and/or a firewall setting.
Post 12 Jul 2018, 20:49
sleepsleep

damn it bastard windows 10 is hogging the whole disk io, keep on download and update the bastard even after i set up 1803, damn it, just f waiting time
Post 15 Jul 2018, 06:51
revolution

MS owns your computer. You should be grateful that they let use occasionally for your own purposes.

Thanks MS for letting me use m̶y̶̶ your computer for 10 minutes per day. Smile
Post 15 Jul 2018, 09:22
sleepsleep

Laughing,
i end up asking my client to purchase SSD, 1803 doesn't seems comfortable working with mechanical hard drive, the whole thing became so slow because ms detected the PC is having high bandwidth, so they keep on pushing stuff into that poor pc,
Post 15 Jul 2018, 09:54

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: