flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143 ... 153, 154, 155  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
i see nothing wrong with 1366:x768 on a small screen too,

regarding your waste of energy,
it strucks me as, how are you going to waste energy? this energy thing was never created and never get destroyed,

but does qhd, fhd consume more electricity compare to hd, 1366x768? i don't think so,
Post 13 Jun 2018, 01:37
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

It takes more energy from the CPU/GPU to render higher resolution images. It takes more energy for the screen to illuminate more pixels. It takes more energy to manufacture screens with more pixels.
Post 13 Jun 2018, 03:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
no sure if i posted before this thought,

what actually differentiate the mantra chant to music?
i was informed that, those souls (idk what i am talking here, just passing some information i gathered) will come nearby those sound, as they are more likely to get aroused (not sure if this is the correct word here) by sound and fragrance aroma,

if let say you are chanting some sanskrit mantra, and let say, you dont even know whats the meaning of voices that coming out from your mouth, and how would those "souls" know?

@revolution,
more energy means how much more there? a 100% increment from 1366x768?, a 0.5% extra?

and my handset fullhd screen consume less power than laptop 1366x768,

let say, a 14inches 1366x768, with a 1920x1080 14inches,
they covered equal physical area, the 1366 have bigger dot, 1920 have smaller dot,
if i change the brightness to liquid, they are essentially equal amount of liquid,

it is usually more complicated to place more dots inside an area compare to less dots, but i justify that extra effort as the result of more dots are more useful and provide more functionality with vr etc possibilities,

and coding in 1920 is better experience compare to 1366, imo,
Post 13 Jun 2018, 11:24
revolution

I don't know how much increase in energy., it depends upon many factors. But if everything else were exactly the same except that one has 1024x768 and another has 3840x2160, then the higher resolution system would need more power to run the display.

I'd say don't worry about the extra energy usage. If you like it, then use it. There are much larger uses of energy that dwarf any commercial PC or phone. e.g. your car, in both daily usage and during production and destruction..

As for mantras and whatnot: It's is all just talk. No proof. I think you can also ignore that stuff until someone comes up with some real evidence.
Post 13 Jun 2018, 11:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:

As for mantras and whatnot: It's is all just talk. No proof. I think you can also ignore that stuff until someone comes up with some real evidence.

there got to be something that actually motivate people to sit there the whole day and night to meditate,

i will allow my doubt to surface and see how it guides me, Smile
Post 13 Jun 2018, 12:18
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
there got to be something that actually motivate people to sit there the whole day and night to meditate,
Sure there is. Plain and simple human nature. Just because people do it doesn't mean it is anything more than just what you see, someone sitting around making noises. They can make all the claims they want to, but without evidence it is probably just self delusion.
Post 13 Jun 2018, 12:46
sleepsleep

is like nobody could transmit to you how hot and spicy are that Korean hot ramen, unless we open our taste buds and accept that ramen,

does this sound logical to you?

time appear instant, or appear like one whole dragging night, all depend on our mind,

most likely they are experiencing their kind of time flow while meditating, idk, but my doubt brings me there,

another thought is, how to fight fear, fear of dying,
is like you are wounded suddenly, hope to fight dear in such situation, how to turn fear into something else,

is like right now, rarely we think, we gonna die, you keep on believing next moment is available to us,
Post 13 Jun 2018, 14:02
revolution

We can test spiciness easily, and everyone has a different opinion about that of course. But we have no test for things that someone else claims to see in their mind. The current best explanation is simply a dream or self delusion (or just lying).
Post 13 Jun 2018, 17:03
sleepsleep

well, what is real?

but if you take a look at dog or other animals, most of the time they react to things that unseen by us, or the earthquake, tsunami or etc,

we probably havent explore into that kinda realm, i felt i need to take these with open mind,

let say we are about to meet with someone who has such qualities, capable to see stuffs that unseen by us, able to know in realtime the secrets on the other side of world, the history, etc, able to locate the missing treasures, airplanes, etc,

basically, a potential god, in human flesh,

what is the best question to ask him/her?
Post 14 Jun 2018, 07:40
revolution

Your reality is what you perceive. But that doesn't necessarily equate to what other people perceive. Like I mentioned above, it might be real to them. But it is only to them. They can describe what they saw. But how can you test for that? It is well known that people can create false memories of things. Those memories are real to them.

As for animals reacting to things unseen: Dogs, and many other animals, can hear things we can't hear, High pitched sounds etc. Also dogs can smell things much more acutely than us. But we can test for those things. Those things make physical changes in our environment which we can measure.

So if you want to "explore into that kinda realm" then find a way to test for it. If there is no physical test then it can easily be explained away as simply self delusion, or mental illness, or false memories, etc. But that doesn't make it any less real to the person experiencing those things, it just means that no one else can verify the state of their mind.
Post 14 Jun 2018, 07:50
sleepsleep

true, our reality is what we perceive,
but what majority perceive as real doesnt make it more real compare to what minority perceive,

idk how to test my dream, so far i could only do memory marking, eg, doing something before something, even there are too many flaws with that method,

remember the dream, wallet at the back of my trouser, the system could fill up any kind of void with some other memory to persuade us to by pass our investigation,

if, as you said, people create false memories which is demonstrated by some scientists, then how come we dont doubt whatever that we got now, could be false memory too,

which push us into what is real,

maybe it is kinda scary too, to discover nothing is real, then what is what,
Post 14 Jun 2018, 10:03
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
but does qhd, fhd consume more electricity compare to hd, 1366x768? i don't think so,
Are you serious? qhd, fhd are more data to process. More data always consumes more energy. I'm not even talking about displaying it (though that's another reason!), but simply the processing required in the CPU and GPU to draw stuff. You need twice as much for twice the data, period.

It doesn't matter if you add more parallel stuff to do it in the same amount of time. Parallelization does not make stuff more efficient, since the power use scales linearly (e.g. doing 2 stuff in parallel requires twice the resources, at the very minimum).

You don't have to know anything about computers to realize this simple universal fact.

Of course, your entire laptop isn't going to consume twice as much energy. Since a lot of energy is wasted for other stuff, not just displaying. I'm talking about energy consumption of the screen only though, not the total.

sleepsleep wrote:
but what majority perceive as real doesnt make it more real compare to what minority perceive,
Find a way for it to be independent of anyone's perceive then. Like, you know, use a tool that can measure it and display what you need. Wink Anyone can perceive a computer screen.
Post 14 Jun 2018, 11:58
sleepsleep

Furs wrote:

Are you serious? qhd, fhd are more data to process. More data always consumes more energy. I'm not even talking about displaying it (though that's another reason!), but simply the processing required in the CPU and GPU to draw stuff. You need twice as much for twice the data, period.

just how much more is more, Laughing

is it possible to make fhd consume equal power as 1366, i guess it is possible, advancement in technology will cause new type fhd consume less power than 1366

just like the led monitor replace those bulky old monitor,
Post 14 Jun 2018, 15:11
revolution

Don't worry about the power consumption, it is insignificant compared to the energy required to manufacture the device, and the energy required to recycle/dispose/destroy the device later.
Post 14 Jun 2018, 15:14
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
is it possible to make fhd consume equal power as 1366
No, it's not. That's a physical fact.

sleepsleep wrote:
i guess it is possible, advancement in technology will cause new type fhd consume less power than 1366
No what you said makes absolutely no sense at all. We're talking about the same technology using both resolutions. For example, if you want them to replace a 1366x768 screen with a fhd one, the CPU/GPU remain THE SAME. But now they have twice as much data to process to display whatever.

Sorry but it makes no *logical* sense to say that more data can be processed with less energy on the same hardware. It's like adding two positive numbers and expecting a smaller result than either of them. No logical sense.

sleepsleep wrote:
just like the led monitor replace those bulky old monitor,
You seem to be ignoring the fact that it's not only the monitor who has more to process on a higher resolution, but the CPU/GPU as well. You think the monitor can display stuff by itself? How do you think the data that is sent to the monitor is computed?

revolution wrote:
Don't worry about the power consumption, it is insignificant compared to the energy required to manufacture the device, and the energy required to recycle/dispose/destroy the device later.
Well you should care on a laptop Wink Nothing to do with being green, just convenience and battery usage.
Post 14 Jun 2018, 17:29
revolution

Furs wrote:
Well you should care on a laptop Wink Nothing to do with being green, just convenience and battery usage.
That is why I insisted on a laptop with 18650 cells. We can change them whenever they need it. Currently I am using NCR18650GA cells. They are awesome BTW. If I had just accepted one of the current batch of "integrated battery" laptops then I would be crying with a poor lifetime and no chance to replace the cells.
Post 14 Jun 2018, 19:20
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:

Currently I am using NCR18650GA cells.

how long your laptop could stay online without charger?

Furs wrote:

You seem to be ignoring the fact that it's not only the monitor who has more to process on a higher resolution, but the CPU/GPU as well. You think the monitor can display stuff by itself? How do you think the data that is sent to the monitor is computed?

ya, i think monitor electricity usage shouldnt get combine with the electricity needed by cpu and gpu to process those pixels and send them to monitor, they are separate entity,

Furs wrote:

We're talking about the same technology using both resolutions.

i am thinking a future technology will optimize electricity usage, eg, how many kilometer could a 1 liter petrol provides?

is there an equation on energy by 1 liter petrol? eg, the maximum is 50km? maybe? or it is actually unlimited?

i am thinking like there is a break even point, let say the minimum break even point for led manufacturing is full hd, anything below would consume more electricity in panel usage, something like that,
Post 15 Jun 2018, 02:49
sleepsleep

i took a nap, have a dream,
now i woke up, i discovered something,

and i gonna share this information, which i think, could be the truth you could rely upon,

first, what are you comprised of?
we are rand() function, there are 2 types off method to execute us, first, the execution you see now, the you now, able to access memories and processor,

the 2nd execution is, random memories but still with your processor,

every processor is unique because our random counter are totally different from each other,

===

i would theorize that, the world we live right now, are being slow down purposely, and we too, are being slow down purposely, eg, the growth rate, the speed of our movement, our minds etc,

speed of light is the fastest in this purposely slowed down dimension,

===

with this, i bring up another question, why we are here?
now ask your self, why you run unknown program in virtual machine?
because it would be a huge mess if that program gonna affects other programs,

our rand() function is executing here to see if we could and allowed to run in another realm, a faster realm, without debugging step,

because in that realm, thoughts equal result, they are very fast and most likely almost instant, so only a good rand() idk by what standard are allowed to execute there,

===
this, why you dream during sleep?
dream is important as it is essentially running your rand() with others memories, because the system doesn't want you to wreak havoc in their realm, so they could know the result whether to re debug you again, incarnation, or send you to another realm,

now it still doesn't answer what purpose of the whole existence, i hope i could figure that out one day,

===
if you believe this is how the system works, then it means, you need to balance your rand() counters, explore new counters inside us, increase our decrease them for our own function good sake, or just go extreme with one counter, idk,

===
what kind of behavior is acceptable in that realm, idk, but in order to exist, we have no choice but to recall, and study our own memories and experiences and discover what actually the lessons are and what actually cause that lesson to execute upon us,
Post 15 Jun 2018, 06:27
sleepsleep

reflect upon ourselves, what kinda us we intend to be, and what kind of attitude, behaviour we supposed to improve, and most likely, we could find the answer straight away,

eg, if you are a smoker or drinker, or etc weird kinky behaviour, you see, most likely we know what kinda behaviour to repel,

there are major and subtle stuffs to upgrade, but we could only do the subtle stuffs after we correct our major issue, imo,

i dont even have any idea why i type all these words, Laughing maybe all these could be useful to some other conscious,
Post 15 Jun 2018, 09:40
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
ya, i think monitor electricity usage shouldnt get combine with the electricity needed by cpu and gpu to process those pixels and send them to monitor, they are separate entity,
Separate entity draining the same battery? Who cares then? Wink

sleepsleep wrote:
i am thinking a future technology will optimize electricity usage, eg, how many kilometer could a 1 liter petrol provides?
It doesn't matter because with the "future technology" you can also use 1366x768 again, which will be even less energy used.

There's no absolute minimum, but there's a point where it will be negligible though (especially CPU/GPU usage) because there's just too little data to process. However, in absolute terms, it still probably uses less energy (even if insignificant).
Post 15 Jun 2018, 12:10

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143 ... 153, 154, 155  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: